2012 Chevy Caprice - North Providence RI

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
So I have finally completed the first of four 2012 Caprices that are going into service as patrol units. This was my very first Caprice and since the PPV package on this is not identical to the Tahoe or Impala, there was a large learning curve.Now that I have figured everything out they will go much smoother from now on.

Equipment list:

• Code3:
    RX2700CC-MC Lightbar with AutoDim and Serial Controller
    White/Blue multicolor modules in the front and front corners
  • Blue/Red in the rear corners
  • Blue/Amber and Red/Amber in the rear

• SML-Caprice - Blue/White/Blue
  • TRX6 Lights - Blue/ White on the front of the pushbumper and Blue on the sides
  • White HB6's in the front running lights
  • White HB6's in the spare reverse section
  • Red HB6's in the STT section
  • Blue/Red/Blue/Red Short Wingman on the rear deck
  • One Blue and One Red TRX6 on the interior trunk lid with a trunk bracket
  • Plug-In headlight flasher
  • Z3 Siren System
  • Two C3100 speakers

• JottoDesk:

Trunk tray
  • Partition
  • ABS Seat
  • ABS Door Panels
  • Steel Window Bars
  • Shotgun Rack

[*]Various:

[*]GoRhino PB

[*]Maxxima compartment light on the interior trunk lid

[*]SoundOff Red/White LED dome lamp

[*]Troy Products CC-CPFS-10 console with a custom faceplate for the Z3

[*]HiNT Tablet/Keyboard mount

[*]MagCharger

[*]1.5 Gallon ColdFire Extinguisher

[*]XTL2500 Remote Head radio (transferred)

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
While I do not like the Caprice as a police vehicle, the install looks great. I really like the side marker lights on the front fender.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Thanks all.

They are v6's.

Yes Laws suck in the daytime but I think we have enough coverage to make up for that. :)

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
lafd55 said:
Nice install. But gotta say... LAWs just suck in the daylight, just saying.

They look 1000x better in person during the bright sun, especially the rear LAWs!

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
Great work John, I like it!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Very nice install... Very well thought out.. Blue/White in front, Blue / Red in back... Just fine.

I like the rough blacked-out Charger in the background too... ;)

Incidently, your American cars are getting smaller, while our European cars are growing longer and larger...How paradoxical!

firedogg2

Nov 1, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Very nice install. Very clean. I really like the side markers on the fender as well. Did you retro fit the lights in there or is that a part? Ether way, great job on the entire install.

Casey

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
firedogg2 said:
Very nice install. Very clean. I really like the side markers on the fender as well. Did you retro fit the lights in there or is that a part? Ether way, great job on the entire install.

Casey

Thanks Casey. It's an entire assembly that just pops in. Part number is SML-CAPRICE from Code3.

Code 3 Police > Side Marker LED Light

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.