2012 Chrysler 300 Siren Installation

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
I finally got everything all together and finally got the siren installed! Unlike many others on here, I'm not a professional installer. I've helped friends here and there install stuff on their vehicles and I've always done my own vehicles prior to this one, but I'm real impressed with how it all turned out. Since it's a brand new car, I took my time, did everything right and you can barely tell there's a siren installed... Until you turn it on, of course. :satan:

Anyway, I just finished the install of my Federal Signal Unitrol Omega 90 Series Amplifier with custom switches (mainly because the controllers are super bulky and I was going for an "undercover" installation. I used a smaller 100w siren speaker purchased from Andy on here and I'm very satisfied with it!

On with the pics!

Removed the whole front bumper cover assembly (Actually easier than one would think lol):

front-end-removed.jpg

The very concealed siren speaker location: (Sorry for the dirt :) )

speaker1.jpg

See the speaker? No? That's the point. :)

speaker2.jpg

Flip down console closed up:

console-closed.jpg

Ah-ha! There they are...

console-open.jpg

And a closeup of the switches:

switches-closeup.jpg

One on the left is a 4 position rotary knob set at POS 1 - OFF, POS 2 - WAIL, POS 3 - YELP, POS 4 - CHOICE (Currently Hetro)

The middle momentary push button is set to AIR HORN

The far right momentary push button is intended for the SWEEP function, but I was unable to figure out which wire on the controller cable that was. Neighbors were getting annoyed at me trying to figure it out. lol

And finally, the wiring coming from the engine bay. All loomed up!

wiring.jpg

Let me know what ya' think!

Thanks!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
So with the Omega 90.... the sweep wire has to have a continuous positive power to it, and then you trigger it by using a momentary manual switch... My suggestions would be to make position 4 on your rotary knob the sweep wire and make the second momentary button a manual button or wire that into a horn ring circuit.

Install looks great!

I did something very similar with my Tahoe and a WIRED HDH controller. Works like a champ:D

Seth

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Well done. The more I see the new 300's, the more I wish Chrysler had chosen that body style for the police market. Has an old school, authoritarian look to it. Not that the Charger isn't "tough" looking, just a little too racey for me. I'd look at a 300 as a modernized Diplomat. Regardless, gorgeous ride and clever installation to maintain the elegance of the interior!

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Impressive. If you're considering working for an upfitting company, pictures would speak volumes so take plenty & keep them!

Feb 2, 2012
Mineola NY
EVModules said:
Impressive. If you're considering working for an upfitting company, pictures would speak volumes so take plenty & keep them!

Agreed, looks very clean. keep all of the pictures and info on all of the installs you do. Could help you get a job one day.

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
Thank you, everyone for the compliments! Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten more pictures of the lights, but I have a video on here with my review on the Strobes 'N More dashlight I have.

Some day I'll get some better ones and maybe a video with the siren...

Thanks again!

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
slash9dotnet said:
Thank you, everyone for the compliments! Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten more pictures of the lights, but I have a video on here with my review on the Strobes 'N More dashlight I have.

Some day I'll get some better ones and maybe a video with the siren...

Thanks again!

Link?

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
C17LVFD said:
So with the Omega 90.... the sweep wire has to have a continuous positive power to it, and then you trigger it by using a momentary manual switch... My suggestions would be to make position 4 on your rotary knob the sweep wire and make the second momentary button a manual button or wire that into a horn ring circuit.

Install looks great!

I did something very similar with my Tahoe and a WIRED HDH controller. Works like a champ:D

Seth
I'm actually in the process of rewiring my Omega 90 Amp to do exactly this. Can anyone confirm that the SWEEP wire I need to connect to position 4 on my switch is a PINK wire?

Thanks!!

Edit: Well, obviously the cable that I purchased from the one guy on here doesn't have the same colors as the original Omega 90's because there's no pink wire and I remember I had to try each one to see what it was when I originally wired the siren up. I had a list of wire colors and none match... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
slash9dotnet said:
I'm actually in the process of rewiring my Omega 90 Amp to do exactly this. Can anyone confirm that the SWEEP wire I need to connect to position 4 on my switch is a PINK wire?

Thanks!!

Edit: Well, obviously the cable that I purchased from the one guy on here doesn't have the same colors as the original Omega 90's because there's no pink wire and I remember I had to try each one to see what it was when I originally wired the siren up. I had a list of wire colors and none match... :cry:

I believe I have the same wires... I bought them from Sean if my memory serves me correctly. I have it setup in my Tahoe... Let me look when I get home tonight and I'll tell u definitively what wire for my setup.... I believe it's pin 11 for sweep if that'll help...

Also, Sean has a pinout for his cable, if you did buy it from him.

Thanks,

Seth

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
C17LVFD said:
I believe I have the same wires... I bought them from Sean if my memory serves me correctly. I have it setup in my Tahoe... Let me look when I get home tonight and I'll tell u definitively what wire for my setup.... I believe it's pin 11 for sweep if that'll help...

Also, Sean has a pinout for his cable, if you did buy it from him.

Thanks,

Seth

Just checked the truck. The sweep wire that needs continuous positive is Orange with a black stripe.

Hope that helps

Seth

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
Just made a new video of my 2012 Chrysler 300 that I use as my POV.

Front:

- Strobes N More D12 LED Dash Light

- (2) Feniex Python T4's mounted below the front license plate

Rear:

- Feniex Cannon LED Hide-Aways that replaced my stock reverse light bulbs (They act as my normal reverse lights when not responding to calls, and flash red/white when turned on)

- Lakeshore Emergency Traffic Director

Siren:

Federal Signal Omega 90 Series Amplifier w/ Custom Hidden Switches

Was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions on what else I could add? I need something for forward intersection warning - Was thinking maybe some Feniex Cobra T6's for under the front bumper mounted facing out at 45 degrees. I know it's probably considered too low, but it would be better than nothing. I was originally thinking Cannons for the front turning signals, but the technology in the headlamps of these cars make it damn near impossible - The back of the headlight housing is all sorts of goofy shaped and even has a circuit board built into it for the LED DRLs. I'm open to ideas that won't stick out like a sore thumb as I'm trying to keep a lower profile and a tasteful 300.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
LOVE the custom plate... I also like the setup, however, maybe it's just me but I'm really thinking some sort of headlight flasher needs to be worked out. Will a simple wigwag kit not work?

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
As for the Intersection Warning, I would Grab some Sheet metal from a hardware Store, I paid $7, in Home depot for a 4x4 piece. get Snips, or a dremel and shape them out to make a bracket for the grille lights, and intersection lights. I recently did a Lexus, that i mounted Two Lights Similar to Feniex T-6 above the plate, and then two White ones one each side of the plate for intersection. The bracket was one piece, and was attatched under the License Plate Bolts. took me about 30 Minute to make (Cut holes for wiring, Mounting, etc)...or Just buy one pre-made

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
JPolston said:
LOVE the custom plate... I also like the setup, however, maybe it's just me but I'm really thinking some sort of headlight flasher needs to be worked out. Will a simple wigwag kit not work?
Thanks! Unfortunately, no, can't do a headlight flasher as it has HID headlights.

Alboy29 said:
As for the Intersection Warning, I would Grab some Sheet metal from a hardware Store, I paid $7, in Home depot for a 4x4 piece. get Snips, or a dremel and shape them out to make a bracket for the grille lights, and intersection lights. I recently did a Lexus, that i mounted Two Lights Similar to Feniex T-6 above the plate, and then two White ones one each side of the plate for intersection. The bracket was one piece, and was attached under the License Plate Bolts. took me about 30 Minute to make (Cut holes for wiring, Mounting, etc)...or Just buy one pre-made
You have any pictures of this? I've seen the intersection license plate mount/boxes around, but I'm not a fan of how boxy they are and I'm not sure they'll even work with my car because of the way the license plate holder that's on there now is mounted. It kinda' contours the front bumper where it opens into the lower grille area.

Eric1249 said:
Sharp car. I would move the lights to behind the grille. Like the plate.
Thank you! I originally thought of putting the lights behind the grille, too, but when I look at the grille closely, the chrome fins of the grille kinda' angle down toward the ground so I think there might be a considerable amount of light being blocked by it. I'd have to get larger lightheads maybe to compensate for lost light... They didn't design this car very LED friendly. :)

Another thought that I have is to invest in a set of Whelen MirrorBeams, but I'd definitely have to sand them down and have them painted to match. The black texture would definitely kill the look of the car, if you ask me.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good, Kojak. I vote for a red tear drop!

I would look to add cannons to make a "fake HLF" and consider red intersectors as an added form of side warning (they're low-pro/stealthy, while keeping any mounting holes out of sight). Also, is the T/A "center out" pattern the one used during responses too, or is it just when parked?

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
pdk9 said:
Looks good, Kojak. I vote for a red tear drop!

I would look to add cannons to make a "fake HLF" and consider red intersectors as an added form of side warning (they're low-pro/stealthy, while keeping any mounting holes out of sight). Also, is the T/A "center out" pattern the one used during responses too, or is it just when parked?

Hahaha @ the teardrop! lol

Not sure how I could do the Cannons because of the projector headlights and the turn signals the way the housing is. I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to stay away from the headlight housings. :(

Looking into the Intersectors - The more I look at them, the more they don't look very low-profile. I'd have to see them installed more on some new Chargers since the sideview mirrors are the same on them.

As for the T/A, it was just set on center out for the video, but there are a few "responding" flash patterns that I change from time-to-time. :)

Nov 12, 2012
New York
you could mount a light on the post between the front seats and the rear seats, one on each side, that alternate. You could also get lights in your fog lights. This video shows what I suggested and a little bit more.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I've said it before and have to say it again, the 300 is the body style Chrysler/Dodge should have used for their police package. That body style simplified with some dog dish wheels would just look mean. Looks like it'd have better visibility as well over the Charger. That said, install looks good.

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
I like the basic simple set up, but agree on moving the lights you have below the license plate to the grill or above the license plate if possible. A 10-75 bracket would be good for intersection. One question for the lights in the reverse light housing, since you replaced the factory reverse lights with those is there an over-ride if they're on "emergency mode" and you go to back up?

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
It's too bad the grille wasn't more light friendly. An overall great install and pretty balanced. You ever thought of using the LED running lights and maybe finding a way to flash those?

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
efdny2003 said:
I like the basic simple set up, but agree on moving the lights you have below the license plate to the grill or above the license plate if possible. A 10-75 bracket would be good for intersection. One question for the lights in the reverse light housing, since you replaced the factory reverse lights with those is there an over-ride if they're on "emergency mode" and you go to back up?

Thanks! I might see if there's a way to relocate the Feniex T4's to above the plate - As I had mentioned before, I don't think the 10-75 plate would work with my front bumper. I get so many compliments on how bright those little guys are that makes me think - "Why fix what's not broken?" And yes, that's exactly what I have the Cannons wired to do and that's been a huge selling point for me. When they're in emergency mode and I switch the car into reverse, the red turns off and the white stays on steady burn. One day when I have company over, I'll shoot a quick little video demonstrating it, too.

lafd55 said:
It's too bad the grille wasn't more light friendly. An overall great install and pretty balanced. You ever thought of using the LED running lights and maybe finding a way to flash those?

My thoughts exactly on the grille. :) Maybe some day I'll get a "cooler" aftermarket front grille and maybe conveniently, it'll have more area to let light through. Not to just choose which one I like. Yeah, I've thought about it and seen a video around of someone that had utilized the DRL's, but it seems like a wiring/CANBUS nightmare and I'm not sure I wanna' go that route just yet. Plus, you're just asking for warranty denials. lol Maybe some day I'll look more into it, but for now, I guess I just need to leave those headlights alone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.