2012 Dodge Charger

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
Here is my first 2012 Charger. Still waiting on the computer stand and radio to be delivered but here is what I have so far. Please excuse the crappy cell video.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
I tend to subscribe to the multiple flash pattern and speed train of thought. I think it grabs the eye a little better?

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Jluke said:
I tend to subscribe to the multiple flash pattern and speed train of thought. I think it grabs the eye a little better?

it doesnt

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
Storm4200 said:
it doesnt

The customer just picked it up and they love it...and in the end that is what matters. It has 360 and the customer is happy.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
I am doing 4 more identical to this one and then I have one slick top with a different console set up as well. Will post that one when complete.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I wish people would stop adding useless extra lights to the front of a vehicle while leaving the intersections uncovered. It's a good looking install, but the LAW's in the headlights are useless and the lightbar is too far back to effective intersection warning.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
RL1 said:
I wish people would stop adding useless extra lights to the front of a vehicle while leaving the intersections uncovered. It's a good looking install, but the LAW's in the headlights are useless and the lightbar is too far back to effective intersection warning.

If the Bar Light was any farther forward it would be sloped towards the ground. Also the Vertex BLU/CLR in the front turn signal lens does give some 45deg visibility. It was recommended to the customer to have LIN's on the sides of the PB but they opted to go with front only. So, first rule of customer service is that we keep the customer happy and give them what they want. However we DO advise them to what would be more effective. Just like every person on this site they all have their own opinions as to what they want and what they feel is going to be effective for them.

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
Jluke said:
If the Bar Light was any farther forward it would be sloped towards the ground. Also the Vertex BLU/CLR in the front turn signal lens does give some 45deg visibility. It was recommended to the customer to have LIN's on the sides of the PB but they opted to go with front only. So, first rule of customer service is that we keep the customer happy and give them what they want. However we DO advise them to what would be more effective. Just like every person on this site they all have their own opinions as to what they want and what they feel is going to be effective for them.

I dont think the bar is too far forward at all. Most I see are square with the B post.

I see you're in raleigh, which agency is this going to if you dont mind me asking

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I love it. I wouldn't worry about the others because your right on when it comes to customer service. I wish we could see a better video though. Do you have a digital camera with video??

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
Jtsou said:
I see you're in raleigh, which agency is this going to if you dont mind me asking

I would rather not say since this was posted without checking with the customer first. It is in Johnston County though.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Jluke said:
If the Bar Light was any farther forward it would be sloped towards the ground.

Sorry, I was referring to lightbars in general, not just this one.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
RL1 said:
Sorry, I was referring to lightbars in general, not just this one.
To fix ths issue we would need the bar manufacture to have some sort of adjustable foot on the front to make it level. But then in may look really weird and i dont know what that would do to the aerodynamics of the whole thing.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Ugh....more of that horrid useless center tail light carnival ride flashing. The HAW LEDs both in front and in the reverse lights would be more effective in a slower flash. I like the dual effect on the push bumper, it would be complemented by the same treatment and synced with the fog lights. That would be an impressive front foot print. The overall lay out of lights is good, it just needs slower synced patterns. Slower is sleazy more effective with LED and halogen lights.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Jluke said:
The customer just picked it up and they love it...and in the end that is what matters. It has 360 and the customer is happy.

1) Nice install.

2) All it proves is that the customer is knows shyte about the science behind warning patterns and lights. The customer is almost never right in that regard.

Jluke

Feb 27, 2012
Raleigh, NC USA
11b101abn said:
1) Nice install.

2) All it proves is that the customer is knows shyte about the science behind warning patterns and lights. The customer is almost never right in that regard.

Thanks, but they do pay the bills.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.