2012 Dodge Durango Update 12/4 Pg 2

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Siren update. I ended up taking it into my dealer where I purchase the vehicle to see if they could find a good spot to mount it. I wasn't comfortable taking the whole front end off so I figured they'd have better luck then us trying to install it ourselves. I had some pretty clear instructions on how to mount it but they either didn't listen or had no choice where they put it. Without pictures the easiest way to explain it is that they mounted it on the passenger side directly between the passenger headlight and fog light. The only problem was they could only mount it facing down instead of facing out towards the front of the vehicle. I wasn't there when they did it so I guess I can't be too mad. At first I didn't think it would be loud enough but after getting it hooked up and testing it I don't think it's going to be that big of a problem.

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
Brian H said:
Siren update. I ended up taking it into my dealer where I purchase the vehicle to see if they could find a good spot to mount it. I wasn't comfortable taking the whole front end off so I figured they'd have better luck then us trying to install it ourselves. I had some pretty clear instructions on how to mount it but they either didn't listen or had no choice where they put it. Without pictures the easiest way to explain it is that they mounted it on the passenger side directly between the passenger headlight and fog light. The only problem was they could only mount it facing down instead of facing out towards the front of the vehicle. I wasn't there when they did it so I guess I can't be too mad. At first I didn't think it would be loud enough but after getting it hooked up and testing it I don't think it's going to be that big of a problem.

i wired up a 2011 durango a little while back i had to cut some of the metal bumper in order to mount 2 sho me 100 watt scoups in the lower half of the grill near the fog lights one big pia

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
OCD Mobile said:
i wired up a 2011 durango a little while back i had to cut some of the metal bumper in order to mount 2 sho me 100 watt scoups in the lower half of the grill near the fog lights one big pia
im getting ready to do my 2011 seems like theres a lot of room back there

im using 1 slim line speaker. have any pics of where you did it also what about the grill lights and did u do HLF on it

how was removing the bumper and tail lights for HAW thanks

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Brian H said:
No it sticks out too far. A perfect spot for it was that little cubby between the console and the shifter, the bracket fit like a champ but the shifter when in drive doesn't stand straight up and leans back towards the console otherwise I would have just mounted it right there

I completely agree.

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Here's some pictures of it finished.

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0452.jpg

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0455.jpg

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0445.jpg

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0441.jpg

I'm going to create another thread in Professional for some of your computer gurus to help me with some graphics.

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Thought I'd share this, I added a Graphix Shoppe chevron on the lower rear bumper. This was taken April 14th while blocking the road due to high waters from storms that came through

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_EMA1.jpg

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Taken with my cell phone. Bottom is a tilt up command board. Left door is for storage and right is a normal file drawer.

ai42.photobucket.com_albums_e303_b_hamman0512_photo_8.jpg

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Brian H said:
Taken with my cell phone. Bottom is a tilt up command board. Left door is for storage and right is a normal file drawer.

ai42.photobucket.com_albums_e303_b_hamman0512_photo_8.jpg
So I really like everything you've done but how are you going to service the radio or siren if they fail?

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
I haven't done anything else with the vehicle. I added another Mobile radio to the back of the unit but it's not hardwired yet. I also just got last week a Green LED Code 3 beacon thats pretty bright but it's only a mag mount

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
i would love do see a white reflective stripe down the side...

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
Last week I got the Durango lettered and striped. I went through Grafix Shoppe in MN for the graphics and had an install shop in Omaha put them on for me. The drivers side looks kind of funny as the Emergency Management isn't straight but oh well, they did a better job putting them on then I would have..lol Thought you guys would like to see. I started a facebook page up a few month back and if you're interested check it out, Facebook.com/MontgomeryEMA

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0520.jpg

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0502.jpg

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0495.jpg

ai1080.photobucket.com_albums_j326_montgomerycoema_DSC_0482.jpg

efdny2003

Apr 18, 2011
united states, ny
Looks good, really like the paint scheme and that it's clearly marked as EM. A very good set up in my opinion. Only thing I don't like is the built in pull out command board. It greatly limits you on where you can set up, and could prevent you from being able to be up front where you can see everything. We have one on the newest chief's car in my fire department, and unless the chief is first on scene(we're a volunteer department) there's no guarantee he could be able to get up front where he has a visual of the whole scene. Portable command boards are by far the better choice in my opinion.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
efdny2003 said:
Looks good, really like the paint scheme and that it's clearly marked as EM. A very good set up in my opinion. Only thing I don't like is the built in pull out command board. It greatly limits you on where you can set up, and could prevent you from being able to be up front where you can see everything. We have one on the newest chief's car in my fire department, and unless the chief is first on scene(we're a volunteer department) there's no guarantee he could be able to get up front where he has a visual of the whole scene. Portable command boards are by far the better choice in my opinion.

Could do both type of boards

BB215

May 29, 2010
Sydney, AU
No offence, but I'm stealing your Durango to bring to Sydney... that looks awesome.

And the FS Valor... oh if I could only convince the powers that be :(

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Have you ever thought of adding 1" high visibility reflective tape to your side mirrors? They would be applied to the lower part next to the black trim. I would think they would blend in nicely, but provide great visiblity during night operations...should be less than $20 for both with some extra tape to spare...maybe line the inside of your hatch, for when you are working from your cabinet...

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
cbpdogboy said:
Have you ever thought of adding 1" high visibility reflective tape to your side mirrors? They would be applied to the lower part next to the black trim. I would think they would blend in nicely, but provide great visiblity during night operations...should be less than $20 for both with some extra tape to spare...maybe line the inside of your hatch, for when you are working from your cabinet...

I actually have a lot of extra reflective left over and have plans to put some on the inside of the doors but just haven't gotten around to it yet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.