Heres my new 2012 jeep GC

whelen slimlighter pro on dash

4 whelen tir 3 grill

fenix 6 head with TD feature for off road lights

fenix 150w speaker behind grill

vertex in fog lights

STL deck lights on sides

vertex in reverse lights

need ideas for rear. had a STL 6 head directional but it was to big and the cable was huge. im thinking of either another slim lighter pro or maybe 2 IONS. Any ideas. want something slim and sleek. Thanks everyone.

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
Lose the clear to the rear, And in Ny its illegal for a bluelighter to run clear.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Rotate your phone 90 degrees and retake the video... lol

It deperately NEEDS something to the rear other than the vertexes... Plus a day video would be nice too...

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
TritonBoulder47 said:
Rotate your phone 90 degrees and retake the video... lol

It deperately NEEDS something to the rear other than the vertexes... Plus a day video would be nice too...

Considering NYS only permits one blue light on the dash board... technically it doesn't need anything.

But it would look nice with a pair of red/amber or blue/amber ions.

Last edited by a moderator:

kkets323

Oct 6, 2011
NY
i have 1 more set of vertexs that i might put in the break light fixture thats on the tailgate. i wanted to put them in the main break light area but the way they designed the new housing there is no reflective material in there so the vertexs wouldnt really show.

the slimlighter pro is the newer model to the slim lighter series..the new one has the gen 3 diodes rather then all of the little leds.

els any ideas on who makes low profile directional or light similar to the slim lighter.

also anyone know if anyone makes a headliner bracket for a jeep yet for a interior lightbar....

and when i get home today ill take a daytime photo as well as a clip of the hhs2200 remote..

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
"the slimlighter pro is the newer model to the slim lighter series..the new one has the gen 3 diodes rather then all of the little leds"

I don't think thats made by whelen...unless its 6 LED's per side. Then it would be the Slimlighter Super LED series... :weird:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
for the rear, either an axixtech commander or SNM dual color light stick in blue/amber would be nice on l-brackets.

also, why the speaker? i don't know about your county but the 2 counties i've worked it, air horns/sirens and clear or red LEDs are a no-no unless you're a chief or DOH-approved vehicle

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
pdk9 said:
for the rear, either an axixtech commander or SNM dual color light stick in blue/amber would be nice on l-brackets.

also, why the speaker? i don't know about your county but the 2 counties i've worked it, air horns/sirens and clear or red LEDs are a no-no unless you're a chief or DOH-approved vehicle

air horns as far as I know aren't illegal in NYS. Sirens are.

kkets323

Oct 6, 2011
NY
just got another fenix python 600 for the back should come this week then ill put up a new video... im liking the fenix product alot mainly due to the size. in a small package they do create a big punch...

whfd134

Jul 18, 2012
orange county ny
http://youtu.be/H8bxdpnusoU

im up in orange county ny and this is my current set up

i pass cops on all levels from town/city to county sheriff to nysp and not once got any complaints. then again im also using my pov for fire police duties and a sworn peace officer in nys so they really dont bother me.

and yes i know i have a head on on my liberty

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
in my county in ny the town cops would rip you a new one. expecially the rear blue. but it looks pretty sick. even for a courtacy light. and im almost 100% positive an electric airhorn is legal. a siren on the other hand will land you up shits creek

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
mhchockey84 said:
Move the dash light to above the rvm

No, please don't do that. With a full bar you do not need an interior light near the top of the windshield.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
I believe we are talking about the OPs Cherokee and not whfd134 durango? If that is the case yes, I agree move it to the top. You already have four grille lights doing the job in the mid section.

EDIT:

OP is a day of your POV?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.