2012 Silverado Code 3 and Feniex Build

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
My trusty 99 Silveraydo has finally let me down for the last time. The frame is cracked, It needs a Hub and Bearing assembly replaced, new tires, and Exhaust headers. SO, I went to the dealership to look at a 2009 Silverado, and ended up driving away in this 2012 Silverado:
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_7A21D6A6_7AF0_46C4_B12C_DAAFA4F3C76A_zpsvl2nm4zf.jpg

Starting off, it's going to get:
Phase 1(EMS Captain)
- Tow mirrors with signals in the Glass and front(COMPLETE)
- step bars because i have difficulty getting my ass in(COMPLETE)
- 07-14 Silverado Jotto Desk console that matches the dash lines model#425-6396(COMPLETE)
- 47' LED and Halogen Excalibur from my previous Silverado build(COMPLETE)
- Feniex RW and BW Canon 360 in reverse lights(IN PROGRESS)
- High beam flasher
- Feniex 4200DL w/ Bluetooth(COMPLETE)
- Feniex Storm Pro 200w w/ DL(IN PROGRESS)
- Feniex Bluetooth Module(COMPLETE)
- 2 Code 3 US206 100w Speakers(COMPLETE)
- Unity A-Post Spotlight(IN PROGRESS)
- Tonneau Cover

Phase 2(Assistant Chief)
- Red Bar of fire District's choosing (Most likely SoundOff Pinnacle) on Backrack.
- SoundOff Controller & Siren (The Bar, Controller and Siren are being forced on me)
- Whelen Dual Avenger Red w/ LR11 TD's behind rearview mirror(In Progress)
- 2nd Battery
- CDM1250
- R/W Feniex Cobra F6's on the bumper corners(In Progress)
- R/W Cannon 360 in fog lights
- SNM Tru Dual 7200 RB on backrack
- SNM Tru Dual 7200 RR in the front bumper
- Red/White 40* Fusions on backrack mounts
- Whelen Howler(In Progress)
- FedSig mechanical Siren (Older type)

The Rumbler and the Mechanical siren are more because I want them type things, where the rest is because im paranoid as shit about me, or one of my people getting hit.

ai.imgur.com_PhIFqbD.jpg

More pictures to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: mouth and Station 3

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
5/24/17
Installed the Jotto Desk console. Top slot is essentially useless, unless using a remote radio or controller head. its not even deep enough for a Arrowstik controler. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet, and buy a Feniex 4200 slightly sooner than planned...
Before:
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_Mobile_20Uploads99308b4c4506cb701939db29b674478e.jpg

After:
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_Mobile_20Uploads12bb8b87aee5638974fd6ee7d72327cf.jpg

Have to do some adjusting and playing to get the fitment right still, but thats pretty much it. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Excalibur on the roof this weekend

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
5/27/17
Got the Excalibur mounted up this weekend, and i think it looks a hell of alot better than it did on my '99 Silverado Regular cab:

ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_47DDBF8E_4B7D_43EB_87AF_AFE74F0CD2C0_zpsdldazy88.jpg
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_4B5378E1_2C12_481B_9830_FE4A205E8A32_zpsintumcvo.jpg
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_8D2D32F2_2FCA_4A62_940E_08C143AEFB1C_zps3gjiojx8.jpg
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_CDC4B6F1_C72F_460D_83C8_A0E6FBA3C0DB_zps5ln3fr2g.jpg
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_0170D217_3128_4A67_8CCC_B0A26BE79BAC_zpsvoofylpk.jpg

Cables are just laying in the toolbox for now, waiting to be run inside the cab tomorrow. Damned rain this weekend has been a real pain.

New toolbox will be going on tomorrow as well.

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Wiring was started Wednesday night. couldnt use the floor plug I wanted to, because the evap canister was right below it :-(
Attaching the ground for the bar directly to the driver side seatbelt bolt, running the lightbar control cable under the driver seat, and then along the center hump, and into a blue sea systems 6 circuit fuse box at the bottom of the console. Arrowstik control cable will run along side, and obviously to the Arrowstik controller

Reactions: NVFD612

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Doyle,

Exactly which light bar are those Code 3 feet for? I have a MX7K I am going to mount on my Yukon, and I would love to have something exactly like those to utilize for the install.

Dennis
NVFD612

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Doyle,

Exactly which light bar are those Code 3 feet for? I have a MX7K I am going to mount on my Yukon, and I would love to have something exactly like those to utilize for the install.

Dennis
NVFD612
they are the standard Code 3 LIT3 feet. I believe the part number is LIT3KIT. They started coming on late Excaliburs, and the 2100 series bar, but can be used on just about any Code 3 bar.

Finding them will be the problem, especially if you're looking for new, as they are out of production.

The intersection light on the foot is a Mac-Sterns Emergency Lighting special, using a standard Feniex T3. Light output for the price is extremely sufficient.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Took the new camper out for it's maiden voyage last weekend. Couldn't pass up the glamour shot:
ai1275.photobucket.com_albums_y453_depewfd418_f92ed4a8_3ff1_4ec4_963d_cfea2788ce25_zpsu1zgsvdd.jpg

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Time to mount some M-7's on those... LoL!!!!

Dennis
NVFD612
LOL. its a work in progress. I'm waiting for a few jobs I have on the burner to come to fruition so I can spend the profits for more. lmao.
I may do T3's or Fusions. they have turn signals built into them as well, so I may just leave them alone. lol I am also not a big Whelen guy, especially when it comes to my own vehicle.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
7/6/17

ai.imgur.com_CTGroWO.jpg
Dealership finally replaced my factory head unit. Previous owner had something heavy sitting on the center seat, slammed on the brakes, and launched said heavy item into the head unit, shattering the screen, and breaking off an Aux plug in the port, destroying any aux capability. Normally, I wouldn't care, as the radio and USB port worked. But then it started doing weird ****, like swapping channels and sources. Immediately made a complaint to the dealership, and they vowed to take care of it. After a month of "searching" they managed to find a "new in box" replacement.

It works, so I'm happy.

Reactions: NVFD612

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
so its not the vehicles fault your listening to polka?

When you live in a county that is approx 70% of Polish origin, you learn to assimilate. I've grown up the only Irish guy at the Polish party, so to make myself blend in, i have to fully immerse myself in the local culture. the only time they can tell I'm not one of them, is when I grow my Irish red hair, or facial hair out...

besides...this is a party polka, not some lame shit!

Who the hell is alice????

;)
See, Timbo Slice gets it!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
but if the're pollock and we all know the "insert pollock joke here" all you have to do is tell them to get over it LOL

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
7/22/17
Was finally able to get my Light bar wired in, and then take this horifficly blurry video...looks like it was shot with a potato...not really, just a Galaxy Phone...
More proof iPhone is superior

I'll have to take a better shot tonight, before it gets too dark...

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
8/7/17

After going to both the WNYVFA and SWVFA conventions, and dancing between rainstorms I've finally had an opportunity to do a new Video, that doesn't look like it was shot with a potato!

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
9/8/17
So, I've not made any physical progress...but the parts are ordered!
In Hand:
Whelen Growler
Galls HLF(may abandon for Wig-Wag circuit on 4200DL)

On order:
4200DL
Storm Pro 200w
Apple BT Module
Jotto Faceplate for 4200

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Storm Pro, and BT Module arrived, 4200 and faceplate due friday. T3's & Plate mount due middle of next week!

Reactions: Bvfa23

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
I don't know why, but the blue lightbar on a red truck looks a little odd to me. Not that it looks bad, but it just takes some getting used to, but I definitely like the choice to use an Excalibur.

I have never been a fan of LED lighting that does not flash in some sort of pattern. The lights look like they're just randomly flashing. I don't know if that's because of the type of light head used, but it would be nice if they flashed in sync.

Also, I'd give the lightbar domes a wet sanding treatment. The domes look a little cloudy. If your domes don't clean up too well, I'm sure someone on the board here would be able to hook you up with some decent looking domes.

Reactions: Station 3

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I don't know why, but the blue lightbar on a red truck looks a little odd to me. Not that it looks bad, but it just takes some getting used to, but I definitely like the choice to use an Excalibur.
I agree, it does. I think it's because we are all so used to seeing Red lights on Red trucks. it's just a mind trick.
The Excalibur has been my dream Lightbar since I first saw it in a fall 1996 Galls Catalog.

I have never been a fan of LED lighting that does not flash in some sort of pattern. The lights look like they're just randomly flashing. I don't know if that's because of the type of light head used, but it would be nice if they flashed in sync.
As for the front, unfortunately im stuck with the way they flash, as they are not sync-able. As for the rear corners, I chose to use a faster red flash, and a slower blue, just to avoid the dreaded purple blur, at a distance. I was originally getting that when I had them synced at first.

I may replace the Takedowns, and front 3 LED's and TD's with Feniex 40* B/W Fusions, so I can sync them, and have a brighter TD

Also, I'd give the lightbar domes a wet sanding treatment. The domes look a little cloudy. If your domes don't clean up too well, I'm sure someone on the board here would be able to hook you up with some decent looking domes.
i plan to, i just have not had the time. Very busy prepping for the upcoming hunting season!

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Added a Unity 206010-0002 to phase 1, because I got one incredibly cheap!!
Just need to find a PAR46SLC to replace the halogen bulb...and well...install it!

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Scored some Cannon 360's for the tails super cheap from Rgonsior! Phase 1 is coming to full fruition faster than I planned!

Also got a GoPro Karma Drone, so Mac-Stearns videos are going to become alot more Dynamic!

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Final plan is done...now just the Procurement and waiting game. 12 months to purchase and install about $1600 worth of lights and equipment...
ai.imgur.com_PhIFqbD.jpg

There is a possibility that I'm going to get screwed into a 5 year old [vomit]Sound-Off Pinnacle bar[/Vomit], but if they do that I REFUSE to go back to a VCOM, and they wont let me use my own Siren, Controller, or Lightbar equipment, so they will be buying something...

Trinity Spotlight is in:
ai.imgur.com_XKtUNbL.jpg

As are the Cannon 360's for the reverse lights:
ai.imgur.com_AWgTWrl.jpg

Attachments

• ai.imgur.com_xe5DOli.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_xe5DOli.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Reactions: #1texan and OliverD

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
You know there's a big job about to go down with Mac-Stearns when the red parts totes come out.
Going to redo the Silveraydo this weekend, and add some...stuff...
ai.imgur.com_Ssaz5Zn.jpg
I'll try to get pictures and video of progress...

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Installing the Unity Spotlight:
5AvIBIB.jpg

^BVFA23 "Hogging big holes" in my A-Pillar
2nYQ7df.jpg

^Finally through, and we didnt clip the windshield
t2KsI1H.jpg

Solenoid, providing continuous power to the JottoDesk console
IMG

^Spotlight in place. Will upload pictures of the completed job later on

Last edited:

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Update time!
Not digging this missing "edit" button

Phase 1(EMS Captain - Pre January 1, 2019)
- Tow mirrors with signals in the Glass and front(COMPLETE)
- step bars because i have difficulty getting my ass in(COMPLETE)
- 07-14 Silverado Jotto Desk console that matches the dash lines model#425-6396(COMPLETE)
- 47' LED and Halogen Excalibur from my previous Silverado build(COMPLETE)
- Feniex RW and BW Canon 360 in reverse lights(IN PROGRESS)
- Feniex 4200DL w/ Bluetooth(COMPLETE)
- Feniex Storm Pro 200w w/ DL(IN PROGRESS)
- Feniex Bluetooth Module(COMPLETE)
- 2 Code 3 US206 100w Speakers(COMPLETE)
- Unity A-Post Spotlight (COMPLETED)
- Whelen 8* PAR46S2B3 bulb for Unity Spot(In Progress)
- Tonneau Cover

Phase 2(Assistant Chief - Post January1, 2019)
- Red Bar of fire District's choosing (Most likely SoundOff Pinnacle) on Backrack.
- SoundOff Controller & Siren (The Bar, Controller and Siren are being forced on me)
- Whelen Dual Avenger Red w/ LR11 TD's behind rearview mirror(In Progress)
- 2nd Battery
- CDM1250
- R/W Feniex Cobra F6's on the bumper corners(In Progress)
- High beam flasher
- R/W Cannon 360 in fog lights
- SNM Tru Dual 7200 RB on backrack
- SNM Tru Dual 7200 RR in the front bumper
- Red/White 40* Fusions on backrack toolbox mounts
- Whelen Howler(In Progress)
- FedSig mechanical Siren (Older type)

Wiring diagram for the panel going under the back seat
nNIywOy.jpg

Gonna try to get the LED Bulb in the spotlight before I go to the cabin this weekend, and maybe a drone video of the spotlight in use

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
are you saying that you will have the mx7000 and a mini bar?

before id do that i'd rig up a clear lens with red and blue filters, whichever call you do more runs on as the outers and then the inners for the other "hat"

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
are you saying that you will have the mx7000 and a mini bar?

before id do that i'd rig up a clear lens with red and blue filters, whichever call you do more runs on as the outers and then the inners for the other "hat"
negative. I will be EMS Captain until December 31, and Hopefully 3rd Assistant Chief as of January 1.

The Excalibur will be getting Red Domes and Front LED's on January 1, and their...equipment...will be going on, and mine removed whenever they get around to doing it after January 1.

I am not permitted to install their equipment... I wish I was joking.

Chris W

Mar 27, 2014
NJ
negative. I will be EMS Captain until December 31, and Hopefully 3rd Assistant Chief as of January 1.

The Excalibur will be getting Red Domes and Front LED's on January 1, and their...equipment...will be going on, and mine removed whenever they get around to doing it after January 1.

I am not permitted to install their equipment... I wish I was joking.

I would resign! No one touching my truck!

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
I would resign! No one touching my truck!
LOL
It will be done by an extremely reputable local franchise of a regional company(10-75), and thoroughly reviewed before I accept it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris W

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.