2012 Subaru Impreza

QuincyC

May 23, 2016
Rockport, MA
I was wondering how I would go about wiring up these in my 2012 Subaru Impreza? A Feniex 4200 Mini, Cobra 2x Dash Light, 4 License plate mounted Cobra T3's (Front and rear, rear synced together to one output), a rear deck Cobra 400 Stick light and possibly a Cobra visor light later down the road. I understand the 4200 Mini has 6 outputs and I'd like to make the front two T3's wig-wag so that leaves me with 4 outputs (One to activate, other to switch patterns). The remaining four outputs would be:
-Dash light
-Rear
-Visor (later down the road)
-Pattern switch

My question is how do I supply the 4200 with power? Direct with 20 amp fuse from the battery or from the fuse box? Also would I under the run the wires through where the fusebox wires go through the firewall? Also how would I run the wire to each device, exterior or under the the interior roof/floor? I understand how to wire up the switch and lights themselves but have no idea about how to wire up exterior and system power. Any ideas on the best way to wire this up, like where to bring in the wire to the power and where to route the wires to the T3's?

Thanks - Q

Last edited:

daniel_medic

Jun 16, 2015
Afghanistan
Hi

I have a few experiences upfitting Scoobys. There is a rubber grommet on the passenger side of the firewall which you can pop out or cut and run your wires through. Id tap the battery for you + supply and run it to the 4200. from the 4200 it is + output so you need to ground each light. best is to ground as close to the fitting point as possible. if you are fitting in the grill then id run a ground/earth to the lighthead from inside the engine bay.
with regards to routing the wiring inside the vehicle you can lift the carpet on the passenger side between the door and the seat. there are other wire harnesses that route through there just follow them. if you arnt comfortable with that you can run it in the headliner by pulling off the rubber seal around the door to gain access to roof lining to run from front to back.
I dont know where you are going to mount the 4200 but you can gain access to the center console when you are behind the dash retrieving the wire which you are passing through the grommet.

QuincyC

May 23, 2016
Rockport, MA
How do I got about tapping the battery and connecting it to the 4200 mini? Run a wire from the positive post of the battery to the red wire of the 4200 and the black wire to the negative post of the battery? What wire gauge should I use and do I need fuses or anything like that? And so then run the red wire of the light heads to the color of the switch I want and then just ground the blue/ negative wire of the light heads?

Could I use an "Add a circuit" like this and then use a 20 amp fuse?

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.