2013 Dodge Charger Ideas

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
***This post updated with most recent pics/videos***

Some ideas on grill light installs on a Dodge Charger. This is a 2013. The grill lights are dual color Feniex Fusions, installed on a custom bracket I made, attached to a Whelen siren speaker bracket. I also tinted the lenses using Rustoleum lens tint and clear coat. Works amazing and makes it blend in much better behind the grill. Heres some videos and pics; enjoy, and feel free to ask more questions or request more pics.

I have 2 modes; one is all blue, the other is blue/red. It is all controlled by a Whelen HHS2200 handheld siren/controller mounted to the right of my steering wheel. In hindsight, I wish I would have hooked up the S/T/T lights to flash instead of the rope LED's, but I don't think its big enough of a deal to go through all the work un-doing how it is now.

Summary of Equipment:
Front:
- 4 Feniex Fusion Dual Color (R/B, 40 degree)
- 1 Feniex Fusion 200 Dual Color (R/W - B/W, 180 degree)
- 2 Whelen Par28 all blue LinZ6 3.5" fog lights
- Soundoff Signal ISO Model Solid-State HLF
- Feniex Triton 100w Siren Speaker
- Whelen HHS2200 Handheld Siren controller

Rear:
- Able2/Sho-Me 11.1005stt.chg TLF hooked to Rope LED's
- 2 Whelen Ion Trio R/B/W (smoked lens)
- 2 Feniex Cannon Dual Color R/B in reverse lights
- Feniex Fusion 600 Dual Color Blue/Red (All 40 degree optics)

ai.imgur.com_6xraRDH.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

ai.imgur.com_FOduF8a.jpg

Blue mode loses the HLF, and the 200 flashed B/W instead of R/W

Blue mode loses the Ions, and the Rope LEDs, and only flashes the 600 in all blue, and the Cannons in all blue

I have since changed the pattern on the 600 Blue mode to match the pattern in the above red/blue mode video

ai.imgur.com_vy1zrBu.jpg ai.imgur.com_VmIaz5J.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg ai.imgur.com_MxqvkmI.png
ai.imgur.com_g5ecQDA.jpg

Also, the rear license plate lights are Whelen Ion Trio's (smoked lens) that turn on steady white with the reverse lights (the flickering has since been corrected with a relay).

Last edited:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
That looks super clean!

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
EDIT: Lots of info updated, and videos added of the rear lights. Planning on buying a Feniex Fusion 400 Dual Color R/B for the rear window

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
EDIT: Lots of info updated, and videos added of the rear lights. Planning on buying a Feniex Fusion 400 Dual Color R/B for the rear window

I like the idea of a rear stick (I would’ve gone with a 600 though), but I still think that something on the front headliner would be nice (doesn’t have to be anything big since I bet you’re looking to maintain a low pro look but just something for upper level warning)

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Just curious. Why did you decide to do all blue for one mode and all red for the other mode in your grill rather than doing red/blue? I think it would have looked better had you had both colors flashing in the grill in one of the modes.

Reactions: Station 3

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Just curious. Why did you decide to do all blue for one mode and all red for the other mode in your grill rather than doing red/blue? I think it would have looked better had you had both colors flashing in the grill in one of the modes.

He probably uses the vehicle for multiple purposes.

NYS V&T law = all blue for volunteer FFs (courtesy light) and red/clear is emergency vehicles that can run sirens (volunteer chief POVs, fire apparatus, LEO vehicles, etc). The way the law is written, authorized emergency vehicles can only have red/clear to the front and red/blue/clear to the rear

Reactions: Station 3

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
He probably uses the vehicle for multiple purposes.

NYS V&T law = all blue for volunteer FFs (courtesy light) and red/clear is emergency vehicles that can run sirens (volunteer chief POVs, fire apparatus, LEO vehicles, etc). The way the law is written, authorized emergency vehicles can only have red/clear to the front and red/blue/clear to the rear

Correct. I am also a volunteer FF, which is when I can use only blue. Technically the red mode should be only red/clear, but the fog lights are only single color, so what you see is what you get

Reactions: StEaLtH2

dg0223

Feb 20, 2011
USA/Texas
Gotcha. And to echo the sentiments of others, it does look like a very neat and clean install. Sometimes less is more. Very nice.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Now the question for the Feniex 600 in the rear window.... What setup do I go with?

- B/R - B/R - B/R - B/R - B/R - B/R
or
- B/R - A/A - B/R - B/R - A/A - B/R

Keep in mind, it will be 2 modes. 1 being the first color (so in the first config Blue and Amber, or just Blue in the second config), and Mode 2 - dual color so either Blue and Red, or Blue, Red, and Amber depending on the config

I soooooo wish there was an interactive online program where I can see what the patterns would like like in custom configurations. This is 2017, how do we not have this?

ai.imgur.com_6FZhXnn.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

ai.imgur.com_YyTgkZF.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

ai.imgur.com_GXr74Nj.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

ai.imgur.com_OVjHSQL.png_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Last edited:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ehh if it was me id do

B/A A/R B/A A/R B/A A/R

or

B/R A/A B/R A/A B/R A/A

because you already have alot of other red and blue in the hideaways and im guessing brake light flasher?

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
The feniex lineup is so ungodly bright that you won't see a difference in color in mode 2 if you are running RaRRaR

I feel like the 2 modules in question should be A/B with primary color being Amber so in mode 1 you get BaBBaB and mode 2 you get RbRRbR so you'll atleast have some sort of visual separation between the colors

I have a cobra 600 in RaRRaR and unless I turn the amber on seperately it just looks all red

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think he's authorized red and blue together due to state laws depending on services being rendered...

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
The Feniex Fusion 600 has been ordered and should be in soon. Had the lights going on a call yesterday for a while and noticed the PAR28's began to lose sync and transform to a simultaneous flash from an alternating. Is there anything worth checking besides the sync wire?

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
What color combo did you end up going with for the 600?
Just red/blue to start. May end up buying one or two Amber modules to swap out depending on how I like it. There were some discrepancies on different websites how the 2 color modules would work with Amber (B/A, R/A) as far as which color would be mode one vs mode two.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
You can have a dealer order it the way you want. Feneix has to swap the modes at the factory and I think they charge a little more to do so. Just for future reference

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Just red/blue to start. May end up buying one or two Amber modules to swap out depending on how I like it. There were some discrepancies on different websites how the 2 color modules would work with Amber (B/A, R/A) as far as which color would be mode one vs mode two.

I'm 95% sure all you have to do is open the bar up and swap the wires around for the specific module in question they're dual color steady burn heads with a trigger wire for each color

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Got some exciting changes done. Added the Feniex Fusion 600 dual color (40 degree) to the back window, and a Feniex Fusion 200 dual color (180 degree) to the front window.

Last edited:

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I'm 95% sure all you have to do is open the bar up and swap the wires around for the specific module in question they're dual color steady burn heads with a trigger wire for each color
For reference for other members, this is not the case. The heads are not steady burn with a trigger wire. They are self-contained with built in patterns, so changing the primary and secondary color by just swapping wires won't work. You would have to have Feniex actually modify the firmware in the lightheads themselves.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Which is what I stated... :)

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Here's one video with both Volly (blue) and Emergency (Red/White front, red/blue back) modes, front and back. Kinda wish the 600 showed better through the back window tint, but thats about as good as its gonna get without modifying the tint. Lmk what you think!

(Edit: Videos deleted, see newer videos below)

Last edited:
Reactions: #1texan

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
if thats a dash light over the drivers side id center it... looks odd...

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I wanted to center it, but it wouldn't be able to be up high and tight to the headliner, because of the way the factory RVM is, and the solid black part of the windshield. It's a Feniex fusion 200

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Added a custom flashback shield to the Fusion 200 and got a better video of the front and rear

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
New setup looks great. I just think it looks awkward having a 200 on the drivers side only. I think it’d be nice to have another 200 on the other side of the RVM (unless you’re saving up/waiting to get a full size ILB)

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY

Swapped the high beams with LED's and it makes an AMAZING difference in both warning "punch" and night time steady-on visibility

Reactions: ff168577

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
New LED high beams look great. Did you have to do much work, or were they basically plug n play and worked fine with HLF?

Passenger side headliner still looks like it’s missing something though lol

Reactions: codycat91

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
New LED high beams look great. Did you have to do much work, or were they basically plug n play and worked fine with HLF?

Passenger side headliner still looks like it’s missing something though lol

They were plug and play, work with the Soundoff Signal solid state, iso model HLF. The LED lights though, do have integrated CANBUS modules so they dont flicker.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.