2013 Explorer Siren Install

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Looking for the best way to mount a siren without removing the frontbumper/fascia. Somewhere I don't mind doing a minimal amount of work but not to remove the entire front.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I don't believe it's possible. To get to any mounting point behind the grille, the whole front fascia must be removed. Your best bet would be to get the Whelen specific brackets and mount it that way. That worked great for my 2016 Interceptor build.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Actually I found that Whelen has a mount that attaches to the drivers side frame body. All you have to do is unscrew everything in that side only and it's totally accessible

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Opps, I stand corrected, I just read the directions for the SAK44. I didn't realize the SAK44 didn't require the removal or the front facia. The SAK51 and SAK52 do though. My bad, sorry about that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.