2013 Marked Chevy Tahoe

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
wouldve loved to see some more sync to the front

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
Pretty good. Sync and slow the fog lights to match the grill lights and I would have gone with a solid blue LINZ6 under the red Mirror Beam and sync'd them opposite of each other but that's a pretty minor detail.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I think the fog lights are a little much and maybe get something in the rear side windows, but overall not too bad.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
I have no issue with the amount of lighting. It's all well placed. I'd just suggest slowing all the patterns down and having them coincide with each other (blue with blue, red with red) in slow, alternating patterns. You'd be amazed at how much more effective it would be. Otherwise, especially at night, it'll just come across as a purple blur.

Friends don't let friends have purple blurs.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
FreshDave04 said:
I have no issue with the amount of lighting. It's all well placed. I'd just suggest slowing all the patterns down and having them coincide with each other (blue with blue, red with red) in slow, alternating patterns. You'd be amazed at how much more effective it would be. Otherwise, especially at night, it'll just come across as a purple blur.

Friends don't let friends have purple blurs.

I couldn't agree more. I recently added lighting to my push bar and its amazing how pattern selection helps. I have a fully populated Wecan Libby up top with all red alternating with all blue on Action Flash except one pair of R/B heads set to steady burn. It moves traffic very good. The added push bumper lighting is two blue M4s, two red Fogs and white M2s at an angle for intersection. The red and blues alternate left red/blue with right red/blue on Single Flash 60. I'm amazed at the distance people start to react to me approaching now. Its easily been doubled or tripled. Slow and steady can't be beat. Those lights can be seen long before the Libby on a faster pattern. :thumbsup:

Nov 22, 2011
Delaware Valley
I notice towards the end of the video that the Liberty switches from R/B to all white. What is the purpose of that? Or is it just something that happened to the video due to the quick flash pattern?

EDIT: Should have gone straight to the YouTube page. Question answered :duh:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
solid overall, but 3 things I would've changed: sync and slow down the flash patterns of the mirrorbeams and the fog lights, use a HLF instead of the LAWs in the DRLs (HLF is a brighter and more cost effective on the tahoe IMO), and move the R/B lin4/linz6 under the mirror and put it on the sides of the PB (solid colors red or blue, of course!). Glad to see we have a new installer sharing some decent work with us here ;-)

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
not quite sure i understand the white flood option to the REAR

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
I just can't understand having a lightbar that is all white...steady burn or flashing. Seems like a waste of money. I certainly am not sold that all white steady burn bar illuminates the area. It's bright but not a great scene lighting IMHO. But maybe that's just my personal taste.

DaCityPolice

May 23, 2010
Washington, DC
coopers said:
I just can't understand having a lightbar that is all white...steady burn or flashing. Seems like a waste of money. I certainly am not sold that all white steady burn bar illuminates the area. It's bright but not a great scene lighting IMHO. But maybe that's just my personal taste.

Have you seen a full white lightbar steady burn in person? We've got Valors at work and when you've got the scene lights on, it's like daylight. I think it's a see it to believe it kind of thing.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
DaCityPolice said:
Have you seen a full white lightbar steady burn in person? We've got Valors at work and when you've got the scene lights on, it's like daylight. I think it's a see it to believe it kind of thing.

Yeah you're probably right. Video just doesn't seem to do it justice. Does it throw light and light up the area or is it just "bright to the eye?"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.