Not open for further replies.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY

Come on guys last day to vote lets push it

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Well I voted my last time today. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who stepped up and helped with the voting through this. Thanks Randy (Hoser) for also keeping us informed with the family. After today all we can do is wait. :) Again, I can't thank you all enough.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Fluffy126577 said:
Well I voted my last time today. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who stepped up and helped with the voting through this. Thanks Randy (Hoser) for also keeping us informed with the family. After today all we can do is wait. :) Again, I can't thank you all enough.

Very well done everyone, glad to see the ELB family step up and help out like this :cool:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
When will the results be posted?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Just tried the link to see if i could get on.

Nope! wanted to see what the vote count was at. :confused:

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Sure seems strange not voting on the site. Still haven't heard anything. I looked around on site and didn't find anything either...Hopefully know something soon. Jesse, you did a great job gettin this started here a ELB. And all those who pitched in and voted for Owen Thanks for steppin Up and kickn in with your votes! I for one was impressed with where it went. Fingers are crossed. :)

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
This is the reply from Owens Grandparents on facebook when I ask when we would know something. "Joe N Stacy Weaver Owen is in the top 5% and a semi finalist. It is now up to the judges. We will not find out the winners until the end of the month. Thank You for all that you have done. We really do appreciate it." So it sounds like it's going to take a while.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Hoser said:
Nothing that Ive heard as of yet. With it being computerized you would think it would have been a done deal. As soon as I know something it will be posted here. Waiting........

Actually, in charity contests like this they often have a few other factors to deal with than the raw numbers. The results are being used to select the recipient of a real award. Simply taking straight internet vote numbers isn't prudent. Winners must be verified, the conditions of their organization met etc. Then, it's not like you just crown one special needs person the best one. It's a really sensitive issues and people are getting life altering aid. There is a certain ethical obligation of the charity to honor all their struggles. I would guess once the votes are verified, the top 10% screened for prize compatibility and maximum benefit, then 3 will be matched with sponsored prizes. This is more of a way to identify and address a need, motivate the public and raise awareness than a it is strict contest or vote. Great cause, everyone did a fine job.

Last year's 3 Winners

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
After being announced as the 2013 Local Hero Winners for National Mobility Awareness Month, Abigail Carter, Jeff Scott and Steve Herbst were each awarded a customized Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle with family, friends, sponsors and the media there to help celebrate.

Regardless, a final thank you to all for voting :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.