2013 rav 4 safety support vehicle

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Did a 2013 rav 4 safety vehicle. Pulls trailer with the cones n crap needed for basic traffic control. Not complete. Waiting for dual color fusion from fever for the grill.
20180802_123412-jpg.214076

Pic is upside down for some reason. Switches are in the dummy spots on the rav console.
Quick stage 1 video

The federal signal 6 head surface mounts ate insane bright and super thin!

Attachments

• 20180802_123412.jpg
    20180802_123412.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 344
Reactions: RCMoeur

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Lol;) we were going to get her explorer in 2013 but the dealer was being a scumbag and ended up with the rav. I have the 2017 PIU. Its my wifes car i have a small busness doing traffic control for events and basic installs ( plows, construction trucks,povs, security). She wanted lights, couldnt help myself!!!!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well ya Gotta Do what Ya gotta Do, I have two Police Interceptors for My Security Company, My Lovely City Police Just Decided to Harass me cause 1 of them is Still Unmarked cause it needs a paint job and my tints not fully burned away yet so they couldnt see my lights nor read my Magnetic signs on the doors... cant wait till i can get that one Fully Light-barred and painted and marked.... trying not to have my insurance go through the roof once its at that point!

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
Yay Split Fail flash patterns! And illegal green lights! (At least in my state)

Also, I'm not sure what the point is in having to take 3 switching actions in order to turn on any warning equipment. That's not distracting at all.

Furthermore, do you really need 4 switches for 3 light groupings?

I'd remove the useless, dangerous, and whacker "master" switch completely. Then remove all 4 of the switches you put in, and replace them by a simple 3 position slider.

Cheaper, easier, safer, more effective, and less whacker throughout.

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Yay Split Fail flash patterns! And illegal green lights! (At least in my state)

Also, I'm not sure what the point is in having to take 3 switching actions in order to turn on any warning equipment. That's not distracting at all.

Furthermore, do you really need 4 switches for 3 light groupings?

I'd remove the useless, dangerous, and whacker "master" switch completely. Then remove all 4 of the switches you put in, and replace them by a simple 3 position slider.

Cheaper, easier, safer, more effective, and less whacker throughout.

thats not a split fail:rolleyes:.... learn the proper ways to hate before you judge
thanks junior take your nonsense elsewhere;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony P

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
Well ya Gotta Do what Ya gotta Do, I have two Police Interceptors for My Security Company, My Lovely City Police Just Decided to Harass me cause 1 of them is Still Unmarked cause it needs a paint job and my tints not fully burned away yet so they couldnt see my lights nor read my Magnetic signs on the doors... cant wait till i can get that one Fully Light-barred and painted and marked.... trying not to have my insurance go through the roof once its at that point!
i have an excellent relationship i have built thought my professional career with law enforcement at the local, county and state level. sorry that you cant the same professional where you are, but unfortunately a lot of folks with Security plastered on a shirt uniform or car have made it hard for those of us that are true safety professionals be taken seriously

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
youd think after 29 years with all the places ive done work at, events, etc, people ive met that they would know that I am a Professional, but with all the wanna be's and stupid security people I can understand their relationship with us.. But I have met way too many Cops with a Hatred of Security personell good bad or whatever, your taking money from my pocket, food off my table, work you name it... I get so tired of Reminding Police Officers that they are Sworn Law Enforcement Personel Not Trained Security Officers.. Its Esp Hard When so Many of my family is Law Enforcement, even my dad was a Reserve Sgt who ended up working security for the past 20 something years, and these new cops treat him like he dont know anything... UGH! I hate to get on a rant like that.. not my style!

Reactions: Kendreth

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Now Back to my Regularly Scheduled Comments...

Have Ya noticed the new Explorers are so much smaller then the 2000 versions, looked at one for my mom to replace hers with but it is smaller inside and out and wouldnt fit her stuff in it for her craft fairs... I barely have enough leg and hip room in one of them... that rav 4 is almost on the same dimensions and roominess scale if its anything like a cr v type.

Ohh and for our Junior member..

in my state Amber and Green are only for Security, for Fire its Only for Command Vehicle's, but for some reason tow truck companies in orlando area have been using them on their trucks and of course our state wont do anything about them. As a Canteen Member im barely allowed to use Red and White unless im gaining access to a Fire or Law Enforcement calls

Kendreth

Jul 28, 2011
Nashua, NH
complete for now! might get a little 3 wire TA for the back at some point

front setup
<iframe width="972" height="547" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rear setup

switches and interior

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
Do you have lights on the sides? Not a fan of your model vehicle, I am biased though. With the design of the vehicle your placement goes well. If you get some reflective tape, you can make it pretty cool looking.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.