2013 Silverado finally done

Jun 24, 2015
Andrews TX
Here is a list of equipment video will follow this afternoon. Thanks to everyone here for their help and insight. The install went very well for my first time and hope you will all critic it when I get the video posted thanks

Front:
License plate - AWL AP4 R/W
Grill - AWL AP6 R
ILB - AWL Linear R/W

Sides:
AWL AP6 R/W

Back:
Window - AWL Linear Warning Bar R
License Plate - AWL AP4 R

Siren:
Smart Siren SM

Speakers:
FS AW 124 x 2

Ran the brain under the back seat with a fuse block from Blue Sea. Siren is on a toggle off/on switch mounted under the radio for power

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Sounds like a good setup, but just needs some more side warning and a HLF. The only thing I don't like is the use of split heads.
Are the AWL lights on the front LP area side-facing for intersection, or are they front-facing (please tell me they're intersection lights, not front-facing LEDs mounted on the front LP!).

And hurry up with the video lol

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good so far brother. Just some constructive criticism/critiquing..... As I mentioned above, def get a HLF (bright and inexpensive). Intersectors are perfect for the mirrors, but please consider going solid red for them. Another future update (budget permitting) should be some Feniex cannons or AWL LAWs to the rear, but an inexpensive alternative to LAWs would be a TLF. I'm honestly not a huge fan of TIR lightheads mounted on the exterior (as is the case with the grill), and think eventually replacing them with a pair of solid red Feniex 7x3 widelux from Tom at AWL would give better front and intersection visibility.

As far as flash patterns go, I'd really suggest flashing the rear lightheads as solid, slow patterns, and for the running board lights, I'd sync them so that they both flash clear together--> both flash red together. The forward-facing LP lights honestly (IMO), look tacky and don't contribute anything since it's so low down and the grill has decent coverage without them, so I'd get rid of them.

Does the smart siren control TA patterns on the rear lightstick, or do u just flash the lightstick in warning mode?
Also, how come no red/blue? I thought vollies in TX run both on POVs

Jun 24, 2015
Andrews TX
The r/b is what everyone runs here I just wanted something different.
The TA function I am hoping to tie into the SM just still working on figuring out what wires go where. The front lights are going to stay as I dont want something too big on the grill. I agree with the sides syncing red and white that will be a project today. As for the front license plate lights would mounting them to the side be better then? Also what HLF TLF would you suggest? I might eventually put r/w feniex cannons in the back up light spot but that will be when funds are available. Front I definitely want to put in HLF soon

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The r/b is what everyone runs here I just wanted something different.
The TA function I am hoping to tie into the SM just still working on figuring out what wires go where. The front lights are going to stay as I dont want something too big on the grill. I agree with the sides syncing red and white that will be a project today. As for the front license plate lights would mounting them to the side be better then? Also what HLF TLF would you suggest? I might eventually put r/w feniex cannons in the back up light spot but that will be when funds are available. Front I definitely want to put in HLF soon

There are a few HLFs to choose from; whelen and SOS are the more commonly-used ones, but the exact model depends on what type of headlights you have (SOS has a compatibility guide).

I highly recommend that you incorporate blue to your setup; I don't think that excluding it just to be different is a good idea, b/c blue is brighter than red at nighttime, so a mix of the colors is a good idea. In fact, some states started permitting a combo of red/blue to the rear of emergency vehicles over the last few years b/c red & blue each have their own benefits. I would put Blue/Clear cannons in the tail lights (reverse clear, flash blue), but if u don't use blue, then incorporate Amber/Clear cannons (reverse clear, Amber flash) b/c you already have plenty of red and Amber is a good safety color to the rear.

I would definitely prefer mounting the front LP lights sideways for intersection coverage, b/c u have no front end intersection lighting & B/c they don't do anything down there as they currently sit. As for the grill lights, if u want a more covert look, mounting them behind the grill (although more work to fab brackets) looks cleaner IMO

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
LP looks like it is to low to be effective...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.