2013 Tahoe Disaster Vehicle

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Hi guys,

I set this up for a customer who wanted to have a vehicle for disaster response. The customer provides dialysis and is the largest provider in the country. The vehicle is meant to be functional as well as a marketing tool. Here are the results

Vehicle: 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe White

Equipment:

Havis C-3010 Console with the Tahoe spec tunnel mount

Havis Veh-Spec Computer mount

Havis CARM103 flip up arm rest

Uniden BCT15

Uniden/Bearcat CB

UNK MFG Shortwave/HAM Radio

Whelen Liberty SW2AAAA w/2 additional LR11 in empty spots on end of bar

Iron Bull Bumper

Warn 12,000lb Winch

Whelen Vertex 4 Corners

Hella driving/fog lights

2 Streamlight LED LITEBOX in rear

1 Streamlight Stinger DS in back seating area

1600w inverter

PCCS9NP Switchbox

Full Graphics Package including half body wrap (all graphics/wrap done in-house)

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
holy crap i want that bumper.... how much is that beast?! lol

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Irsh42 said:
Question for the OP; if its an official EMS vehicle (I saw the star of life so eh), why is it running yellow lights in the front?

It states the customer provides dialysis in the vehicle description. I've never really thought of the need for dialysis that exists during disasters. I would hope all the dialysis patients are in a shelter or hospital.

Now back to the vehicle, that is a bad a$$ bumper. Another great install!

JM6402

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Irsh42 said:
Question for the OP; if its an official EMS vehicle (I saw the star of life so eh), why is it running yellow lights in the front?

You really are such a loser. The OP specifically states the use of the vehicle, and it is beyond an EMS capacity. I don't think this is some whacker vehicle with amber lights and striping... SMH

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
The chevrons are upside down I don't know why but that eeerks my nerves really you are gonna put that much money in to a vehicle but not do the research to make sure your chevrons are right.... RANT OVER. Sorry just needed to get that out

NYBLS

Oct 13, 2010
NY,USA
Gated Wye said:
You really are such a loser. The OP specifically states the use of the vehicle, and it is beyond an EMS capacity. I don't think this is some whacker vehicle with amber lights and striping... SMH

Calm yourself. He was asking a reputable question, there's no need for immature name calling.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Gated Wye said:

Look here jackwagon, you need to get off your high horse.

I asked why it ran yellow in the front, even though it has the star of life on it. I know he said that (paraphrase) "the agency provides dialysis and is the largest of its kind in the county". But that doesnt explain why It has the star of life on it, its been lettered with the title "disaster response vehicle" and looks like a pumped up chase/special response car however, et it only has amber on it.

Any vehicle within my district (or county) that is meant for emergency response (except pov's) has blinkiess that are meant for emergencies. Not amber.

Its called being curious.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
Gated Wye said:

Seriously? :duh: It's called being inqusitive.

Excellent install. That's one hell of a bumper on there, and this is a great tool for major disasters. Not a service that many would think about in an emergency.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Irsh42 said:
Look here jackwagon, you need to get off your high horse.

I asked why it ran yellow in the front, even though it has the star of life on it. I know he said that (paraphrase) "the agency provides dialysis and is the largest of its kind in the county". But that doesnt explain why It has the star of life on it, its been lettered with the title "disaster response vehicle" and looks like a pumped up chase/special response car however, et it only has amber on it.

Any vehicle within my district (or county) that is meant for emergency response (except pov's) has blinkiess that are meant for emergencies. Not amber.

Its called being curious.

OK...lets keep it thread related please. All fighting can be done via PM please. The vehicle is also a marketing tool. It will be equipped with a much larger generator and scene lighting. It is not registered as an emergency vehicle thus the amber. I think they did it because they can. Should there be any sort of major event they get their own patients along with the small companies patients and this is a pretty sick vehicle to work out of. The star of life applies to medical personnel as well as ambulances and fire apparatus.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
mdlighting said:
The chevrons are upside down I don't know why but that eeerks my nerves really you are gonna put that much money in to a vehicle but not do the research to make sure your chevrons are right.... RANT OVER. Sorry just needed to get that out

I agree...the graphics dept doesn't do many chevrons and the customer took delivery 10 min after we closed as they were doing a video so there was no time to troubleshoot/fix issues. There was a reverse light out and the patterns on the rear vertex were different. It will be coming back...

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
emtanderson51 said:
I agree...the graphics dept doesn't do many chevrons and the customer took delivery 10 min after we closed as they were doing a video so there was no time to troubleshoot/fix issues. There was a reverse light out and the patterns on the rear vertex were different. It will be coming back...

Amateurs!

seriously... what did theypay for such an upfit? did you sell the vehicle too?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It is a badass bumper, but unfortunately the customer CLEARLY didn't spend enough on forward illumination.

Btw, I've dealt with emtanderson for lightin orders before, but I never knew their install shop was that big. Looks like it's a lot more comfortable to work in than the places that some of the other members have to work in (that look like closets filled to the brim lol)

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Now that they moved to the newer facility their install shop is HUGE! Lots of room. I always see several vehicles there at a time. I'm still waiting for Steve to give me an official tour through the install bay. LoL

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
emtanderson51 said:
...I will certainly do that for you when you come pick up your brand spankin new pushbumper.. ;)

STEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

how much would this install cost and..... how much is that beast of a pushbumper anyways!

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
VERY nice truck, well-done install, looks like it has a lot of what it needs (but not too much).

I think people might be surprised how much there is like this in the the terms of private-sector disaster response resources. Most of the cell phone companies have trucks they can deploy to set up mobile cell towers. One of the major laundry detergent companies (I think tide) actually has a tractor trailer or two that they can deploy that is essentially a self-sustaining laundromat. Most of the major insurers also have mobile units that send out insurance adjusters and can set up office space for them. All of these are functional, but are often used outside of their functional disaster purpose as marketing tools (and to a certain extent, serve as marketing even more when they ARE being used in a disaster.)

Anyway, I think it's useful for vehicles operating within a disaster area to have some extra warning (for a variety of reasons), but unless they're a true emergency service agency, they don't really need emergency lighting. I think the amber lighting on this is the perfect amount for its purposes.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Not quite sure why Freseniusneeds this :confused: . I would at least expect a larger vehicle with the capabilities to take care of the dialysis patients.

My wife, who is an Acute Dialysis RN, calls Freseniusthe "F" word...lol by what shes heard about them.

So why wont you tell us more about the bumper???

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
"marketing"...stated 3 times...now 4... Maybe in NY they think that but in MA they rock...The vehicle is both marketing and utility in case of disaster. I would use it in a disaster...with the second inverter we are putting in it they will be able to run enough lighting to illuminate the enormous tent they have for running dialysis machines off of the giant generator truck they own.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
emtanderson51 said:
"marketing"...stated 3 times...now 4... Maybe in NY they think that but in MA they rock...The vehicle is both marketing and utility in case of disaster. I would use it in a disaster...with the second inverter we are putting in it they will be able to run enough lighting to illuminate the enormous tent they have for running dialysis machines off of the giant generator truck they own.

dammit steve.... im gonna drive to boston and doing something to get banned off elb! LOL tell us about this bumper! make/model/specs other vehicle options... PRICE!!!!

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
FEVER said:
dammit steve.... im gonna drive to boston and doing something to get banned off elb! LOL tell us about this bumper! make/model/specs other vehicle options... PRICE!!!!

The price?? A LOY NIc...lol The bumper is an Iron Bull.....everything about the equipment is in the OP??? What else do you need?? I can't disclose the price but the bumper was $2500 alone...(not installed)..

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
emtanderson51 said:
Waltham..

I was just in a hotel in Waltham last weekend!! Wish I could have seen this!!!!!

Fresnius has a dialysis site right in my FD.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
emtanderson51 said:
The price?? A LOY NIc...lol The bumper is an Iron Bull.....everything about the equipment is in the OP??? What else do you need?? I can't disclose the price but the bumper was $2500 alone...(not installed)..

Thats what I wanted to know lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.