2013 Tahoe Trio

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
Here's three Tahoes for a department we completed. They didn't need consoles, so we went with our usual remote head Whelen HHS2200 piece.

Equipment list:

Whelen IX13UFZ-BB Inner Edge

Whelen SA315P with SAK24 Bracket

Whelen D808000 Dominator in rear window

Whelen 50B03ZCR with 5TSMAB flange and 5BKT1 brackets in cargo windows

Whelen FECB10BR Fog Light Replacements

Whelen VTX609B in reverse lights

Decided to utilize a new bracket system wee found to mount the control heads to avoid blasting holes in the dash. They are quite nice, and will probably be utilizing them more often in these circumstances.

Vids:

Pics:

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Those are some sexy 'hoes. My only disappointment here is that they wasted money by overlapping vertexes & the TLF, and that they didn't spec grill lights. HLF is also a nice addition on any Chevy truck or SUV. Nice work guys.

BTW, u really gotta clean the cars before delivering them to the customer, b/c they look absolutely filthy on the outside!!!

(JK lol. Any of the guys in your shop wanna wash my car too?)

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
pdk9 said:
Those are some sexy 'hoes. My only disappointment here is that they wasted money by overlapping vertexes & the TLF, and that they didn't spec grill lights. HLF is also a nice addition on any Chevy truck or SUV. Nice work guys.

BTW, u really gotta clean the cars before delivering them to the customer, b/c they look absolutely filthy on the outside!!!

Well I agree. They originally didn't realize that all the PPV Tahoes had a built in TLF, regardless of HLF. Didn't buy vehicles from us. We let them know about the option before the build, but since the budget and design was already approved, they decided to just roll with it.

PS They brought these things to me muddy as heck, so i power blasted them quick before the build, and then did a quick detail before delivery. This was the mid-stage LOL

Thanks for the props!

-Jake

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
pdk9 said:

This the only thing about these hoes I would have changed, swap out the vertex for a set of TIR3s for the grill, I do these types of things for clients and they always like the out come. Nice work.

rescue52

May 23, 2010
New York
Very nice job!

What kind of mount is that??

Seems a bit out of reach while driving??

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
They're Bracketron Mobile Vehicle Mounts, and it is placed farther away than traditional controllers, however with no consoles and no room on the left side due to the shifter, only had limited places to put it. Fortunately, it's on a mic clip hanger, so it can be placed anywhere more within the operator's reach in the case of pre-emptive activation. I really wanted to avoid mounting the clips directly to the dash, and leave that option up to the Chief. He can have the clips relocated if he chooses LOL.

I appreciate the feedback!

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Looks very good but the Hoes are crying out for some grille lights. I run four solid colored Whelen Ions using a synchronized X-pattern using Action Flash 75.

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Nice looking trucks. I agree with the above comments about them needing a HLF and grill lights, but what they have will do. I personally don't mind the TLF along with the HAW's, I've never thought that looks bad. Thanks for sharing.

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
As always, thanks everyone for all of the positive feedback! I'll try to get more build pics as well, on my next build! I guess I'm just afraid of pic flooding the post ;)

I can’t believe you would sell out and just do what your customer requested. It seems to me like you are trying to stay in business. This has been discussed at length but all we can do is advise what is best, we wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we didn’t. Ultimately it’s up to the customer what they buy and unless it is a hazard or actually just plain stupid I will do what I am asked and paid to do. These things look great my friend. I love how clean your shop is and it complements your work ethic. Keep up the good work.

VII

Mar 28, 2013
MN
pdk9 said:

I was just going to say the same exact thing about the vertex/tlf

What we've done in the past when the customer insisted on both, is instead of flashing the reverse, we would flash the brake lights in a similar pattern as the OEM Charger Flashback.

Best of both worlds

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
Tlf built in to BCM, harder to time with vertex. Did a similar setup with aftermarket tlf and it worked well that way. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it!

RHGuyettejr

Feb 13, 2014
New Hampshire
Jake Duda said:
Here's three Tahoes for a department we completed. They didn't need consoles, so we went with our usual remote head Whelen HHS2200 piece.

Equipment list:

Whelen IX13UFZ-BB Inner Edge

Whelen SA315P with SAK24 Bracket

Whelen D808000 Dominator in rear window

Whelen 50B03ZCR with 5TSMAB flange and 5BKT1 brackets in cargo windows

Whelen FECB10BR Fog Light Replacements

Whelen VTX609B in reverse lights

Decided to utilize a new bracket system wee found to mount the control heads to avoid blasting holes in the dash. They are quite nice, and will probably be utilizing them more often in these circumstances.

Nice installation. I just picked up a 2012 Silverado. It is a WT model so there is no console, I am really leaning toward this remote setup. Whelen's HHS2200 really caught my eye because I want to keep a nice clean look inside the vehicle. I had a few questions about this setup though;

Is there enough chord to mount the module under the jump seat, and run the controller wire under the carpet and out from under the dash? 6' should do it and that is what they are spec'd at but I figure someone who installs these quite often would know.

Are those brackets something custom, or publicly available? I really do not want dash holes.

Finally is the remote able to be "locked" in some way to avoid accidently hitting switches? It wouldn't be so much of an issue if I could mount it on the dash as you did.

Thanks for any help.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
RHGuyettejr said:
Nice installation. I just picked up a 2012 Silverado. It is a WT model so there is no console, I am really leaning toward this remote setup. Whelen's HHS2200 really caught my eye because I want to keep a nice clean look inside the vehicle. I had a few questions about this setup though;

Is there enough chord to mount the module under the jump seat, and run the controller wire under the carpet and out from under the dash? 6' should do it and that is what they are spec'd at but I figure someone who installs these quite often would know.

Are those brackets something custom, or publicly available? I really do not want dash holes.

Finally is the remote able to be "locked" in some way to avoid accidently hitting switches? It wouldn't be so much of an issue if I could mount it on the dash as you did.

Thanks for any help.

The HHS2200 has a 6 ford cord, I believe it is, attached to the remote (coiled) and comes with an extension cord that I believe is 10 or 12 ft of straight cord.

Bracketron is Smart. Mobile. Solutions. | Bracketron... proclip is a competitor I believe and sells similar no drill mounts: Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

And as far as I know there is no key lock.... you can always put the HHS2200 on a toggle switch so it wont be on (when you have passengers to mess with it) until the switch is flipped... easy solution...

and to the OP: nice tahoes! I actually thought about using one of those type mounts too...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.