2013 Taurus CMHSL Mod/Fusion install

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
I found a great deal on a pair or 40 degree dual color Fusions and had been contemplating a good location. Looking at the 3rd brake light I noticed they seemed about the right size to fit inside the housing. Referenced housing is surprisingly easy to remove requiring only a light tug on the bottom edge opposite the headliner. After additional research and testing I ended up gutting the complete existing light strip and lense, and the 2 fusions fit like they were meant to be there. Mode one flashes in sync R/B resulting in a large bright block of light, with mode 2 as override on braking to the "brake pop" pattern with a double or triple flash before steady burn. I am very happy with the result as it looks like the factory set up and the operation is very slick. Rather than run power to the trunk, I tapped into a constant 12v off of the Sony amp, and switching is accomplished using a nifty Bluetooth device bought off of eBay. I am a commissioned LE officer and use the car for off duty traffic assignments in compliance with departmental policy. IMO, anyone with one of these cars should consider this easy and effective modification. Pic attached, and I'll upload a video shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1466.JPG
    IMG_1466.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: StEaLtH2

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
I thought they were synchronized, the eye can hardly tell but the video makes it obvious. Next up installing a STT flasher in the amber turns. I always put a full size code 3 2100 TR on the roof for assignments, this just augments.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice job. I've seen this once before with a pair of red/blue mpower fascias (doubled as a brake light) and I thought it was a great idea for super low-pro warning without adding any obstructions in the RVM. I think it'd be cool if an installer here got tri-colored lights and used them for warning, brake, and reverse

Reactions: Doug

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.