2013 Utility Chicago Fire Paramedic Field Chief Responding

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
Not a fan of the split heads up front. Could have been done much better. The sides and back are SICK! That massive sound from the Q in the first video is pretty exciting. Love the two tone paint job and the white stripe. Lightbar? Perfect!

RES347CUE

Nov 7, 2010
NASSAU COUNTY N.Y.
Something about a q2b on a small vehicle

Don't get me wrong I love the sound but I am waiting to see a tandem wheel heavy rescue not a ford explorer

Just saying

irsa76

May 24, 2010
Australia, NSW
RES347CUE said:
Something about a q2b on a small vehicle
Don't get me wrong I love the sound but I am waiting to see a tandem wheel heavy rescue not a ford explorer

Just saying

True, but you hear it and you know you have to move your arse out of the way. So I think it's a great idea. Would be better teamed with a power call though.

At least they don't have a set of grovers, or worse still use the electronic airhorn!

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
irsa76 said:
True, but you hear it and you know you have to move your arse out of the way. So I think it's a great idea. Would be better teamed with a power call though.
At least they don't have a set of grovers, or worse still use the electronic airhorn!

I stayed in Chicago a few months back...boy do you hear those annoying sirens! All night long...on the 34th floor...they are very effective.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I think a Whelen Liberty would be a lot more effective then the current bar. I like the idea of the Federal bar but dont think it has the punch it should.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Touch up the flash patterns and get rid of that damn siren and it's beautiful. :thumbsup:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think flashing the smaller lightheads in pairs would be more efficient, but I can't complain on the package overall b/c it's not bad & all areas are covered.

One thing with CFD is that I wish they would drop the green tradition! I don't think it should be used as a warning light; personally, I vet for limiting it to command beacons only, but at least the lightbar isn't mounted somewhere behind the B-post like they used to do on expeditions lol

nblaser

Nov 22, 2011
Colorado
pdk9 said:
I think flashing the smaller lightheads in pairs would be more efficient, but I can't complain on the package overall b/c it's not bad & all areas are covered.

One thing with CFD is that I wish they would drop the green tradition! I don't think it should be used as a warning light; personally, I vet for limiting it to command beacons only, but at least the lightbar isn't mounted somewhere behind the B-post like they used to do on expeditions lol

Does anyone use the green beacon for command anymore? I just yanked three off of engines last week. :duh:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
We are nothing if without tradition. I love the green on CFD (and other Illinois FD) units. The majority of the lights are EV colors, and I have never failed to notice a CFD apparatus approaching. The green light does not detract from the warning power of the EV lighting. Whenever I go to Chi to visit family and eat White Castle I am on the look out for CFD units. And because I always have to eat at Gino's, I spend at least a couple of hours each visit in downtown where I hear the sirens all the time. The pitch is perfect for traveling around the buildings and grabbing attention.

I suppose you CF green haters find the CPD use of beat tags as silly as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.