2013 Utility Interceptor Install Setup

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Hey guys, just wanted some comments on my new setup and plan.

Current Plan is as follows.

Setina Push bar with two forward facing feniex apollos red/white
Side of bar will have two T3's mounted horizontally red
Push bar will have two off road lights flashing with wig wag and high beam override as well as off for night mode
speaker will be mounted in the middle
Whelen lightbar on top red with white TD's flashing
mirror lights with two T6's one for each side.
Side hideaways in the headlight (standard OEM hole)
side rear window t3 red on each side
Rear two mounted deck lights red blue
Reverse and brake light will have hideaways inside as well.

ai.imgur.com_HGI0gHg.jpg
ai.imgur.com_RH7G4mm.jpg
ai.imgur.com_CSBxzq7.jpg

Current flash pattern for apollos:

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
Personally, I'd have the T3 mounted on the front with the Apollos mounted on the side. I'd rather have the off axis on the sides of the PBs and have them go steady white with the lightbar alley lights. The front already has the white off road lights, and the TIR optic should punch out better with the off road lights on Wig-Wag.

Reactions: Krsdog25 and pdk9

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Personally, I'd have the T3 mounted on the front with the Apollos mounted on the side. I'd rather have the off axis on the sides of the PBs and have them go steady white with the lightbar alley lights. The front already has the white off road lights, and the TIR optic should punch out better with the off road lights on Wig-Wag.

I would love to do that but the precut hole is way to big to fit the t3's nicely

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
I would love to do that but the precut hole is way to big to fit the t3's nicely

Some rubber weather stripping or rectangular grommet placed around the pre-cut hole edge of center bar will help close it up if it's to big and give it a clean finished look around the T3 lightheads. Also use some nylon spacers behind the T3s to bring them up front more so they don't fit so far into the cross bar.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Some rubber weather stripping or rectangular grommet placed around the pre-cut hole edge of center bar will help close it up if it's to big and give it a clean finished look around the T3 lightheads. Also use some nylon spacers behind the T3s to bring them up front more so they don't fit so far into the cross bar.

I'll have to see when everything is put together. As of right now I have the Apollos very nicely fitting there. Drilled a hole through and put a nut and bolt all the way through to the back of the bar. I'm mounting the off road lights today and the side t3's and will see how it comes out. If its no good then I'll try my best to switch it up

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
I'd switch the t6's on the mirrors for apollos it'd help give you a larger footprint with the off axis by giving you more "mid-vehicle" warning

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I agree with Tack about using the apollos on the sides of the PB (in that slow alternating RC pattern that You showed) b/c the linear optic is ideal for intersection & half of the Apollo functionality is basically wasted b/c it'll be drowned out by the off road lights.
I would hold off on doing anything with the mirrors now b/c I'm pretty sure that Feniex is already working on an Apollo mirrorbeam (& it'll def look a lot cleaner and save u hassle). Also, I'd avoid the TIR optics there and the side of the PB b/c they're really not the best optic for intersection warning.

I know u wanna use what U already have but I'd honestly just drop the money and get the linz6's that this particular PB was designed for b/c I think anything else will look tacky plus linz6 aren't hard to find here at a decent price.

As for the rear, i think u should go with 1 blue/blue and 1 red/red rear window light (as opposed to 2 RB) b/c you'll have a nicer punch if u sync both units to wigwag BB-->RR-->BB-->RR on opposite sides of the window. I'm not really impressed with LAWs in the rear housings of the NGPI Utility, and think that going with apollos on the rear LP (trade/sell LAWs if u already have them) would be better on a limited budget install

Reactions: Krsdog25

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
I agree with Tack about using the apollos on the sides of the PB (in that slow alternating RC pattern that You showed) b/c the linear optic is ideal for intersection & half of the Apollo functionality is basically wasted b/c it'll be drowned out by the off road lights.
I would hold off on doing anything with the mirrors now b/c I'm pretty sure that Feniex is already working on an Apollo mirrorbeam (& it'll def look a lot cleaner and save u hassle). Also, I'd avoid the TIR optics there and the side of the PB b/c they're really not the best optic for intersection warning.

I know u wanna use what U already have but I'd honestly just drop the money and get the linz6's that this particular PB was designed for b/c I think anything else will look tacky plus linz6 aren't hard to find here at a decent price.

As for the rear, i think u should go with 1 blue/blue and 1 red/red rear window light (as opposed to 2 RB) b/c you'll have a nicer punch if u sync both units to wigwag BB-->RR-->BB-->RR on opposite sides of the window. I'm not really impressed with LAWs in the rear housings of the NGPI Utility, and think that going with apollos on the rear LP (trade/sell LAWs if u already have them) would be better on a limited budget install

This vehicle already had rear LAW's in them so I have to figure out what color they are and how they look.

I'm going to wire up the push bar fully and then see if swaps need to be made. Its a nice sized project for one person to do so I have to find time here and there to do things. Hopefully will tackle jobs that require the bumper off all at one time and then work my way from there.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I agree with everyone else. The Apollos should be on the sides of the PB and the T3s facing forward.

If you really want mirror lights, I would suggest spending the money on Whelen Mirrorbeams or SOS intersectors. Putting T6s there will look tacky and because of the angle of the mirror housing will be pointing up in the air.

Also, I would skip the rear deck lights. Lights in that location on the interceptor utilities look terrible with an external lightbar. It just looks like one big blob. I would skip those and go with a solid red and solid blue T6 on a license place bracket.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Update on the push bar. See how it looks and comment. I'm considering the swap of the t3's but think that possibly the f6's might work. Since it would do double duty as being night mode and day mode.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That looks solid! I'd suggest doing the alternating red/white while responding (with steady white override) only and then killing the white and off road lights in favor of the alternating red lights while parked.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
That looks solid! I'd suggest doing the alternating red/white while responding (with steady white override) only and then killing the white and off road lights in favor of the alternating red lights while parked.

I plan on having slide switch one activate red wig wag. Slide two be red white alternating. Slide three be red white alternating and wig wag. I will likely add a park kill for all the white, or just switch it to slide one once on scene

Reactions: lotsofbars

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Update videos:

Mode 1 On scene

Mode 2 Night Response

Mode 3 Day Response

Rear Hatch warning

I also added in some interior white lights for the trunk when it is open as you can see its nice and bright

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love it. The only thing I'd change on the parked mode is having the rear side window and the side PB lights on b/c they outline your vehicle (front and back). For the response mode, I hope you can eventually switch to all red Setina lights (I think they'll get drowned out less by your headlights and front scene lights) and be able to sync your rear RB lights

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.