2014 Dodge Charger Ideas

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Ok so I just bought a 2014 Dodge Charger and I am wanting to add some lights to it. I was thinking about putting in the Whelen PAR36s in the fog light area and Whelen M4s in the grille. These would be flashing the X pattern. I don't think I will be adding a light in the windshield. I may also be putting some HAWs in the headlights and tail lights. I will be running everything off a Whelen HHS and just one radio. Can someone shoot me some ideas as to how to tackle this project? ie. how to take the grill off, how hard it is to add HAWs in the headlights or tail lights. Any suggestions or pictures would be great.

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_Mobile_20Up8160dea0684b4682f6493fd085a604f6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: StEaLtH2

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Ok so I just bought a 2014 Dodge Charger and I am wanting to add some lights to it. I was thinking about putting in the Whelen PAR36s in the fog light area and Whelen M4s in the grille. These would be flashing the X pattern. I don't think I will be adding a light in the windshield. I may also be putting some HAWs in the headlights and tail lights. I will be running everything off a Whelen HHS and just one radio. Can someone shoot me some ideas as to how to tackle this project? ie. how to take the grill off, how hard it is to add HAWs in the headlights or tail lights. Any suggestions or pictures would be great.
I would prefer to see a HLF up front

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I'm pretty sure that an M4 will fit the fog area on these.. I know I've seen that somewhere on the site, I don't believe the pars fit these as the area is rectangular...

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
If you are replacing the factory fog lights, yes, the PAR36s dual fog/warning light is the way to go.  If you don't have factory fog lights or the bezels, then just mounting M4s there will be the cheapest and best route.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I agree with Tackleberry here, I could've sworn the op posted a pic of a black charger without fogs in his explorer thread....

Just to clarify my post

😎

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
I agree with Tackleberry here, I could've sworn the op posted a pic of a black charger without fogs in his explorer thread....

Just to clarify my post
You are correct. First post updated to reflect the options.

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
If you are replacing the factory fog lights, yes, the PAR36s dual fog/warning light is the way to go.  If you don't have factory fog lights or the bezels, then just mounting M4s there will be the cheapest and best route.
I don't have the fog lights but I was planning on buying these and replacing the lights with PAR36s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2011-2015-Dodge-Charger-Front-Bumper-Projector-Fog-Light-Lamp-Kit-Left-Right-/351230479777?fits=Year%3A2014|Model%3ACharger&hash=item51c6f7cda1&vxp=mtr

Marc M

May 21, 2010
Georgia
I will suggest clear strobes in the fog light are. Several of the Chargers here are set up with the am and it looks really good.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Going the Par route would be the way to go as it leaves the option of fog/driving lights where the M series cannot... 

Consider a T-3 Cobra in the bullseye for intersection approach, they are nasty bright...

Good luck with the new ride....

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I wasn't aware the TIR ones could still be obtained from whelen, on another note, dual function capability is much easier with a dual mode lighthead... Are you thinking just white tirs?

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I am going to go with the TIR6 type PAR36s as I like the look of them better. 
The TIR ones won't fit, the Charger fogs are 3.5" and the TIRs are 4".

Personally I would go with the linear Whelen fogs then some double stack Feniex T6s in the grill synced in an x-pattern with a flasher. I wouldn't bother with the HAWs in the head lights because the output sucks mounted like that. Put a HLF on there and call it a day. 

I know you said you don't want to put anything in the windshield but I feel that you can't have an effective warning package with just lower level warning. If you don't want anything obtrusive in the windshield two Whelen Spitfire Ions on the headliner next to the rearview mirror would be effective and practically unnoticeable from inside the car. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.