2014 Dodge Charger Strobe Bulbs

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Any body here done or seen strobe bulbs in the head lights of a 2014 Charger?

I've done LED HAW in the top of the head light (Hi Beam side). Worked very well.

Customer wanted strobe lights there. I'm looking and I don't really see the distance I'll need so it doesn't melt the bucket or the lens.

Any comments?

-Kevin-

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Any body here done or seen strobe bulbs in the head lights of a 2014 Charger?

I've done LED HAW in the top of the head light (Hi Beam side). Worked very well.

Customer wanted strobe lights there. I'm looking and I don't really see the distance I'll need so it doesn't melt the bucket or the lens.

Any comments?

-Kevin-

Kevin, I've never successfully seen HAW strobes in the new chargers...any HAW I've seen there did not catch the reflector (& if it was positioned properly in the reflector, it probably melted soon afterwards ).  I would recommend the Feniex cannon as the brightest LAW  and try to sell the customer on the benefits of LED  (Amp draw, lifetime, etc)

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Thanks PDK. I decided yesterday that I was not going to install the strobe HAW in the head lights. It has a headlight flasher anyway that would drown it out.

Thought about the reverse light but it was the same problem. Not enough room for strobe.

I did the sho-me flasher to flash the tail bar instead.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thanks PDK. I decided yesterday that I was not going to install the strobe HAW in the head lights. It has a headlight flasher anyway that would drown it out.

Thought about the reverse light but it was the same problem. Not enough room for strobe.

I did the sho-me flasher to flash the tail bar instead.

Sounds good.  With chargers, Ive always recommended just a HLF up front (because there really isn't a good space in any of them for a LAW to work well without being drowned out by the headlights) and a simple brake light wigwag TLF (which i think works well, unlike some of those full brake light seizure patterns).  Because LAWs are popular, people often do also put them in charger reverse light, but I'm not a fan of it b/c the housing is relatively small.

What else is planned (or already installed) on the charger?

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Has a Whelen Justice already. I added some SOS dash lights, 4 SOS LED 3's in the grille, 4 head LED bar in the rear deck. Just finished installing 2 Nova strobe heads in the rear deck as well.

All blue lights. Wish I had gotten a video. He's a friend of mine and I'm his go-to guy for this stuff so I'm sure I'll see it again for a video.

I'll try to post a video of a 2014 Charger I built at work. It was loaded with lights.

emtpals

Apr 8, 2013
IL/WI
The 2011-2014 Charger has plenty of room in the reverse lights for LAW's. They are as effective as a reverse light flasher if not slightly more so, and they make a decent warning light for off access to the rear of the vehicle if mounting them on the inside (center) of the reverse lights. Many times, I have just had the LAW's in my reverse lights going while on scene, and it is effective enough to slow them down without having to keep my rear light bar on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.