2014 Ford Fusion Slick top

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Great set up so far!

I like the ideas for the proposed additions, but for the intersection lights I would go with sound off nForce (linear) instead of ions or LAW's. I've also never been a fan of that HLF pattern (I prefer a single flash alternating)

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks good so far. I would just change the pattern on the Inner edge to a half and half type pattern. I find hem mch more effect than the random it's set to now. Also, I agree with pdk on the HLF. I prefer a simple wig wag pattern; I'm not a big fan of the one it's currently set to. 

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Yall are aloud to have preemption devices?? I wish we were aloud to run those...I only have one major intersection I have to cross, but having the opticom give me the green light would be so much safer and faster...I have to just shut down until I get the green. 

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Looks good to me.. I personally wouldn't change a thing.

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Does the opticom have park-kill? If not, I'd vote for that. I prefer some amber to the rear, but other than that great looking set up. Love those Fusions. 

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am in the same county.  I know we are not allowed to have them on out personal vehicles.  I wanted to buy a used power supply for a local place but I needed a letter from the town I am in giving me permission.  It might be different in his city.  I never looked up the state laws.

pballr6474

May 24, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks for the input guys!  The opticom and HLF is on slide 3 of my 3 position slide, once on scene I turn to 2 and only have red on. 

As far as having an opticom, the department I work for, our officers have been approved by the chief to run with opticom, and members can be approved by the chief on a case by case basis.

Eric1249, I work for a few fire departments in the county... you got my part time one....

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Very nicely done setup. I like that you had the forethought to put the white on pos 3 so you can disable it on scene.  :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.