2014 Silverado Crew Cab Headliner/Sunvisor Mounts

gallagher073

Jan 21, 2011
Western Connecticut
Anyone remove the small(er) Sun-Visor clips on the 2014 Chevy/GMC Headliners?

When you remove the center bezel it exposes in inner headliner and the pictures reflect the configuration.

As pictured, there is a small metal flange with tabs sandwiching the mount between the inside and the outside of the headliner.

I have removed the single screw which is what secures the mount into the roof structure but this small metal flange is securely holding the plastic mount in place.

Any ideas?

IMG_20140610_183435600.jpg

IMG_20140610_182753670.jpg

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
You'll have to pry this metal tabs to remove the clip...  but remember to bend them back so the clip will be secure when you re-install it...  

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
I was able to just pull them off, but it sucks trying to get them back on. How did you take down the center bezel? Does it just pull off? 

What are you putting in? If you don't mind me asking, is it by chance an Apollo? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

gallagher073

Jan 21, 2011
Western Connecticut
It is the Tahoe version and the bar does not fit at all. I reached out to Feniex and they are going to get back to me.

They are actively working on brackets for the 2014 GMC/Chevy Pick-Up Trucks.

Brendan11

Nov 5, 2013
Illinois near St. Louis
Yeah, same here. I talked to a guy on here that put one in a 14 Silverado and what he did is cut the outside of the bar off and made spacers for the inside mount and it worked fine. 

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Im trying to mount a universal mount apollo visor light in a 2015. Im having fun with it, the visor its self fits decent but the universal mounts are a different story. Hey also has anyone installed a rear stick in one of these trucks ive got a cobra 800 im trying to figure out how to mount too.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Cobra 800 is too big... We did 600s to keep from having to drop it down from obstructing any of the modules... 

It was a pain in the ass... completely self fabricated the brackets to come back around the light and then up into the headliner.

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Cobra 800 is too big... We did 600s to keep from having to drop it down from obstructing any of the modules...

It was a pain in the ass... completely self fabricated the brackets to come back around the light and then up into the headliner.
Would you happen to have any pictures of the way you mounted it?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Would you happen to have any pictures of the way you mounted it?
Unfortunately not.

I've got more but as you can see they got caps on them so we won't be cab mounting them. (Thankfully)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404440939.535149.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
An Apollo is a piece of cake with suction cups. I've never had one come loose down here in Florida. About the only suction cups I trust.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.