2014 Toyota Tundra

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Howdy yall!!

I just purchased a 2014 Toyota Tundra TSS black in color, it will be replacing my current 2004 Tundra (need to do a post on it). The vehicle will be used for emergency response for: Fire, EMS, Hazmat and Fire/Arson Investigation.

I will be doing the install myself, the plan is to stay low profile (slick top) using equipment I already have with the exception of a console. Will be mostly Whelen and Feniex with a little Federal Signal as well. Stay tuned.

55A72162-8165-4044-992F-0EDA85EB5142.jpeg921E1A61-EF15-4C6F-AA41-4228C1D90F15.jpeg1BA21346-1973-4B44-9EE4-F2247A385F52.jpeg0BA5602D-3EA1-455F-9B20-005110541405.jpeg94FEC449-6494-45C2-8302-91E78899FB32.jpegDEB7AA9A-645D-41B9-A1F9-C7B14805D7AC.jpeg

Everything will be controlled using a Whelen Cencom Gold, I will also have a Whelen 295HFQ1 run off its own speaker.

I have multiple other lights that are available to be used: multiple Whelen IONs and 2 SOS Ghost, LINZ6s.

Last edited:

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Nice bumper. Looks like the same ranch hand I had on my Silverado.

Yor install plan looks good. Some pointers....

Front...very good coverage high medium low. Just keep the flash patterns simple and try to flash one color at a time. I would do 2 white ions instead of the rwb 3 pack.
Sides...The rocker could be a bit more. Maybe add a couple more there and something in the rear window up high?
Rear...nice full width coverage. Move the bed rail bar to the top of the rear window, it will be seen at longer distance. Take off the LP lights and use them on the sides.

Reactions: #1texan

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Nice bumper. Looks like the same ranch hand I had on my Silverado.

Yor install plan looks good. Some pointers....

Front...very good coverage high medium low. Just keep the flash patterns simple and try to flash one color at a time. I would do 2 white ions instead of the rwb 3 pack.
Sides...The rocker could be a bit more. Maybe add a couple more there and something in the rear window up high?
Rear...nice full width coverage. Move the bed rail bar to the top of the rear window, it will be seen at longer distance. Take off the LP lights and use them on the sides.

Thanks for the input, I am definitely a simple flash pattern guy (signal alert 75) less is more.

I only have 1 white ION, I do have 2 red/white split LINZ6’s just not sure where they would go on the front. It will also have a LED work/scene light on the front bumpe.

I haven’t seen an good way of mounting the Latitude in the back window, would probably just get a headache rack if go with mounting it higher.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good, but I think the rear LP lights and front-facing bumper lights are unnecessary and will look tacky.... the LP lights are not needed b/c you have the tail gator & the front-facing bumper lights aren’t needed b/c you already have upper & lower grill warning

I’d have a pair (instead of 1 per side) of lightheads on the running board area.
For the duo color 180 intersection fusion, I’d try to trade/replace them with duo T Ions or duo mpower fascias b/c the fusions look a little bulky when mounted on the sides, unless you have the time & tools to recess mount them into the sides of your PB

A headache rack would be ideal for getting upper rear warning b/c the latitude optics aren’t ideal for punching through the rear tint. However, if you keep the latitude down below (as pictured) I’d consider replacing the 3rd brake lights with a pair of cannons (clear steadyburn reverse and flashing red or blue in warning mode)

Assuming the spare ghosts that you have are multipurpose mount & warning colors, you can use them under the side mirrors for forward-facing warning

Last edited:

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
So I went and started to mount the tailgator and found it it won’t work on this truck. Will only fit in one area and when mounted there it covers the access opening to drop the spare tire. All that being said, have to figure out something different for the rear.

this is the current version:1C1F2E9D-14D2-4130-8112-930A2E9D32C6.jpeg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
So I went and started to mount the tailgator and found it it won’t work on this truck. Will only fit in one area and when mounted there it covers the access opening to drop the spare tire. All that being said, have to figure out something different for the rear.

this is the current version:View attachment 221682

Get a pair of whelen striplite plus (basically like a long T Ion) or SOS mpower fascias to put on each side of the spare tire access opening. They’ll be hidden under the tailgate & I think they’re better (brighter & less conspicuous) than the fusions on the LP

zakovermyer

Jan 29, 2013
Illinois
Looks good, but I think the rear LP lights and front-facing bumper lights are unnecessary and will look tacky.... the LP lights are not needed b/c you have the tail gator & the front-facing bumper lights aren’t needed b/c you already have upper & lower grill warning

I’d have a pair (instead of 1 per side) of lightheads on the running board area.
For the duo color 180 intersection fusion, I’d try to trade/replace them with duo T Ions or duo mpower fascias b/c the fusions look a little bulky when mounted on the sides, unless you have the time & tools to recess mount them into the sides of your PB

A headache rack would be ideal for getting upper rear warning b/c the latitude optics aren’t ideal for punching through the rear tint. However, if you keep the latitude down below (as pictured) I’d consider replacing the 3rd brake lights with a pair of cannons (clear steadyburn reverse and flashing red or blue in warning mode)

Assuming the spare ghosts that you have are multipurpose mount & warning colors, you can use them under the side mirrors for forward-facing warning

Alternatively, you could leave the Latitude on the bumper, and move the grille Ions to the upper rear window... X pattern them with the amber Ions and that would look really good. The 180s on the front bumper will work well for the intersections.

The striplight Plus would be a good idea as well which would allow sync with the Ions too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.