2014 Utility Garden Ridge Police- SWPS.com

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Solid light heads are needed! If not, a simple sync of the split light heads would create a large warning footprint avoiding the pink/purple effect....

Last edited by a moderator:

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Definitely needs solid color heads, at least they seem slow enough but only a video at night will tell.

emta20

Feb 12, 2012
North Texas
Solid light heads are needed! If not, a simple sync of the split light heads would create a large warning footprint avoiding the pink/purple effect....
Because of they way the light bar is programmed it will always have a purple effect. I had the same issue with my Tomar light bar, granted, the light bar was bright as all get out. 

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Stealth graphics on an otherwise fully marked vehicle... :bonk:
People fail to notice fully marked vehicles all the time. I see no issue here.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
There is literally no application where a split color/flashed light is more effective than a solid color unit. This would be a great install if all the lights were solid color. Sync the front in a big x pattern and put the rear ions on a LP bracket and sync with the vertex.

Reactions: cbpdogboy

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
This is Texas and we "mostly" use "split" on everything. I'm a big fan of splits! Splits are very effective for side/intersection warning as you get maximum visibility with both colors showing.  :popo:

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
This is Texas and we "mostly" use "split" on everything. I'm a big fan of splits! Splits are very effective for side/intersection warning as you get maximum visibility with both colors showing.  :popo:
If you do this, you get half the intensity because only half the light is on. If you want both colors, use two lights, or a bigger single light if you must split it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.