2014 Xterra POV Updated 10/6

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
2014 Nissan Xterra. This install is a work in progress and will be updated at it continues. In the end this will be a Whelen and Feniex install. This is a dual purpose vehicle, primarily for a daily driver and pov. This vehicle is also the second demo vehicle to our fleet.

Front:
Whelen Vertex- white in headlights
Feniex T3- Red in grille
AWL l18- Red on headliner
42in LED Flood light AuxBeam

Rear :
Whelen Vertex- Red in Indicator
Whelen Vertex- White in reverse housing. Functions as reverse light as well.
Vertex controlled by ULF 44

Switching:
Whelen CenCom Sapphire
Whelen ULF44

Future plans include:
Upgrading all vertex to cannons.
Cannons in fog light housing
AWL L18 replaced by 2 Feniex cobra 2x/(synced with grill and fogs)
Feniex T3 on side of licence plate for intersection.
Feniex cobra 200 rear side window.
8 Feniex T3 on rear of roof rack.

All lights will be controlled by Whelen ULF44s and will have a responding and parked mode.

Last edited:

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
I would be careful because the newer cannons do not work properly with all flash patterns when connected to a Whelen ulf44 flasher. There is a slight delay in the cannon power up time when power is sent from the ulf44 outputs.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I would be careful because the newer cannons do not work properly with all flash patterns when connected to a Whelen ulf44 flasher. There is a slight delay in the cannon power up time when power is sent from the ulf44 outputs.
That's the only thing keeping me from cannons. Not sure might keep the vertex but if cannons work will use the mode feature instead of an external flasher

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
That's the only thing keeping me from cannons. Not sure might keep the vertex but if cannons work will use the mode feature instead of an external flasher
If you are not stuck on having a certain Whelen flash pattern that would work and the new cannons have three modes also.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
If you are not stuck on having a certain Whelen flash pattern that would work and the new cannons have three modes also.
Not stuck on a pattern at all. I was under the impression That the new cannons did not work with external flashers and that only the 2mode ones were compatible. Either way cannons are an idea. They're just hideaways so they're secondary lighting and the vertex do their job very well.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Little Update:
•Added 6 T6 in red to the Roof Rack.
•Added 2 Vertex in Red to taillights
•Alley and rear Floods also added
•All lights (except L18) now controlled by a Whelen Liberty WeCan I/O Board

More updates coming soon including more Intersection warning.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
What's the reasoning behind the front amber?
I got it for free from 911 signal for participating in their survey. However I installed it really for the hell of it. Figured if I ever need to us any of the lights for none emergency things it's more of a ID light then anything else.

Reactions: NEB

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
How did you mount the light on the roof rack?
Which ones? The T6 are screwed on. The alleys and rear floods I welded the mounting tabs on. And the front bar is attached to "devil horn" mounts. Between the rails is a drop in roof basket called a DepHep Rack that all the side and rear lights are mounted to.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
2014 Nissan Xterra. This install is a work in progress and will be updated at it continues. In the end this will be a Whelen and Feniex install. This is a dual purpose vehicle, primarily for a daily driver and pov. This vehicle is also the second demo vehicle to our fleet.

Front:
Whelen Vertex- white in headlights
Feniex T3- Red in grille
AWL l18- Red on headliner
42in LED Flood light AuxBeam

Rear :
Whelen Vertex- Red in Indicator
Whelen Vertex- White in reverse housing. Functions as reverse light as well.
Vertex controlled by ULF 44

Switching:
Whelen CenCom Sapphire
Whelen ULF44

Future plans include:
Upgrading all vertex to cannons.
Cannons in fog light housing
AWL L18 replaced by 2 Feniex cobra 2x/(synced with grill and fogs)
Feniex T3 on side of licence plate for intersection.
Feniex cobra 200 rear side window.
8 Feniex T3 on rear of roof rack

I like the idea of upgrading all vertex to cannons (so much brighter). I'd like to see fusion 180s instead of T3s, though, for your future additions

Reactions: FusionWolf

noxin

Jun 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Which ones? The T6 are screwed on. The alleys and rear floods I welded the mounting tabs on. And the front bar is attached to "devil horn" mounts. Between the rails is a drop in roof basket called a DepHep Rack that all the side and rear lights are mounted to.

I was referring to the T6. I've seen the DepHep rack, but I gotz a sunroof that I'm getting used to opening

Bizkitjmd1

May 21, 2010
CT in good old US of A
With the vertex lights did you just cut out the inline flasher and connect to the external flasher?

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
So new update and wow has this thing changed.

So updates include:

ARB bumper with:
White and red vertexs
Whelen ions
Whelen 500 duos
Code 3 par 36
Whelen par46 2°

Custom built interior lightbar 6 cobra t6 dummies on a sound off tahoe frame.
Vertexs in the mirrors
500s on the side window
Whelen 400s on a custom built housing
Feniex t3s on a door switch

Big update since it hasnt been done in a while.
Coming up soon will be installing a CanTrol unit. 2 Lin3s on the running board area and 2 white t6s in the center of the ILB.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.