2015 Chevy 2500HD Install

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
Figured I’d start a thread on my 2015 Chevy 2500HD. The will be an all amber install. I’ll be controlling everything through a Feniex 4200 Mini.
FRONT:
Lower Level - Whelen 700 Series Beside Trans Cooler Intake
Grille - SNM Photons In Upper Grille
Headlights - Whelen Vertex x4 in turn signals
Dash - Undecided at the moment - Feniex Fusion 2X?
Roof - Whelen 54” Liberty

SIDES: Feniex Fusion 200s mounted on bed rails tight to cab

REAR:
Lower Level : Feniex Apollo’s On Bumper
Mid Level - Whelen LINZ6 Mounted Above Taillights
Rear Window - Federal Signal Viper 2X On Each Side Lower Glass - Upper Glass: Feniex Geo 600 Stick
Roof - Whelen Liberty 54”
59D23152-55D6-4FEF-9AD2-B5B8BD04BAB8.jpeg066F3C35-9095-4087-8432-4D9F19D04AA3.jpeg

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Those front bumper areas are part of your vehicle safety system, (vehicle collision avoidance system) you can't cover those up, at least you can't on the 2018, but you can use this for that center portion.. I just got one that I'm going to mount some lights to or have an upfitter install on.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
It's a good thing you've got all that auxiliary lighting, the Liberty is known for being dim, ineffective, with a crap footprint. You know, being the second brightest lightbar ever made and all.

I think your plan looks ridiculous and whacker to the max. Ditch all the rear window lights, and the lights above the tail lights. Hell, ditch the rear bumper lights in exchange for a proper TLF instead.

Kill everything up from except for the bumper lights.

Or, drop the Liberty and keep the rest.

Reactions: MoveOver

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Nahh not whacker, he looks like all the he road service vehicles that started popping up here in south florida.... Way too much overkill on them down here but at least day and night I can see them.

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
Wow, some very educated people here. Yes the liberty is a very bright lightbar but only at certain distances and axis'. Sitting up high in the proper mounting location on my truck it becomes non effective when vehicles get close to the truck making the other lighting necessary. Also a TLF is a poor choice for a truck to have as secondary warning. Now this truck is going to be used for a wide variety of things but mostly traffic control and DOT support for a local small town.

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
Those front bumper areas are part of your vehicle safety system, (vehicle collision avoidance system) you can't cover those up, at least you can't on the 2018, but you can use this for that center portion.. I just got one that I'm going to mount some lights to or have an upfitter install on.

Thank you for the pointer on this. On this year I don't think GM used those spots for sensors. But I will confirm it before mounting the 700's there. Thank you for the link to the bracket too, have been trying to find that exact one for a while.

Reactions: RyanZ71

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
The front looks pretty good. On a personal opinion I do agree that the vipers and lights above the taillights are a bit redundant. If you're not reusing equipment id allocate those funds for some side warning, something along your running boards to make youre your visible 360 along with your 200 stick. The geo i can see the use for with TA and rear warning as people get close because the lightbar will be blocked on such a tall vehicle. A good sync on the front and good slow patterns on the geo and Apollos and I think you'll have a very good setup

Reactions: Bobcat753

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
The front looks pretty good. On a personal opinion I do agree that the vipers and lights above the taillights are a bit redundant. If you're not reusing equipment id allocate those funds for some side warning, something along your running boards to make youre your visible 360 along with your 200 stick. The geo i can see the use for with TA and rear warning as people get close because the lightbar will be blocked on such a tall vehicle. A good sync on the front and good slow patterns on the geo and Apollos and I think you'll have a very good setup
Definitely going with slower patterns for the lighting. All of the lights I already have. I may get some Feniex T3’s for on my running boards to add some lower level side warning.

Reactions: FusionWolf
Have you thought about using a mini-bar instead of a full bar? Something like a mini-Justice would probably compliment the setup, more so than having a full bar stretched across the roof.

A lot of maintenance vehicles over here have started to use more and more mini-bars and I have to say they're actually pretty effective and look great without compromising light output too much.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I see many minibars like the century from whelen that pack pretty powerful output but it depends on what your looking to have feature wise a full bar offers traffic advisor along with takedowns and allys

Dispite how whacker people think amber setups are in most roadside applications amber tends to often not garner the attention that red and blue do so us in the roadside and towing and recovery tend to need to be made more visible with more lighting to get the same attention as red and blues do I know in my area people never notice amber lights the same as red and blue or red and white so we tend to need to be more lit to be seen but keep in mind what you need and your applicable laws in your area

Reactions: Bobcat753

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
I have considered a mini bar, either a custom mini Liberty or mini freedom. The only issue is I don’t want mounting holes in the roof. The other option is magnets but I don’t like that idea either.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I have considered a mini bar, either a custom mini Liberty or mini freedom. The only issue is I don’t want mounting holes in the roof. The other option is magnets but I don’t like that idea either.

There are no drill mounts available that mount ware the 3rd break light goes available for your truck so you dont need to drill nothing for a minibar to be mounted another option is a headache rack mount if you have a headache rack (i use them alot lol)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.