2015 Chevy Tahoe police package equipment.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I did some research myself last week after test driving a PPV Demo and came up empty for now. However, the seat height to tranny tunnel seemed fairly tall so it seems most of the current sloped and horizontal consoles from everyone will work, I didn't measure or take pactures but it looked like the there might be room below the center stack to mount a 10" high vertical console. I'll have another opportunity in 10 days to check one out, I'll be bringing a tape measure and camera then.

Last edited by a moderator:

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
I found that nobody makes a vehicle specific console yet. They only have mounting plates to mount universal consoles in them. Speaker brackets ill just have to make my own witch is no big deal. I just hope Feniex has the vehicle specific visor light by the time I ordered this equipment.

I have been hearing several vendors are planning to 3d scan the interior and exterior features as soon as one with the final config rolls off the line.  I would not doubt that someone has already borrowed a civi body and templated the seat brackets etc so they can be ahead of the game.  It wont be long and you will see options.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Production of the PPV was suposed to start last month, though I have been told he run has been deleayed as GM works out some issues with the retail version. GM is taking orders for them now. I have driven by the factory as well as Kerr looking, but have not seen one yet.  I'll be going again today.  It has been said that most upfitting equipment should carry over from the 2014, though no one has been able to confirm that as of yet. 

OnSitePSE

Jul 7, 2014
Houston, TX
TXFF914,

Plastix Plus has designed one with a civilian Tahoe and it "should" fit the PPV. However, they will not sell one until the PPV comes in and they can test it. So give them a call and see what the deal it. 

Their consoles are top notch. Pricey though. 

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
TXFF914,

Plastix Plus has designed one with a civilian Tahoe and it "should" fit the PPV. However, they will not sell one until the PPV comes in and they can test it. So give them a call and see what the deal it.

Their consoles are top notch. Pricey though.
Ya I dislike there consoles, there a pain to get acess to the wiring by having to take the whole top off and like you said costs too much. Gambler Johnson has one now too that I will go with if this troy wide body tahoe console dosnt work out. Luckily I have one customer that loves the plastix plus stuff and its the only time I have to deal with it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.