2015 Chief Feniex Tahoe- HELS Hills Emergency

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
I like the rear traffic advisor and side alley lights...is thi the first install with the new Feniex F7 surface mounts? The fog lights should have been soild red and synced for a larger warning footprint..the rear could have been synced with non split light heads and the hear Apollos behind the tint seem to be a waste...imo. Overall...very nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Pretty much echo all of your thoughts about it.

But I'd add that I think the green command lights on the push bumper are a waste.  I'm not convinced that having green to indicate command is useful to begin with, but in situations where it is, it really need to be something that is mounted high with 360-visibility.

chucksorce

Aug 3, 2014
nj

But I'd add that I think the green command lights on the push bumper are a waste. I'm not convinced that having green to indicate command is useful to begin with, but in situations where it is, it really need to be something that is mounted high with 360-visibility.
I agree 100% it's a very silly location got command lights.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City

But I'd add that I think the green command lights on the push bumper are a waste.  I'm not convinced that having green to indicate command is useful to begin with, but in situations where it is, it really need to be something that is mounted high with 360-visibility.
I agree, most "command" lights I've seen are a single beacon mounted on the roof. Honestly, I've only seen them used in real life once before. I think the people that need to know where command is, know. Those that don't, have no clue to look for a single green beacon.

other than the wasted lights on the bumper, the useless Apollos in the back glass, the disappointing output by the F7s, and the split-fail in the rear, not a bad install. I really like the use of the scene lights mounted to the Avatar, that's a neat idea.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
I didn't see an equipment list anywhere.  Is that all Feniex?  It looked like the fender lights were Apollos.  What were the lights on the lift gate (the 2x6s)?

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
I didn't see an equipment list anywhere.  Is that all Feniex?  It looked like the fender lights were Apollos.  What were the lights on the lift gate (the 2x6s)?
The installer said they were the new Feniex F7's....I didn't think they were released yet...maybe he is able to get them pre-release...

They are not supposed to be released until June 2015...

http://www.feniex.com/category.php?cat_id=46

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The installer said they were the new Feniex F7's....I didn't think they were released yet...maybe he is able to get them pre-release...

They are not supposed to be released until June 2015...

http://www.feniex.com/category.php?cat_id=46
There is no such thing as a "Feniex F7" so while its a real possibilty that he got some... he's not showing himself to be very familiar with the brand

Reactions: Chris W

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It's not a terrible setup. I do like the big block of red on the cobra (instead of interwoven R/C) & avatar, but I also think the green lightheads on the end are useless...nobody looks for command green lights in the grill area & they'll be washed out by the red adjacent to it. I like the decent amt of side warning, but I would've moved the fog light T6's to the running boards or scrapped them completely since they look stupid down there. The rear T6's look out of place & the rear apollos don't serve much of a purpose. The rear lightheads on the liftgate should've been solid red IMO b/c the TA provides enough rear Amber

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I like that there are big slow synced lights on the rear hatch... but they're split and there's white to the rear. Looks to me like there is a lot of "lights for the sake of more lights" going on.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
This fails for one very massive reason. They didn't mind drilling holes in the body to mount lights, etc... but they mounted the farking radio antenna on a lip mount off the hood? WTF over.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.