2015 F150 Marker lights to corner strobe with ULF44.

ackthe2nd

Jun 4, 2011
Tennessee
Just tap into the output wire, add a relay, flasher, and some diodes. I drew a diagram of mine, I'm sure it would most likely work with yours. You would just need to find out what wire in your harness is for your marker lights.

Reactions: Monroechj

Monroechj

Sep 11, 2018
Texas
Ack, can you share this diagram???

Just tap into the output wire, add a relay, flasher, and some diodes. I drew a diagram of mine, I'm sure it would most likely work with yours. You would just need to find out what wire in your harness is for your marker lights.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I do Wonder what the effect will be on the lights themselves, i remember you lose some life on the lights when they do something other then what they were designed for...

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Can you post how you added the relay and diodes. His is what I been wanting to do to the Durango rear lights

Monroechj

Sep 11, 2018
Texas
His are not the factory leds. He replace the Amber oem leds with a switchback unit from diode dynamics then added a whelen flasher to strobe the units, adding diodes & relays to prevent feedback into the existing factory harness. I just want to see exactly where the diodes were placed so I don’t burn up my harness/get an update one how the set up is working a year later.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

ackthe2nd

Jun 4, 2011
Tennessee
Hello Everyone,

Sorry, I dont get on here much. I will be working on the truck soon and rewiring some things and will take note of how I wired it up and do a diagram and post it on here.

Correct, strobe is incorrect term. They are flasher controlled LEDs, diode dynamic switchback to be exact as someone indicated. I opened up the headlights and switched them out. Two years later... they have all failed and I will be replacing them with anzo switchback headlights.

Stay Tuned...

Monroechj

Sep 11, 2018
Texas
Looks great ack. Did any of your oem lights fail or was it just the switchback boards? Have you thought of maybe changing the switchback boards to oracles dynamic color shift boards? They have way more leds which leads me to believe they would be brighter, also with your ability to select different colors to flash.

Reactions: ackthe2nd

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Not to be the Public Safety Nut here but those kinds of Lights Worry me with People who may not be very Law Abiding and try and use them in an Impersonating Manner... though they look cool I do worry that we are stepping into some areas that law enforcement and others may start coming after and make new laws governing... thats why I guess im so Old School into Halogen lights and Strobes... hard enough to impersonate with without additional work.. Still it Looks Really cool...

ackthe2nd

Jun 4, 2011
Tennessee
Monroechj,
Just the switchback boards went bad. I like that idea about the color changing. I personally don't want the 6 hour task of hacking back into the headlights. Neither did the local 3 auto shops, even if I paid them. But I do like the color changing option.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.