2015 Ram 2500 No-Drill Lighting Setup

Steady Red

May 23, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Looking for some recommendations for a 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Limited Crew Cab. This truck is used primarily for construction, so rear warning is the most important. I have simple setup picked out for the front of the truck, but am looking for some recommendations for a no-drill setup to the rear.

I figure a couple of LEDs on a license plate bracket is an easy place to start. I'd like to get some warning in the upper level as well. Perhaps a couple of LEDs in the rear window, or an LED warning bar/traffic adviser for the rear window? I can't seem to come up with a no-drill option for the rear window; the headrests seem they would be in the way. There is no toolbox to mount to, but the truck does have the Ram Box factory side boxes. I am not entirely against putting something like a Feniex Cannon in the cargo lights at the top of the cab, but am concerned that taking out the factory bulb is going to cause "bulb out" issues with the truck's computer.

Any advise for how to mount some rear warning on the truck without drilling holes? If you have pictures of something that would work, that would be extremely helpful.

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
Could you use some sort of strapping to attach and clamp a traffic advisor to the back of the headrests?

Steady Red

May 23, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I considered this, however I only have about 2" from the headrest post to the glass, and I haven't been able to find any T/As that are shallow enough to fit.

CACBAND

Nov 11, 2010
Bering Sea
You could just do a mag mount mini-bar. That should provide decent rear warning if you put the light at the rear of the cab. Also the Acari drill free mount has photos with a traffic director mounted on it. I did my truck without any holes and it works pretty good for me with a dash light and mini bar. You could do the same, just put two slimlighters in the rear window (you just wouldn't be able to slide it open as the suction cups would be on the middle section to fit two.

Attachments

• ACARI_rooftop_mount-400.jpg
    ACARI_rooftop_mount-400.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 14021602_1271869102847852_1041272775101021622_n.jpg
    14021602_1271869102847852_1041272775101021622_n.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 31

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looking for some recommendations for a 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Limited Crew Cab. This truck is used primarily for construction, so rear warning is the most important. I have simple setup picked out for the front of the truck, but am looking for some recommendations for a no-drill setup to the rear.

I figure a couple of LEDs on a license plate bracket is an easy place to start. I'd like to get some warning in the upper level as well. Perhaps a couple of LEDs in the rear window, or an LED warning bar/traffic adviser for the rear window? I can't seem to come up with a no-drill option for the rear window; the headrests seem they would be in the way. There is no toolbox to mount to, but the truck does have the Ram Box factory side boxes. I am not entirely against putting something like a Feniex Cannon in the cargo lights at the top of the cab, but am concerned that taking out the factory bulb is going to cause "bulb out" issues with the truck's computer.

Any advise for how to mount some rear warning on the truck without drilling holes? If you have pictures of something that would work, that would be extremely helpful.

I usually recommend L-brackets in the rear window by replacing the headliner screws with self-tapping screws. The Feniex fusion stick and the SNM e66 mini are both ~ 1 inch tall. When I was a vollie, i managed to maintain a no holes approach in my SUV by pulling out the plastic screws holding up the headliner and replacing with 2 self-tapping screws and 2 L-brackets from lowes for about a buck; my dominator never had issues in the 5 yrs I had it mounted there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.