2015 Silverado Crew

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Starting a install thread for my 2015 Silverado crew cab that will replace my previous 2011 Silverado crew. Planning to re install some of the same equipment with a few variations. Install will be at my own pace so the updates may be slow in coming.

Front- Apollo Visor bar red/white or possibly a smaller visor bar using Apollo dummy heads.
- M7s for the grill, and possibly white Cannon 360s in the fog lights.
- Optional headlight flasher

Side- Fusion light heads mounted on a intersection bracket.
- Either 2 or 3 T3s mounted below doors or a red or red/white Sound Off intersector

Rear - Fusion red/amber 8 head bar mounted in rear window. (need to come up with a mounting option since these trucks no longer have the ceiling mount holes.
- Feniex Cannons red/white replacing the backup lights.

Interior - Federal Signal SS2000SM siren/light controller
- Power call remote siren controlled by button on the SS.
- Tait mobile radio
- BCT996XT scanner

Attachments

• IMG_5925.JPG
    IMG_5925.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 40

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Starting a install thread for my 2015 Silverado crew cab that will replace my previous 2011 Silverado crew. Planning to re install some of the same equipment with a few variations. Install will be at my own pace so the updates may be slow in coming.

Front- Apollo Visor bar red/white or possibly a smaller visor bar using Apollo dummy heads.
- M7s for the grill, and possibly white Cannon 360s in the fog lights.
- Optional headlight flasher

Side- Fusion light heads mounted on a intersection bracket.
- Either 2 or 3 T3s mounted below doors or a red or red/white Sound Off intersector

Rear - Fusion red/amber 8 head bar mounted in rear window. (need to come up with a mounting option since these trucks no longer have the ceiling mount holes.
- Feniex Cannons red/white replacing the backup lights.

I vote yes on the HLF, and please use solid red M7’s, not split color or split flash patterns. For the side warning, I think an intersector is a much better idea than running board lights; I think running board lights look nice as “supplemental” warning if all your other bases are covered, but I think mid level lighting like the intersectors will be much more effective for side warning.

I also think you should have something on the LP area....a pair of dual color fusions or mpowers would look solid

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I vote yes on the HLF, and please use solid red M7’s, not split color or split flash patterns. For the side warning, I think an intersector is a much better idea than running board lights; I think running board lights look nice as “supplemental” warning if all your other bases are covered, but I think mid level lighting like the intersectors will be much more effective for side warning.

I also think you should have something on the LP area....a pair of dual color fusions or mpowers would look solid

Thanks for the response. I will be utilizing a lot of the same lighting/flash patterns as my previous truck. NO split patterns and as much sync as I can. I do have an extra pair of Apollos that I am considering putting on the LP.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
HLF is a must.

Instead of LP lights, which on a pickup is never a good idea since they will always get messed up getting in and out of the bed, look at a set of mpowers between the bumper and tailgate. I do this on just about every pickup that my shop builds and it works great and the lights stay protected.

Intersectors on the mirrors will do a great job, you could look at a set of FireWire LED Rocker Panels. They are great for secondary warning.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.