2015 Suburban Install

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Why is blue in the rear but nowhere else? Is this some whacky NY thing?

Don't like surface mounted vertexes or the single flash of the under mirror intersectors.

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'm guessing this is for a "certain" VAS in NYC? Must say that this is one of the first Suburban POVs for them that I've seen that wasn't crazy obnoxious.

I'm not a fan of surface mount LAWs either, but my only 2 dislikes are the lower grill splits (even though they were synced well) and the genI side lights (I'm guessing reused from previous ride?). What TLF did u use?

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I'll post a list of the install shortly. The side rear window was the customers Slimisers. I didn't want to install them but he insisted. The rear we switched out the reverse lights for a Vertex and used a SOS flasher to alternate brake reverse.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I like this one overall. I still think the surface mounted vertex are a terrible idea and the random hood mounted light is weird but overall this is pretty good.

Reactions: Eric1249

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Another overdone Hatzolah responder! The exterior mounted ION on the hood looks ridiculous! To answer Surgical, yes Blue is only legal to display on the rear of an authorized emergency vehicle in New York State as per the recently updated vehicle and traffic laws.

As a side note, I think GM really killed the looks of the new Tahoe/Suburban as well as the GMC Yukon!

Reactions: mpaine

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Another overdone Hatzolah responder! The exterior mounted ION on the hood looks ridiculous!
Correct me if im wrong but I dont see anything overdone on this particular car. Looks like the same amount of lights u have on your picture above your screen name. All sides are covered without anything too outlandish. Grouping a single vehicle to a whole organization is not only pathetic but childish. I sense a little bit of jealousy here. Just take the install for what it is and comment on the install ONLY. You can keep your personal feelings to yourself.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Black hoe. Who said this vehicle was for a hatzolah responder. Whats your issue with Hatzolah anyway. There are a lot of elb members who belong to that organisation. I also think the ion on the hood looks amazing. I thnk we should focus on the install and not on particular EMS agencies. Here on ELB we have respect for all races and religions. It's amazing every time I post an install someone starts to rip it apart based on bigotry. To end off, this install is not overdone at all. I'm assuming you are a wacker who doesn't use your lights much. For those of us who respond to emergencies we want to be seen, heard and safe. You do need a decent amount of lights to be 360 without a lightbar. End of rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Hey all, lets just try to keep cool heads about us.

Reactions: Surgicalcric

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
At first glance, this install looks solid and fairly well thought out. My "major" complaints are the slim-misers (I know, I know, the customer is always right), and I just don't like the look of lights mounted to the roof rails. Finally, while it looks nice, I don't know how I feel about the positioning of the control head, for me that would be an awkward place to reach for to change siren tones. Is the unit tied to the horn at all?

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I didn't want the Slimmisers to go in. The customer insisted since they were his primary lights in his old car. The SS2000 is connected to the horn. When you put on the lights the horn automatically becomes HF.

Reactions: foxtrot5

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
I didn't want the Slimmisers to go in. The customer insisted since they were his primary lights in his old car. The SS2000 is connected to the horn. When you put on the lights the horn automatically becomes HF.
Well you can't argue with the customer. As for the HF, thanks for clarifying. In that case, I do like the position of the SS2000 head up there.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I'll post a list of equipment shortly. Have been flat out busy with installs.

Whats up with the ion? In the middle of the hood
The customer wanted to put his mini phantom back on the dash. I didn't want any gen1 lights on this car. So he agreed to put one ion on the hood instead. I think it looks pretty good. A bit different but maybe I'm starting a trend. Lol

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
The hood mounted ion is different for sure, but it's kinda starting to grow on on. That being said, I think it would look great as a steady-red.

Reactions: FireMedic19

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.