2015 Tahoe

Jan 10, 2011
New Jersey
ive got one coming in for an install on friday has anyone worked on these new ones yet? im gonna be doing grill lights and haw in front and rear if anyone can tell me what im in for. thanks

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
HPD84 said:
Do you know if it's a civilian 2015 Tahoe or PPV?

It will be a retail, the PPV is not in production yet.

OP, you will be doing the first known install (at least within the ELB community) on a 2015 Tahoe, which means step by step pictures, and being the one who will be responding to future installs regarding the NBS Tahoe.

The tail lights will not be difficult, but anticipate removing the front fascia in order to get to the headlights.

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
HILO said:
It will be a retail, the PPV is not in production yet.

OP, you will be doing the first known install (at least within the ELB community) on a 2015 Tahoe, which means step by step pictures, and being the one who will be responding to future installs regarding the NBS Tahoe.

The tail lights will not be difficult, but anticipate removing the front fascia in order to get to the headlights.

We are wrapping one up now. Be careful with the taillights. There are electronics and wires inside the housing.

Here are a few pictures and a video:

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/jf4683/media/IMG_1177_zps58cd882f.mp4.html

photo1_zps743f66b8.jpg

photo_zps67d245ec.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
J. Forbes said:
We are wrapping one up now. Be careful with the taillights. There are electronics and wires inside the housing.

Here are a few pictures and a video:

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/jf4683/media/IMG_1177_zps58cd882f.mp4.html

View attachment 73570

View attachment 73571

Get down with it! Tell us more about the tail light set up, is it like the circuit board system like the Trail Blazer and Venture vans? How hard is it getting the fascia off? Is the interior trim flimsy, brittle, or does it come on and off easy?

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
HILO said:
Get down with it! Tell us more about the tail light set up, is it like the circuit board system like the Trail Blazer and Venture vans? How hard is it getting the fascia off? Is the interior trim flimsy, brittle, or does it come on and off easy?

We have not had a Trail Blazer or Venture van in the shop so I can't comment on those. The tail lights have LED components so there are wires and electronics inside. They appear to run vertically on the sides.

The trim panel clips seem better than the 14 Tahoes (at least so far). The front bumper removal was similar to the previous models. All in all seem it seems ok. The only thing it is lacking from previous year models is the horizontal portion of the A frame behind the grill.

I am impatiently waiting on the PPVs to arrive.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
J. Forbes said:
I am impatiently waiting on the PPVs to arrive.

Soon. Production starts May 12, and should start being delivered in late June or July.

Jan 10, 2011
New Jersey
i dont like this truck already

the top removal is like the older models

downsized_0502140927.jpg

you have to pull this stupid piece off to remove the tail light but dont get ahead of your self yet...

downsized_0502140924.jpg

here are the new stupid taillights with no place to drill that i see. led rings around the brake and tail and wires and circuit boards hidden for your pleasure

downsized_0502140933.jpg

downsized_0502140933a.jpg

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
The pre production PPV did not appear to have HAW's either front or rear. Maybe the production PPV will have more user friendly STT light housings. As it stands right now, I will not be adding any HAW's to retail Tahoe's. Brake light flashers will be my suggestion!

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
HILO do you think chevy will go to a halogen tail light setup with more room? And I think the tail light flasher is the best bet for now for the 2015 until someone can figure something better out.

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
blulightandabat said:

you have to pull this stupid piece off to remove the tail light but dont get ahead of your self yet...

here are the new stupid taillights with no place to drill that i see. led rings around the brake and tail and wires and circuit boards hidden for your pleasure

We were able to put red HAW's in the lower brake light section. This is now a double wall housing. We then put SoundOff white HAW's in the reverse light

by making the opening larger with a unibit. We used the cruise function as the reverse lights. The wires and electronics run vertical on either side of the housing, not in the middle.

Not a big deal to install, just took some patience.

I don't see these as being too difficult, but it will be a bit of a learning curve.

nbkj58

Sep 29, 2010
Indiana, USA
blulightandabat said:

View attachment 73606

View attachment 73607

View attachment 73608

View attachment 73609

In the 3rd picture, each one of the small raised squares in the back of the housing is a LED. They are all chained together with metal strips that go around the perimeter.

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Nothing wrong with going back to the good ol fashioned taillight/reverse light flashers! Well in many applications at least. Yeah yeah yeah I know there is that stupid law about not flashing the center mounted brake light but bah humbug to that anyway on vehicles where flashing that light won't do anything dangerous.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Hoff said:
HILO do you think chevy will go to a halogen tail light setup with more room? And I think the tail light flasher is the best bet for now for the 2015 until someone can figure something better out.

No, simply because of the cost. It would cost more to change the wiring and gut the housing and have different tail lights for the limited production runs of PPV's. From what I hear, a LCM brake light flasher is going to be offered, I've heard both brake light wig wag, and brake light over back up light. I'm thinking brake light wig wag.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Anything on the 2015 Tahoe PPV yet? Any on the ground?  :undecided:
None on the ground yet.  Production on the PPV is expected to start late this month or July.  GM is working on some changes on the retail version due to design flaws and recalls.  Once the retail issues are sorted out, the PPV goes into production.  None spotted at the plant or Kerr, both which are close to my house and are subject to frequent stalking!

Reactions: HPD84

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
And here we go....Spotted today, at the rail yard across from the plant.  It is the first Tahoe, or NBS full size GM SUV with steelies that I have seen, and I have seen thousands, so I am saying this is a 9C1 Tahoe.  No spot light.  You can tell from the picture that it sits lower than the silver one it is nose to nose with.  That one was the only one I could see in the rail yard, but there could be more.  Usually they park all the PPV and SSV vehicles off in one corner, but this one was in the general population.  There were Silverados and Express vans up fitted for private contractor/construction companies on trucks nearby as well.  Based on history, this one will be shiped out soon, they go to Kerr before ever hiting the rail yard.  This is one of the first 2015 production 9C1's.  Later on in the afternoon, I drove by Kerr, and they had a varaity of retail full size SUV's, but scattered inside were at least a dozen more white with black steelie Tahoe's, with open doors.  I would expect the first string to hit dealers in the next 3 weeks.  Agencies and upfitters can expect them within a month.  So we should be seeing one on ELB in the next two months.  I will assue the majority of this first producion run are bought by dealerships for demo use (every production vehicle, with the exception of Tesla, is purchased by dealerships, then sold to the end user).  Most of the EV equipment manufctures rent or buy the retail versions so they can get deminsions and make brackets and housings.  So expect to see 2015 Tahoe 9C1 applications any day now from your favorite vendor.

GM has updated the web page

http://www.gmfleet.com/police/chevy-tahoe-ppv.html

Standard features include;

Side steps for all 4 doors.

9C1 specific front facia with lower air ducts for brake cooling, with better ground clearence.

Rain sensing wipers (increase or lower speed)

Rear vision camara.

Skid plates.

Of note, standard is a full 40/20/40 bench, center has a fold down console/arm rest with USB and acessory outlets, can be removed during upfitting! Center seat delete is an option code.

Factory options;

Front bucket seats with full center console.

Rear 60/40 bench with fold down armrest.

6J7 HLF and BLF.

Full standard and options, along with deminsions are here.

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Shared_Resources/PDFs/2015-police-tahoe-9c12wd-specificationguide.pdf

Who will be the first?

IMAG0213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
And here we go....Spotted today, at the rail yard across from the plant.  It is the first Tahoe, or NBS full size GM SUV with steelies that I have seen, and I have seen thousands, so I am saying this is a 9C1 Tahoe.  No spot light.  You can tell from the picture that it sits lower than the silver one it is nose to nose with.  That one was the only one I could see in the rail yard, but there could be more.  Usually they park all the PPV and SSV vehicles off in one corner, but this one was in the general population.  There were Silverados and Express vans up fitted for private contractor/construction companies on trucks nearby as well.  Based on history, this one will be shiped out soon, they go to Kerr before ever hiting the rail yard.  This is one of the first 2015 production 9C1's.  Later on in the afternoon, I drove by Kerr, and they had a varaity of retail full size SUV's, but scattered inside were at least a dozen more white with black steelie Tahoe's, with open doors.  I would expect the first string to hit dealers in the next 3 weeks.  Agencies and upfitters can expect them within a month.  So we should be seeing one on ELB in the next two months.  I will assue the majority of this first producion run are bought by dealerships for demo use (every production vehicle, with the exception of Tesla, is purchased by dealerships, then sold to the end user).  Most of the EV equipment manufctures rent or buy the retail versions so they can get deminsions and make brackets and housings.  So expect to see 2015 Tahoe 9C1 applications any day now from your favorite vendor.

GM has updated the web page

http://www.gmfleet.com/police/chevy-tahoe-ppv.html

Standard features include;

Side steps for all 4 doors.

9C1 specific front facia with lower air ducts for brake cooling, with better ground clearence.

Rain sensing wipers (increase or lower speed)

Rear vision camara.

Skid plates.

Of note, standard is a full 40/20/40 bench, center has a fold down console/arm rest with USB and acessory outlets, can be removed during upfitting! Center seat delete is an option code.

Factory options;

Front bucket seats with full center console.

Rear 60/40 bench with fold down armrest.

6J7 HLF and BLF.

Full standard and options, along with deminsions are here.

http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Shared_Resources/PDFs/2015-police-tahoe-9c12wd-specificationguide.pdf

Who will be the first?
Hmm If that's a PPV it would be the first time GM would have "Body color - painted" door handles and mirror caps on a Police Pkg. Tahoe. Awaiting more pics . Thanks for the updates sir.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Body color mirrors and door handles are standard according to GM.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
So has anyone else seen the PPV up close yet?

I had a chance to look at a few of them, I posted the info here.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I drove the Pursuit 4WD in early June, was very impressed. I only wish they used the Silverado dash/instrument panel instead, it's more ergonomic and "business-like".

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I drove the Pursuit 4WD in early June, was very impressed. I only wish they used the Silverado dash/instrument panel instead, it's more ergonomic and "business-like".
Why would you want a Chevy Silverado dash in a Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD?

The 4WD 9C1 Tahoe is still in pre production testing, scheduled to go into production in late October.

OnSitePSE

Jul 7, 2014
Houston, TX
Just had one of the new police tahoes hit ground today. Will be tearing it apart soon to see what is where and what fits where.

And yes there are body colored handles and mirror caps too. Slick looking truck. Biggest plus so far is the 4 30amp power blunt cuts at the console and the 100amp in the rear quarter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410209297.843664.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410209308.787934.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410209316.473561.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410209323.659116.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410209329.908180.jpg

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Biggest plus so far is the 4 30amp power blunt cuts at the console and the 100amp in the rear quarter.
Those have been around for a while, and very helpful.

Excited to see your build!

Reactions: MEVS06

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Today I spotted a red 9C1 at Kerr.

May 25, 2010
Northern, IL
I finished a pair of 2015 civilian Tahoes a month ago, I have not gotten around to posting on them yet...

I can tell you that yes it is true you cannot mount antennas down the center of the roof line. There is a raised rib that runs right down the center on the roof, it is approx 3/4" wide.

I ordered the Tahoes with the 40/20/40 front seat configuration so that I would not have to deal with the factory console. This put the rear heat and ac controls in the headliner as in the previous models where the console delete was chosen. Once I removed the center fold up seat/console I worked with Troy Products to find console brackets that would work, as they had not seen a 15 in person yet. I choose to use their universal wide body console as I have used several of the wide body vehicle specific consoles I the past and really like their product. Once installed the console looks good, I it met the curve of the dash better but for a universal console it worked out pretty well. I should note that while there are a few other vehicle specific console out from other manufactures none were available at the time I took delivery of the vehicles.

I will put a full post together when I have the time.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Spotted the first factory dual color 9C1 Tahoe at Kerr, silver with black hood, black liftgate, spotlight. I could not get a good picture.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Why would you want a Chevy Silverado dash in a Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD?

The 4WD 9C1 Tahoe is still in pre production testing, scheduled to go into production in late October.
I never said anything about  the Charger, I was writing about the 2015 Tahoe Pursuit 4WD

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I never said anything about  the Charger, I was writing about the 2015 Tahoe Pursuit 4WD
The Charger PPV is called Pursuit, like the Ford PPV's are Interceptors, and the Tahoe PPV's are 9C1 (or PPV, when Chevy feels like it) 2WD and 4WD for 2015.  These are the manufacture designations.  The Charger Pursuit comes in RWD and soon AWD.  So when you said "I drove the Pursuit 4WD in early June"' I naturally assumed you were talking about a Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD.  So you can understand my confusion.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The Charger PPV is called Pursuit, like the Ford PPV's are Interceptors, and the Tahoe PPV's are 9C1 (or PPV, when Chevy feels like it) 2WD and 4WD for 2015.  These are the manufacture designations.  The Charger Pursuit comes in RWD and soon AWD.  So when you said "I drove the Pursuit 4WD in early June"' I naturally assumed you were talking about a Dodge Charger Pursuit AWD.  So you can understand my confusion.
awww.quickmeme.com_img_f4_f46751ff5e59d96916933944572d545e6f1652da50409768059f4b4bbbbc290e.jpg

Reactions: MEVS06

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Given that this is a Tahoe thread, no, I don't understand your confusion, but I'll get over it

Reactions: Pyron

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
Who's going to be the first person to figure out how to remove that stupid chrome grille and chrome side window surrounds and make them body-color?

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Our agency went with the Larsen KGI825 on-glass antennas on all vehicles, their mounted inside in the upper corners of the windshield and work great. 

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
You installed on-glass antennas in a duty vehicle? Are you farking kidding me?

They'll work acceptably well for some period of time, assuming you have a well-built system with good coverage. Get back to me in a few years when they start falling off (especially in the Florida sun), start coupling poorly causing high VSWR, etc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.