2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk-Project FireHawk

FDlou961

May 23, 2011
New Paltz, NY
This is the start of a beautiful vehicle IMHO. I just bought a 16 Trailhawk, with 9k on it. I am planning on installing a Inner Edge(Modules relamped by wilson), IONB(2x) in grille, 2 Vertexes, blue, on L brackets in rear window(trying to keep visibility there out the rear window for the wife), Vertexes in white(Dont know where Im putting these, cant go into the headlamps or front signal housings from research), possibly a HLF connected to the DRL lamps(if I can figure how to keep from throwing error codes), Uniden Bearcat scanner or a VHF mobile(if I get permission to TX on my FD channel) off a quick disconnectable clamp mount antenna bracket, rear LED flood light attached off the antenna bracket, controlled by a Whelen PCC8R
I am going to add in a mercury switch that will cut out the rear facing interior mounted blues so I ain't blinded getting my gear out.

I am trying to keep the theme of as minimal exterior drilling as possible.

As I install stuff, this thread I'll update as I go.

Now I would like this fine community's input on a few things if possible:
The Vertex and ION placement: Should I keep with where I am gonna place them, or flip flop the locations? I was thinking the Vertexes in each corner would be ideal, but the optic pattern I'm not sure if it will disperse light like I want.(Can't drill the reverse housings, had a coworker do an install and he said the light output sucks due to a double walled housing), or keep the IONs at the grille, and take a 5mm B/B SlimMiser and make that rear facing?
Where in earth can I put the white Vertexes(I had them in my hood scoop in my WRX), or should I just see if someone out there wants to trade for IONs(or have wilson change the color on them) where I can have more versatility?

Attachments

• IMG_20180228_100334656_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180228_100334656_HDR.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: wilsonbr90

FDlou961

May 23, 2011
New Paltz, NY
Yesterday, I installed the PCC8R in the left rear behind the interior panel where the cargo management rack snaps into. I also installed the inner edge using custom made visor clip mounts. I wired the steady burn modules(which I put the amber cards in at) to a SSFPOS which I will be tying in the reverse lamps to(going to diode isolate the vehicle wiring and tap after the diode) so in the even I need just amber, I have it. I have it going to a relay so when I kick the warning on, the SSFPOS ceases control of the steady burn wire, but will keep flashing the reverse lamps(which I may change the bulbs inboard to amber LEDs), as it will flash the amber already.
Pictures, and a video, will be forthcoming.

I am also going to take the Ions and put them in the rear side windows, as after installing and testing the inner edge, it is MORE than enough warning power up front. I am still going to take the Avenger and put it rear facing on the inside of the hatch, and the blue Vertexes, are going to go in the rear D pillars facing out the rear window. The white Vertexes, I think I am going to put in the front grille flange mounted, and wire to the amber control switch, so I have isolation if for some reason I want to cut the front white flashing.IMG_20180313_191555761.jpgIMG_20180313_191254939.jpgIMG_20180313_191410591_LL.jpg
IMG_20180313_191249638.jpg

Last edited:

FDlou961

May 23, 2011
New Paltz, NY
So after some tossing around and the lack of being able to get replacement domes for the Vertexes, they are on hold. The pic attached is the rear with the Avenger dark. I mounted the Avenger to the hatch plastic trim panel and ran the wire thru the weather head for the light. Later on I'll get a vid in daylight and at night.
I also did some tinkering with the InnerEdge, and added the pattern, low, and TD flash to the driver's side light, so I can go low power at night and not blind people. I also added a ShoMe undercover siren with air horn, wired for only air horn use and a Whelen 100w speaker. I was going to mount my scanner but I want to keep the theme of "minimal drilling & holes", so what do I do? Take a old toolbox, add some batteries for minimal draw on the vehicle(and the ability to have a slightly increased reserve capacity while watching drive in movies) and build what a HAM calls a 'GO Box'!

Attachments

• IMG_20180411_183006536_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180411_183006536_HDR.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 22

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.