2016 Ram Rebel

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I didn't see any Ram Rebels in this forum, so I thought I'd share mine. I will be adding to this build as time goes on, but this is where I'm at now. The truck is used for VFF response, with green courtesy lights. I have a 12 mile response to the station, and often take it to the scene if the trucks are already gone.

Equipment List:

Feniex 4200 Mini
Axixtech Extreme 6 in the grill
Sound Off Signal mPowers (3" stud mount) in the hood vents
Feniex Cannons in rear work lights and reverse lights

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Thanks, tsquale. It's going to be much better lit by the end of summer, but it's already more than the vast majority of VFFs in my area: they mostly only run a small dash light and call it good.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good. What else is in the to-do list?

I honestly wish that green would be removed from V&T laws in the US, though, except command beacons. Even when I lived in NY (where VAS was green) NOBODY, aside from first responders, knew what it meant. Also, I just think that flashing green to the rear has the opposite effect of “caution!” or “slow down!” than colors like amber/blue/red, due to the meaning of green on the stoplight

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I have a Feniex Fusion 600 in all amber on the way for the rear window. Then I will replace the Axixtechs on the grill with different light heads, probably Fusions, something in the top of the windshield and side windows, and probably a 4200 to control everything.

It will probably get done just in time for the rumoured authorization to run red and siren to kick in, because that's my luck.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I have a Feniex Fusion 600 in all amber on the way for the rear window. Then I will replace the Axixtechs on the grill with different light heads, probably Fusions, something in the top of the windshield and side windows, and probably a 4200 to control everything.

It will probably get done just in time for the rumoured authorization to run red and siren to kick in, because that's my luck.
Haha Murphy’s law. Why don’t you hold off on replacing any further green in the meantime?

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Haha Murphy’s law. Why don’t you hold off on replacing any further green in the meantime?

Because it hasn't even been introduced as a bill in Provincial Parliament. It would be a couple years before it happens anyway.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Because it hasn't even been introduced as a bill in Provincial Parliament. It would be a couple years before it happens anyway.
Ohhhh lol, you didn’t specify the timeframe in your earlier post so it sounded like it’d be way sooner. In that case, since you’ve got a few more years before it possibly happens, I’d go ahead and upgrade the green

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
That's the plan. Going to be ordering some amber/green Fusions from Fever, and then I will update this thread. I already have some amber in the mix, so I can run that should I happen across something in my travels.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.