2017 Charger lighting

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
I am looking for opinions on lighting from the experts here at ELB.

I have recently been “upgraded” to a slick top Patrol vehicle.

Up front there are two B/B avengers, Linz6 grille lights and factory HLF.

In the rear there is a B/A avenger, a B/C avenger, factory TLF, and a soundoff flasher for the led reverse lights and tail light.

IONs on the sides in the rear permanent windows.

None of the avengers are synced. The problem is the patterns on the avengers look pretty dumb and ineffective especially in the rear. I’ve messed with the patterns some but I’d like to know yalls thoughts.

I’m aware there is only so much I can do since they are not synced.

Here are some crappy photos for reference.

210992E3-68C1-41CE-813B-F7BF90020D1C.jpegB72D4ABB-B7DC-4E57-B4AD-0C268122A6AC.jpeg

I’m not here to discuss why we use avengers instead of interior bars or why we have white lights to the rear, it’s like that across the state and I have no control over the issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Honestly there’s not much you can do IMHO, since it doesn’t sound like you have the freedom to change the setup.

For the rear, I believe that the most effective patterns are the slower ones, so alternating the rear B/A and B/C in a slow wigwag speed is the only thing I’d recommend. It’s not the “prettiest” thing when they’re not synced but you’ll be seen

For the front, you could set the avengers to rapid flashing/alternating patterns b/c it’s hard to tell if they’re synced or not at that speed. However, as much as we like synced, I don’t think sync necessary for a setup to be effective. I personally used to run a B/B) dual talon (rapid alternating left/right) on the dash and a single B talon (slow single flash pattern) on the passenger side headliner, and I never had a problem moving traffic; I’m a believer that a combination of fast and slow patterns. Just like how different colors have pros/cons, I believe that different flash speeds have pros/cons. I vote for you testing out 1 dual avenger on a slow pattern and 1 on a fast pattern; the sync police won’t love it, but I think you’ll be surprised how effective the combination works.

As for the grill lights, I’d sync them together on signal alert. I think flashing grill lights together (as opposed to alternating them) minimizes how much they’re drowned out by the HLF at night

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
I'd suggest changing your Avengers to steady burn, and putting in an external flasher. Sho-Me makes an inexpensive easy to use flasher, and most of the other major manufacturers (Whelen, Code 3, Fed Sig) also make LED flashers that should work without any issues. I've done this several times when upfitting vehicles with used equipment from previously decommissioned vehicles that never have synch capabilities. It's time consuming getting the wiring straight, but once done, will give you the results that you are looking for.

wolfman

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
Honestly there’s not much you can do IMHO, since it doesn’t sound like you have the freedom to change the setup.

For the rear, I believe that the most effective patterns are the slower ones, so alternating the rear B/A and B/C in a slow wigwag speed is the only thing I’d recommend. It’s not the “prettiest” thing when they’re not synced but you’ll be seen

For the front, you could set the avengers to rapid flashing/alternating patterns b/c it’s hard to tell if they’re synced or not at that speed. However, as much as we like synced, I don’t think sync necessary for a setup to be effective. I personally used to run a B/B) dual talon (rapid alternating left/right) on the dash and a single B talon (slow single flash pattern) on the passenger side headliner, and I never had a problem moving traffic; I’m a believer that a combination of fast and slow patterns. Just like how different colors have pros/cons, I believe that different flash speeds have pros/cons. I vote for you testing out 1 dual avenger on a slow pattern and 1 on a fast pattern; the sync police won’t love it, but I think you’ll be surprised how effective the combination works.

As for the grill lights, I’d sync them together on signal alert. I think flashing grill lights together (as opposed to alternating them) minimizes how much they’re drowned out by the HLF at night

That’s pretty much what I’ve done. In the front the grille lights are synced on signal alert alternating. Up front I placed one of the avengers on a slower patter with the other a little faster. I’m the back I put the B/A avenger on slow signal alert and the B/C on a slightly faster pattern.

Thanks for the input.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I'm sure I remember reading they planned to resume flashing the highbeam instead of the DRL ring, maybe it was for the current model year

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.