2017 F150 Cencom Core install. Where to mount?

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
So I'll be doing a core based install soon in a 17 F150. The only thing I'm stuck on at the moment is where to mount the core and associated wiring. I'm thinking behind the rear seat but I haven't opened it up yet.

Anyone have any insight on locations?

I'm not currently planning on putting a Havis console in, so mounting everything in the console is not currently an option.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
@Jason@JCO/FEVER has done a couple of these.... He might be able to give ya some input.. he's also a core wizard

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
This was an F-150, but I think it was a 2010.

Attachments

• 7540A54E-6C5D-4C8F-9127-53B666405483.jpeg
    7540A54E-6C5D-4C8F-9127-53B666405483.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 252D4925-D78F-464A-8C74-B006BE292112.jpeg
    252D4925-D78F-464A-8C74-B006BE292112.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: EngrDiver

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
I was thinking under the seat as well but was debating keeping that open so that the rear seats could be folded up for storage use. But keeping that idea open as well.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
From my experience most pickups have very minimal options for installations. Some may have space behind the second seats on the back wall but under the second seats is consistently the most straight forward when doing an entire upfit.

If ur worried about cargo space a cover for the bed maybe a better option.

Jason@JCO/FEVER

Jul 1, 2021
Apopka,Fl
Behind the back seat on the rear wall is our go to. The latch is a bit tricky to unlock. It's out of the way and you can still fold the seats up of you need to load the inside down.

Jason@JCO/FEVER

Jul 1, 2021
Apopka,Fl
Do you happen to have any photos/tips on attaching a mounting plate to the rear wall?
We are working with Troy to have this plate mass produced. It was scrap from something laying around the shop, allows fewer penetrations in the rear wall and fit perfectly.
We've done several with the equipment mounted directly to the body. When doing this put a dab of silicone on the metal before using a self drilling screw to prevent water intrusion.

Attachments

• 20210108_134534.jpg
    20210108_134534.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 47

dasher

Sep 12, 2010
USA/Pa.
So I'll be doing a core based install soon in a 17 F150. The only thing I'm stuck on at the moment is where to mount the core and associated wiring. I'm thinking behind the rear seat but I haven't opened it up yet.

Anyone have any insight on locations?

I'm not currently planning on putting a Havis console in, so mounting everything in the console is not currently an option.

Try under your back seat the bottom lift up. I had a 2017 F150 and I had my radio box , siren box and a fuse panel mount there

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
I did the same on the back wall of my 16 2500. I wanted the space under the back seats free as I fold them up for the dogs and put a full size dog bed in there for road trips or adventures. I had to cut away some of the thick sound shield insulation Chevy puts in. Believe it or not flex glue as seen on tv worked awesome to glue a cut down awards plaque that Lowe’s sells to mount my smart siren to. I trimmed pieces off another to hold my terminals and one smaller one to mount my rumbler.
Of course if you have to perform any work or modifications later you’ll have to pull the seats every time, but it’s worth it to save the space. I kept the smart siren as low as I could to at least be able to see and troubleshoot with the fuse leds on it, and a few of my main fuses for the power wire for my Cn signalmaster and ils are at the bottom in the event they ever need to be looked at without pulling the seats. But if I ever need to get to my terminal blocks it’s an hour And spare set of hands to pull the back seats.
Worth it to not lose the space though.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I did the same on the back wall of my 16 2500. I wanted the space under the back seats free as I fold them up for the dogs and put a full size dog bed in there for road trips or adventures. I had to cut away some of the thick sound shield insulation Chevy puts in. Believe it or not flex glue as seen on tv worked awesome to glue a cut down awards plaque that Lowe’s sells to mount my smart siren to. I trimmed pieces off another to hold my terminals and one smaller one to mount my rumbler.
Of course if you have to perform any work or modifications later you’ll have to pull the seats every time, but it’s worth it to save the space. I kept the smart siren as low as I could to at least be able to see and troubleshoot with the fuse leds on it, and a few of my main fuses for the power wire for my Cn signalmaster and ils are at the bottom in the event they ever need to be looked at without pulling the seats. But if I ever need to get to my terminal blocks it’s an hour And spare set of hands to pull the back seats.
Worth it to not lose the space though.
Do you have pictures? I'm thinking of doing this to my 2014 Silverado 1500 and would like some tips.

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
I can grab a few with my seats still in place. It’s been about 2 years since I put it in. I was considering going back in this fall and cleaning up a lot of the wiring especially since I’ve moved to my two main bars being data cable operated there’s a lot of area I can clean up from when I had my other bar which was 12v switching.

Reactions: Mattdecker

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I can grab a few with my seats still in place. It’s been about 2 years since I put it in. I was considering going back in this fall and cleaning up a lot of the wiring especially since I’ve moved to my two main bars being data cable operated there’s a lot of area I can clean up from when I had my other bar which was 12v switching.
Gotcha. Thanks.

My 1500 is a double cab so under seat space is pretty limited.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.