2017 F150 Ideas

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
I'm putting together a proposal for a F150 SSV. The vehicle would be need to be setup as an unmarked suitable for traffic enforcement that could include being parked on the side of an interstate. The front seems pretty easy with an interior lightbar, and lighting on the pushbumper, and maybe something on the mirrors.

I'm struggling with ideas for the rear. I'd like two distinct levels of lighting - one red/blue and the other amber for a traffic advisor. I'd like enough room between the two levels to make sure the traffic advisor is distinct.

I'm pretty sure it will have some form of tonneau cover and could have a headache rack if needed. I kinda like this option from Diamondback since I like their covers:
awww.diamondbackcovers.com_images_in29_img_new2.png
or this one:
awww.diamondbackcovers.com_images_in29_img_new5.png

These would be fine for the red/blue, especially mounted at the top, but I'm not sure about the traffic advisor. I've thought about eight SOS MForces surface mounted to the back of the tailgate to get the separation I want. Or alternatively, mount the MForces in the gap between the bumper and the bottom of the tailgate.

I've also thought about a 8 head SOS exterior NForce stick up top that would be half R/A and half R/B with a something blue/red surface mounted on the tail gate for when the TA is running.

Anybody else have any ideas? I'm biased towards SOS due to pricing and the likely use of BluePrint to control it.

Also, does anyone else make a console for the F150 SSV other than Havis?

CACBAND

Nov 11, 2010
Bering Sea
Why not do something like a Whelen traffic advisor with end flashers? That would get you the best of both words and you just not use the TA function unless you needed it. Then you could have the ends flashing with the red/blue lights for warning and add the TA as needed.

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
Go with the second option for the "back rack".

Four nForce signal color surface mount lightheads. Two mounted on either side of the 3rd brake light cutout surface mounted to the diamond mesh. Two red on drivers side, two blue on passenger side.

Eight mPower fascia single color lightheads across the lower 1/4. Surface mounted to diamond mesh. All amber, to be used as traffic advisor.

Two dual color surface mounted Intersectors. One mounted to each solid side of "back rack". Red white on driver side. Blue white on passenger side. White comes on as alley type light.

Two nForce FIT mounted on license plate bracket. One dual color red blue, and one single color red. Drivers side red. Passenger side red blue (blue warning and brake flicker red along with driver side FIT in pursuit brake mode with bluePRINT).

Four LED HAWs in tail lamps, white and red both sides...if they'll fit. If not just a red HAW in driver side reverse and blue in passenger side reverse.

Citabria7GCBC

May 21, 2010
Houston Texas
Im in the process of taking bids for my new 2017 F150. The goal is to be as undercover as possible until lights are on. Sound Off Facsia's were recommended. I am looking to buy about 12 of them. Looking for the best deal of course.

Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
CT
You want to go super-undercover?

Follow the lead of the CT State Police - They're running at least one ladder-rack equipped pickup with ladders on the racks. (I don't know if the ladders are bolted down.) When I saw it working it was virtually invisible among traffic until it lit up.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT

Follow the lead of the CT State Police - They're running at least one ladder-rack equipped pickup with ladders on the racks. (I don't know if the ladders are bolted down.) When I saw it working it was virtually invisible among traffic until it lit up.

Where did you see this truck? Color? Regular cab or extended? I would assume tinted windows. And since this is posted in the F-150 thread that it was a 150.
Thanks

Reactions: StEaLtH2

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England

Wish there was a pic or clip of this merely for how smart it really is..!
I see no reason for NoT having a set of easily deployable ground ladders out and about protecting the general public. I wonder if it's assigned to a single trooper or spends most days at a barracks lot.

Also OP, can't wait to see the finished product John.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.