2017 Ford Fusion Detective Vehicle Install

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Here's a 2017 Ford Fusion Detectives Vehicle with the following equipment installed:

Equipment:
Star ULB24 Visor Bar
Carson Volunteer Remote Siren
Whelen SA315 Speaker
Feniex T3's (sides of front license plate bracket)
Axixtech ES6 Led Lights (grille)
SoundOff Fascia Dual Color Lights (Fog Light Area)
Feniex T3's (Rear Side Windows)
Feniex Fusion 400 Light Stick (rear window)
Feniex T3's on rear license plate bracket
AR safe with custom made brackets in trunk

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Another agency that shortchanges it's COPs out of the proper equipment
Are we looking at the same install? This thing is a Christmas tree compared to the detective squads at my agency that have one first gen 5mm mini phantom to the front with an HLF and two mini phantoms to the rear. This install looks great and I'm willing to bet moves traffic with no problem the few times it actually needs to as a detective car

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The big 3 American car companies design and build vehicles specifically purposed for law enforcement and this agency puts it's Detectives into retail cars while squandering money on the all too common overboard lighting scheme

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
The big 3 American car companies design and build vehicles specifically purposed for law enforcement and this agency puts it's Detectives into retail cars while squandering money on the all too common overboard lighting scheme

Why the riddles? Which agency are we talking about?

fam29

Jun 6, 2012
USA, Florida
I don't see anything wrong with it. Why purchase Ford PI sedans when the Fusion will work for them. They don't look like the typical cop car and can maybe blend in better. I'm pushing for fusions for our detectives and a lot of the agencies down here use them too. Plenty of room for what they'll use it for.

Aug 25, 2016
NYC
NYPD has tons of Fusions, have you heard complaints?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
That thing has more lights than the front line Patrol units the local county sheriff uses... They just have a lightbar on the roof and wig wags down here for regular deputys.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I don't see anything wrong with it. Why purchase Ford PI sedans when the Fusion will work for them. They don't look like the typical cop car and can maybe blend in better. I'm pushing for fusions for our detectives and a lot of the agencies down here use them too. Plenty of room for what they'll use it for.

You purchase Ford PIs for police officers because they're built to be police cars

Aug 25, 2016
NYC
I was confused in light of my initial question. Just forget the whole thing, I don't have a vested interest in this just was curious. Don't want to hijack this thread with BS.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I believe "used as"would lower the testosterone present....;)

I love this install for purposing to Dick's. :cool: Invisible in everyday traffic until the Blue line is infringed..

Reactions: classifieds869294
Mar 25, 2014
TX

Houston FD Fire Marshals ride around in Priuses. Just saying...

nickDPS

Apr 30, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Sharp Install. I wish Some of our det. cars here had that good of lighting. We actually have hybrid Fusion... Green ya Know. Only have flip down old Code3 Visor light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.