2017 Ford Utility Police Build, mostly SoundOff with Steady Burn!

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Here's a 2017 Utility built for a new client. It's nearly an all SoundOff build...
The Chief gave us flexibility, so we decided to do things a little different!

Equipment:
48" SoundOff nForce Light Bar: Dual Color, Blue-White (front & sides) All Blue (rear)
3" SoundOff mPower Lights: Blue (stud mount) in grille
3" SoundOff mPower Lights: White (screw mount) on sides of front LP bracket
SoundOff Signal HLF
Whelen SA315P Speaker/Bracket
Havis Console
Feniex 4200-DL Controller
Setina Dual Weapon Mount
Pro-Gard Partition
Setina Window Bars
Pro-Gard Prisoner Seat with Outboard Seatbelts
Pro-Gard Rear Cargo Barrier
4" SoundOff mPower Lights: Blue (stud mount w/ brackets) in rear side windows
Feniex Fusion 600 Light Stick: All Blue, mounted in rear cargo/window area (with kill switch)
8EVP E106 Lights: Blue, mounted to bottom edge of lift gate (with kill switch)
8EVP 24" Cabinet Light: Red-White (switched)
4" SoundOff mPower Lights: Blue, on rear LP bracket
SoundOff Signal Plug-n-Play TLF (added LED reverse light bulbs in place of OEM halogen)

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Here ya go..

Attachments

• 19F52A9D-04EA-41EF-A4BB-E51701ADE4C4.jpeg
    19F52A9D-04EA-41EF-A4BB-E51701ADE4C4.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 279C4196-BDE2-4688-B588-FAA482533BA4.jpeg
    279C4196-BDE2-4688-B588-FAA482533BA4.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 44

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Love the simple graphics package and it has lighting in all the right places. Are the stud grill mpower and rear LP mpowers on steadyburn?

The white is very attention-getting on the lightbar, but I’m not a big fan of that much white when parked (like fire apparatus, I wish more LEO vehicles would have white park kill)

Reactions: emt1033

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
Yep, the mPowers in the grille and on the rear LP brkt. are on Steadyburn.
Pos. #2 on their slide switch drops the white, so they can "downgrade" if they want to.

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Great looking install, but maybe a stupid question:

The ORC (Ohio Revised Code) calls for "flashing lights" as warning code - does that mean all steady burn is not now "legal" warning? How does that affect my insurance? I have almost always added a steady burn red or amber on the rear of a light bar, finding it very effective.

And as an aside, I see so many street racers running (illegal and seemingly unenforced) with solid blue and/or red to the front. I might just ignore this car if I saw it pull up behind me with solid blue, steady burn grille lights. PD's need to enforce the proper color lights for all of our safety...

Last edited:

DMCGONAGIL

Feb 5, 2012
WI
Not gonna lie, I'm digging the steady burn grill lights with the wigwag flasher. Unexpected, but amazingly sexy, and effective/distinguishable at a distance!!! Well done!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.