2017 NYPD Unmarked Ford Fusion

NYC 1

Jun 29, 2014
ny
Does anyone know what type of a light they installing in the grill and on top of the passenger visor in new unmarked fusions. I know that grill used to have Soundoff ghosts and passenger visor had fed signal viper s2. Now they are different. If someone can answer this question and perhaps have pics I would greatly appreciate the help . Thanks51BF09F2-E684-48DC-B209-B7748B177C44.png

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Does anyone know what type of a light they installing in the grill and on top of the passenger visor in new unmarked fusions. I know that grill used to have Soundoff ghosts and passenger visor had fed signal viper s2. Now they are different. If someone can answer this question and perhaps have pics I would greatly appreciate the help . ThanksView attachment 211203
I don’t think they were using ghosts; I believe they had been using surface mount micropulses for everything, including the NGPI Utilities (instead of using stud mount microns on the interceptor grill)

NYC 1

Jun 29, 2014
ny
I don’t think they were using ghosts; I believe they had been using surface mount micropulses for everything, including the NGPI Utilities (instead of using stud mount microns on the interceptor grill)
I did see micropulses on the utilities. But u still can’t find what did they install as visor light in the new unmarked fusion same as on picture . It’s definitely not fed sig viper s2 like they had in the last year model.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
It's still all FedSig as always, I've been seeing half ILS's being installed instead of the usual dual Vipers. The rear deck is still the synced dual R/B dual Vipers.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
They've been using half whelen xlp interior light bars. Still the same vipers in the rear. Not sure about the grill. I could try to take a look at it when I go to work but I won't be able to see the rear of the light

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Just saw a new utility, they have Micropulses in the grille. Also don’t know why they don’t use the factory mounting locations in the grille.

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Just saw a new utility, they have Micropulses in the grille. Also don’t know why they don’t use the factory mounting locations in the grille.

Because of the amounts of UF-49's that would require and the higher ups to bother about something so small would take forever. The way it is, is how it is, until someone is standing next to the boss and goes, hey that would look better up there and it comes ready to be installed there.

Just how it is

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
My guess is the only way to get the factory grill lights is to order the ready for the road package which includes more accessories than they want and is Whelen-biased, the dealer who won the bid probably lowballs the cost of the grill lights & install against the high dollar Vision SLR and siren.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
My guess is the only way to get the factory grill lights is to order the ready for the road package which includes more accessories than they want and is Whelen-biased, the dealer who won the bid probably lowballs the cost of the grill lights & install against the high dollar Vision SLR and siren.
They're not factory grille lights, there are 2 spots at the top of the grille that are removable where stud mount lightheads can be affixed.
20151223_115420_resized.jpg

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I'm aware of that, but that's where they're factory mounted, and I believe factory grill lights are only available with the ready for the package, while every other warning option can be ordered A la carte. The dealer likely installs them as part of the bid upfit, and they must find it easier to mount them where they do

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I'm aware of that, but that's where they're factory mounted, and I believe factory grill lights are only available with the ready for the package, while every other warning option can be ordered A la carte. The dealer likely installs them as part of the bid upfit, and they must find it easier to mount them where they do
Nope, theres nothing that Ford installs that you can not buy from Whelen directly except for the Ford mirror housings and flashback shields.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
That's not what I said. But add to your list of Ford-exclusive parts the Whelen LED 'pocket warning lamps'.

prty

Apr 15, 2018
Ny, usa
It's because NYPD fsd has a lot of federal signal stocked. All rmp's use mps600-rr. Except highway and since boss rmp's, I've seen Whelen lights.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
As I said, the Ford factory warning options are Whelen-biased which is probably 1 of 2 reasons the NYPD doesn't order/spec the ready for the road package

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.