2017 Tahoe SSV / PPV speaker FYI

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
The whole header panel has to be removed from the Tahoe now too?
The Code 3 bracket I used is designed per instructions to be able to slide in the top by removing the under hood cover. I removed it all because originally I ordered 2 Whelen brackets and I installed the M-4 fog light kits. The fender to bumper cover tabs are a real pain though. I wish the grill was separate like the Silverado.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
So unlike the Charger and FPIU the Tahoe still doesn't require the entire header panel to be removed to install grill lights and speaker(s)?

mackgranite

Feb 11, 2011
USA Marcy, New York
[QUOoughnice to have it out of the way,I think you can getTE="CHIEFOPS, post: 618637, member: 14937"]So unlike the Charger and FPIU the Tahoe still doesn't require the entire header panel to be removed to install grill lights and speaker(s)?[/QUOTE]
Alth
So unlike the Charger and FPIU the Tahoe still doesn't require the entire header panel to be removed to install grill lights and speaker(s)?
Correct, I believe for basic installs you can slide it in through the top and just remove the grill top fasteners to pull it out some. The Code 3 bracket is punched for lights too.(3 for a one speaker install and one on top for the two speaker install) I'm going with the Setina Push bumper with built in lights, real easy. I don't like speakers out on the PB though.

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
I have one of these in my shop right now.....those damn aero shutters are a pain!! but I like the way you did this!! I just spent the last hour trying to figure a way to mount them. wish I came out here earlier ! lol!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.