2018 Dodge Charger

hlmatthews

Nov 18, 2012
NC/United States
Hello all, I am looking for some ideas for a 2018 Dodge Charger for use as a POV. So far I have somewhat of an idea of what I want.

Front
-Whelen WC DUO FST Inner Edge (Red/White)
-Whelen Single Avenger SOLO (Red)
-4 Whelen ION DUO's in grille (Red/White)
-4 Whelen ION DUO's underneath factory fog lights (Red/White).
-Flasher for the DRL's

Sides
-Whelen LINV2 Under Mirror Light (White)
-4 Whelen ION Duo's Side windows (Red/White) 2 each side.
-Whelen Tracers 5 DUO Lamps (Red/White)

Rear
-Whelen RST TRIO Inner Edge (Red/Amber/White)
-Whelen Surface Mount ION TRIO by license plate (Red/Amber/White)
-Something flasher wise for the rear.

Siren/Light Controler
-Whelen Howler
Carbide or Cantrol?

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 39
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
To control the front DRLs, Fog lights, turn signals, side marker lights, tail lights and reverse lights - I would just order the speed turtle module so you're not having to splice into all those connections but can still have them flash. I ordered one for my '17 charger and it'll be here tomorrow.

I've got a Feniex ILB up front as well as a ERM flasher (currently) on the front DRLs. A feniex 800 in the back and another ERM flasher for the rear.

Reactions: Hunter Matthews

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Front
-Whelen WC DUO FST Inner Edge (R/W)
-Whelen Dual Avenger II DUO (R/W)
-2 Whelen ION DUO's in grille (R/W).
-ERM flasher

Sides
-Whelen LINV2 Under Mirror Light (RED)
-2 Whelen ION Duo's Side windows closer to C-post. 1 per side. Flash RED only for warning & have clear only for side scene lighting steadyburn

Rear
-Whelen RST DUO Inner Edge (Red/Amber)
-Standard flasher that flashes brake lights in a wigwag/alternating only.

Noisemakers/control:
Whelen Howler
Carbide or Sapphire
2 SA315P

NOTES:

Consider ion t series duos (thinner) over regular duos

Flash 2 Grill ions & Dual avenger red only for warning, and use the clear only for steadyburn scene lighting (flashing R/W will be too much clear up front between those lights, the inner edge, & DRLs IMO).

For all of the side warning, i only suggest red flashing and clear only used as an alley function. I only recommend flashing clear to the front, and I only recommend that the flashing clear be in the lightbar and HLF (DRL in this case) b/c ppl overdo the clear and it’s more blinding than effective warning

Skip the 4 Whelen ION underneath factory fog lights b/c it’ll look tacky/overkill + lighting won’t be effective down there.

Keep it simple with 2 ions in Grill. The Dodge Charger Grill isn’t the most ideal Grill for mounting lights & 4 will look overcrowded (except on a larger mounting platform like a PB on a marked unit)

For the rear, I scrapped clear in the inner edge (no flashing clear to the rear is good and I can’t imagine a need for rear flood on your POV). Keep it slow alternating red/amber. For the ions on the LP, I left the clear there b/c you can wire them to steadyburn to go on with reverse lights and flash only red/amber for warning

Carbide is good if you want to wire everything to be controlled/synced by 1 source. I don’t personally think it’s necessary for your POV, but it def doesn’t hurt

Hunter Matthews

Jul 27, 2016
Laurinburg, NC
To control the front DRLs, Fog lights, turn signals, side marker lights, tail lights and reverse lights - I would just order the speed turtle module so you're not having to splice into all those connections but can still have them flash. I ordered one for my '17 charger and it'll be here tomorrow.

I've got a Feniex ILB up front as well as a ERM flasher (currently) on the front DRLs. A feniex 800 in the back and another ERM flasher for the rear.

I still haven't been able to get ahold of ERM products. I have ordered a diffrently plug and play flasher for the rear. I'm guessing a LED flasher will be in order for the front DRL's.

Hunter Matthews

Jul 27, 2016
Laurinburg, NC
Front
-ERM flasher

Sides
-2 Whelen ION Duo's Side windows closer to C-post. 1 per side. Flash RED only for warning & have clear only for side scene lighting steadyburn

Rear

Noisemakers/control:
Whelen Howler
Carbide or Sapphire
2 SA315P

NOTES:

Flash 2 Grill ions & Dual avenger red only for warning, and use the clear only for steadyburn scene lighting (flashing R/W will be too much clear up front between those lights, the inner edge, & DRLs IMO).

For all of the side warning, i only suggest red flashing and clear only used as an alley function. I only recommend flashing clear to the front, and I only recommend that the flashing clear be in the lightbar and HLF (DRL in this case) b/c ppl overdo the clear and it’s more blinding than effective warning

Skip the 4 Whelen ION underneath factory fog lights b/c it’ll look tacky/overkill + lighting won’t be effective down there.

Keep it simple with 2 ions in Grill. The Dodge Charger Grill isn’t the most ideal Grill for mounting lights & 4 will look overcrowded (except on a larger mounting platform like a PB on a marked unit)

For the rear, I scrapped clear in the inner edge (no flashing clear to the rear is good and I can’t imagine a need for rear flood on your POV). Keep it slow alternating red/amber. For the ions on the LP, I left the clear there b/c you can wire them to steadyburn to go on with reverse lights and flash only red/amber for warning

Carbide is good if you want to wire everything to be controlled/synced by 1 source. I don’t personally think it’s necessary for your POV, but it def doesn’t hurt

Thanks! I am supposed to be getting a quote for a mounting bracket for 4 ions and a siren speaker. Good cll on the rear I agree was just a thought but for the exta couple hundred bucks it cost I don't think it is worth it.

Hunter Matthews

Jul 27, 2016
Laurinburg, NC
Temporary set up for the moment till new stuff comes in and final planning is complete. I had two Whelen IONS laying around both solid red. I just threw them in the back to see how it would look and to have warning till final install. I know its not the prettiest yall have ever seen but I didn't spend a lot of time or effort on them. Rear has 2 Whelen IONs both solid red. Front has a Whelen Dual Talon solid red mounted suction cups to passenger headlinner. I have posted pics of the rear for now. Here is a youtube link so others can see how well these two IONS really punch through dark window tint:

Attachments

• whGn3cUgR8OstmMwJw2BQw.jpg
    whGn3cUgR8OstmMwJw2BQw.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 4c2cMoajRFirHWs8YtnxlQ.jpg
    4c2cMoajRFirHWs8YtnxlQ.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 44
  • HEpyn0GSSzaul2YUllWi1A.jpg
    HEpyn0GSSzaul2YUllWi1A.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
  • GEsXRh3IQuuOzaHSBDGTvQ.jpg
    GEsXRh3IQuuOzaHSBDGTvQ.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 30

Hunter Matthews

Jul 27, 2016
Laurinburg, NC
Front
-ERM flasher

Sides

Rear

Noisemakers/control:
Whelen Howler
Carbide or Sapphire
2 SA315P

NOTES:

I placed the IONs down in the fog light just to get and idea of what they would look like. Even with smoked lense I don't think they will look good. I think those are going to get tossed.

Attachments

• f5VjOaVWSC2dPcEfJch6bw.jpg
    f5VjOaVWSC2dPcEfJch6bw.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 69
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Thanks! I am supposed to be getting a quote for a mounting bracket for 4 ions and a siren speaker. Good cll on the rear I agree was just a thought but for the exta couple hundred bucks it cost I don't think it is worth it.
I just installed the Speed Turtle module yesterday and I'll tell you for the price, you CAN NOT beat it. If I didn't already have the ERM flashers installed, I would of never bothered with them in the first place. The ST module flashes literally everything (or just what you want to flash). I'm very impressed with it and not having to tap into every single light, add flashers etc. I highly recommend you at least look into one. I'm going to make a new video and upload it coming up.

hlmatthews

Nov 18, 2012
NC/United States
I just installed the Speed Turtle module yesterday and I'll tell you for the price, you CAN NOT beat it. If I didn't already have the ERM flashers installed, I would of never bothered with them in the first place. The ST module flashes literally everything (or just what you want to flash). I'm very impressed with it and not having to tap into every single light, add flashers etc. I highly recommend you at least look into one. I'm going to make a new video and upload it coming up.

Can't wait to see it!

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I like it!!!! One has been ordered for now should ship out around 4/26/18! What mount are you using for Fusion's on the license plate? Also are they 40o or 180o?
Just a fusion LP bracket. They're the 40 degree optics. The few time I've installed the 180 degree optics for a customer, I've never been impressed with them. I try to always stick with the 40 degree modules.

Reactions: Hunter Matthews

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I placed the IONs down in the fog light just to get and idea of what they would look like. Even with smoked lense I don't think they will look good. I think those are going to get tossed.
Agreed! Like I said it’s too low to be effective IMO (and drop so much money on 4 ions there) and it looks tacky.

Is the custom bracket for the grill some grill replacement bracket or is it to mount everything behind the grill? I haven’t seen a behind-the-grill mount for the chargers that would hold 4 lights and a speaker (again not the best grill for mounting lights), but If it is, I’d go with solid red traditional ions b/c the TIR optics will punch through the limited openings in the grill better than the linear optic on the ion T and duo color versions

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Agreed! Like I said it’s too low to be effective IMO (and drop so much money on 4 ions there) and it looks tacky.

Is the custom bracket for the grill some grill replacement bracket or is it to mount everything behind the grill? I haven’t seen a behind-the-grill mount for the chargers that would hold 4 lights and a speaker (again not the best grill for mounting lights), but If it is, I’d go with solid red traditional ions b/c the TIR optics will punch through the limited openings in the grill better than the linear optic on the ion T and duo color versions

I've only ever seen custom made brackets. I've got two Feniex Fusion 40 degree modules waiting to go behind my grille - I just haven't had the time to go make a bracket nor take the whole dang front bumper off to do it.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I've only ever seen custom made brackets. I've got two Feniex Fusion 40 degree modules waiting to go behind my grille - I just haven't had the time to go make a bracket nor take the whole dang front bumper off to do it.
Right, i’ve only seen custom fab, but I’ve never seen it for 4 light heads. I was wondering if it was that or if there was some kind of custom grill replacement that I’ve never seen/heard of (similar to the Rockland replacement for the Tahoe Grille) since there wasn’t much information other then he was getting a quote on some custom bracket for 4 lightheads, which sounds very tight

wmzuzuski

Nov 3, 2018
Connecticut
Hay, on the Dodges, what do you do with the special adapter included in the Chrysler Speed Turtle Kit? the "pass thru"? I'm stuck in 'step 3' of programming in my dodge

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.