2018 Ford PIU IC problems.

• Thread starter Deleted member 30134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30134

I've been reading online about problems with explorers and some f150's. The problem I'm having is the IC "P,R,N,D,L'' lights come on after about 5-10 minutes and stay on. It's running the battery down. I've ran into this more than once now. Is this a common problem, or is it something I could be doing on installations? I feel pretty confident I did not have anything to do with this, but you never know. Hopefully the ford dealer finds that it is on there end, and not mine. Boss on't be happy :). Thanks for any insight!

Jun 2, 2014
Colorado
Do you have a PDU with timer or 3rd-party battery saver installed? Do you also have a siren park cut-out wired somewhere to the range selector or computer? The time interval sounds too close to a timeout to be coincidental, and a lot like some current backflow happening.

By way of problem isolation, I'd start disconnecting the most likely suspects, then disconnect all your upfit wiring if you can't pin the source down.

J

JMW2858

We did two vehicles together wired exactly the same. It does have a MDT timer. Unhooked and still did it. I just got it back from the Ford dealer. We had the battery unhooked from both vehicles. They said this probably caused it, but who knows. They had to reprogram the PCM and the IC. I guess you have to be careful unplugging batteries. Do you guys normally disconnect the positive battery post while makeing your terminations?! Or do you just leave it all plugged in.

D

Deleted member 30134

We did two vehicles together wired exactly the same. It does have a MDT Havis charge guard timer. Unhooked and still did it. I just got it back from the Ford dealer. We had the battery unhooked from both vehicles. They said this probably caused it, but who knows. They had to reprogram the PCM and the IC. I guess you have to be careful unplugging batteries. Do you guys normally disconnect the positive battery post while makeing your terminations?! Or do you just leave it all plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.