2018 Ram 1500 Sport

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Figured I'd post up a quick video of my POV - 2018 Ram 1500 Sport. Tried to keep all equipment as hidden as possible. Front bar and rear bar are both behind 5% window tint. Feniex Fusion ILB front bar, Feniex Fusions in grille, Advanced warning lights HAWs in fog lights. Rear - Feniex Cobra 800 in rear window and (4) Soundoff mPowers beneath the tailgate. The center red mPowers also function as brake and turn signal lights. Let me know what yall think. I also know I need to get rid of the white to the rear, I've just been too lazy to mess with it lol.

Reactions: OliverD and #1texan

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I dig this setup. can you make the amber/whites flash just amber? then tie a white mode to your reverse lights?

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I dig this setup. can you make the amber/whites flash just amber? then tie a white mode to your reverse lights?
Ya, that was the original plan. As you know, I mainly only ever used Feniex stuff so messing around with the soundoff modules and them having 3 different "function" tables was kinda confusing to me. If I ever get bored one day that's going to be the project to get rid of the flashing white and have those modules only flash amber and tie the white steady burn to my reverse.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yeah SOS can be a little confusing.. you know the master of SOS though. Kenny can get ya squared away with a quickness

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Yeah SOS can be a little confusing.. you know the master of SOS though. Kenny can get ya squared away with a quickness
Very true. I eventually got it figured out. I was just tired of messing with it for the day when I was getting everything installed. I also don't like how the mPowers don't come with a rubber/foam gasket to help mark the holes. The mPowers on the truck if you look at them dead on are all slightly crooked which drives my OCD nuts lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I've learned the trick with that is if you can use through bolts and nuts to drill slightly larger hole than you need for the screw. Allows you to have a little bit of adjustment.

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I've learned the trick with that is if you can use through bolts and nuts to drill slightly larger hole than you need for the screw. Allows you to have a little bit of adjustment.
I may go back and do that coming up. It's weird though - the lights all the way to the left as you're looking at it from behind appears crooked. But when I put the level on it, it shows dead level. On the right side, that light appears level just looking at it, but when I put the level on it, it's off slightly. Gotta just be optical illusions or something

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
are the truck, bumper, and tail gate all level?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
You'd be surprised with how off I've seen things on brand new trucks. Might not be the case here but its worth a check.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I agree with what fever said about flashing only amber and using the clear for steadyburn only.

I like the added brake light function of the center mpowers a lot, but I would set the outer amber mpowers to turn signal instead of the inner red ones.

I like the front but think the grill lights should be synced to flash together and (separately) the 2 fog lights should be synced to flash together. Then top it off with a HLF to improve it ;-)

I’d really like to see some side warning. I know you want everything hidden, but I think intersectors would look awesome (low pro and good 180 warning at mid level) along with some mpowers on the running boards or linear ions with smoked lenses

Reactions: firemedic10584
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
I agree with what fever said about flashing only amber and using the clear for steadyburn only.

I like the added brake light function of the center mpowers a lot, but I would set the outer amber mpowers to turn signal instead of the inner red ones.

I like the front but think the grill lights should be synced to flash together and (separately) the 2 fog lights should be synced to flash together. Then top it off with a HLF to improve it ;-)

I’d really like to see some side warning. I know you want everything hidden, but I think intersectors would look awesome (low pro and good 180 warning at mid level) along with some mpowers on the running boards or linear ions with smoked lenses

I'll definitely remove the flashing white to the rear from the mPowers. I just need to find a free day where I actually have time to mess with it lol.

The only problem with moving the turn signal function to the amber modules is they will also steady burn for my brakes then...the brake and turn signal are on the same trigger wire from my brake light.

I may try having the grille and fog lights flash together (not all 4 together but you know) just to see how it looks.

I have the speedturtle module, which I know there are a lot of folks out there who don't like it, it worked well for me in my charger. I'm waiting for them to come out with the update that will make it work in 2018 Rams. I plan on having it just flash the high beams and the tail lights. I like it because it has a park mode where it will turn off the high beams once I'm in park. So we'll see if that actually pans out how I'm planning.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Cory always does nice clean installs.. and he changes vehicles a lot so you will always see something from him. :)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
i have heard you say if you have to spend money on maintenance it's time for a new car....

I didn't realize how serious you were about it though

BLUELIGHT

Jul 7, 2018
Hendersonville NC
Nice installation. Looks like something I would do if still active in the fire department. Diodes might be useful to interface brake and turn signal functions with your light interface if they are interacting in a way you don't like.

Reactions: firemedic10584

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
It took me a long time to figure out if nlines would work on my ram with the pinch weld. They just barely make it. I have nlines and intersectors and 2 feniex t3s on a home made intersection license plate bracket. You also will have a an easy time with intersectors with your standard mirrors. Me with the tow mirrors not so much since the puddle lights are right where the intersectors would go. But ram screwed us with the tow mirrors and the puddle light is one measly LED. My cell phone light works better. So I just drilled right through it. Plus it's a removable insert so I didn't end up drilling into the mirror itself. Killing my OCD a little since it hangs off just a little but I'm actually ok with it since it was for the better good

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.