2018 Utility Interceptor HLF

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Question in regards to our new 2018 Ford Utility. It did come with the Ready for the Road package with rear lights and mirror lights. Question is in regards to the Headlight Flash, which I know was an option from Ford. Is there a way to check by the VIN if our vehicle has this option, or an easy way to see under the hood if we have this option?

If we do, is it something that can just be "activated" by a trigger wire, or is it something that would require the addition of a vehicle-specific flasher such as the Whelen SSFFP16?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20190302_154107.jpg
    20190302_154107.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
Thrilling response.....

Anywho....... found out our package does not have the pre-wire from Ford. Will a solid-state standard HLF work on this new Explorer?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Thrilling response.....

Anywho....... found out our package does not have the pre-wire from Ford. Will a solid-state standard HLF work on this new Explorer?
Yeah you have to go to Ford with the VIN to decode the setup and find out what packages it was sold with ... Haven't found any other way. Sorry

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I think you're referring to option 60A which IIRC is only necessary if you want a built-in harness for grill lights & speaker. With what your're looking to do I'm fairly certain all you need is a plug and play flasher such as the Whelen and then run it's trigger wire to your switch.

codycat91

Feb 17, 2011
NY
I think you're referring to option 60A which IIRC is only necessary if you want a built-in harness for grill lights & speaker. With what your're looking to do I'm fairly certain all you need is a plug and play flasher such as the Whelen and then run it's trigger wire to your switch.

That would be great if that is correct, that the plug-n-play flasher would work. Would there be a simple way to check? Such as verifying that there is a specific harness in a certain spot? Or any other way of confirming

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Again, I'm not aware of any harness needed for flashing headlights, you just plug a P&P flasher in-line at a factory connection point.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.