2019 Cherokee Tail Lights

carguy4471

Dec 28, 2018
MN
First post here. Installed automotive electronics in a previous life so I thought I would add some additional safety to the new Jeep. Used a CLDG Flasher (sho-me rebranded) for the running lights and reverse, and an additional sho-me on the brakes. I haven't decided if I want to add a pair of amber feniex t3 lights for the front or not (easy for LEO to think you misuse them).

Lights for use when at an accident or otherwise stopped on the road. This is not a response vehicle of any sort. Hazards just don't cut it and these are legal if you are stopped. It's a bit of extra safety as I typically stop at any accident or otherwise disabled motorist to help.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Well here comes the " no white to rear" and " motorist assists*" flame posters... o_O

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
The white does to look to have a large footprint, and it looks weird with how everything is synced. It goes opposite the red on one side, but with it on the other.

Personally I don't find it very effective compared to standard 4-ways and a couple ambers in the rear window.

carguy4471

Dec 28, 2018
MN
The way that flasher is wired I've got 1&2 as reverse to flash against each other, and 3&4 as inboard running lights vs outboard running lights. I am unsure do not think I could swap 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 as they have over ride.... when I throw it in reverse it will put reverse lights on. If I were to cross those it would negate that function.

I do see your point though. As an infrequent use item on the vehicle I feel it's still a good step above hazards. I may have to ponder a way to get the reverse to sync better.

carguy4471

Dec 28, 2018
MN
I don't mind in the least.

I mounted the flashers behind the drivers side rear quarter panel trim. I tapped into the wires at the lights themselves behind the lights. I had to go into the liftgate for the reverse wires because they run into the liftgate as a single wire. I ran wires in and diode isolated them. The rest were easy to grab behind the quarter panel trim on both sides.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.