2019 Dodge Durango R/T. POV

Status
Not open for further replies.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Finally came in last night and picked it up
Already have plans and prob will start the build in a few weeks . Some of the lights will be from my ‘11 Durango that I traded in and some will be new .
So far
Sound off pinnacle full visor
Feniex 600
Strobes n more dual color stick
Feniex hide aways
Feniex 4200 ,storm , hammer
Going to do some intersection but haven’t decided on which light or where I’m mounting it . Was late and dark by time I got it home

I’ll keep ya posted DE0340F8-1363-4A6A-8C07-C1E52B69E7D4.jpeg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Finally came in last night and picked it up
Already have plans and prob will start the build in a few weeks . Some of the lights will be from my ‘11 Durango that I traded in and some will be new .
So far
Sound off pinnacle full visor
Feniex 600
Strobes n more dual color stick
Feniex hide aways
Feniex 4200 ,storm , hammer
Going to do some intersection but haven’t decided on which light or where I’m mounting it . Was late and dark by time I got it home

I’ll keep ya posted View attachment 214912
Nice looking ride. I saw we got a few of those in at our central shop (awaiting upfit) to be given to the captains in our fire investigations unit. They pack a lot of punch under the hood.

For intersection, I think that SOS intersectors under the mirror & Whelen ion T series minis up front on the side of the bumper. With all the black you have, I honestly think the T ion minis will blend in with the black flanges, & I’ve been very impressed with the off axis output of such a thin, small light

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
May I ask, where are you tapping into constant power and Ignition only power?
Constant is at the battery. Only think I need ign is to turn in the 4200 and that i grabbed at the cig lighter in console

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Nice looking ride. I saw we got a few of those in at our central shop (awaiting upfit) to be given to the captains in our fire investigations unit. They pack a lot of punch under the hood.

For intersection, I think that SOS intersectors under the mirror & Whelen ion T series minis up front on the side of the bumper. With all the black you have, I honestly think the T ion minis will blend in with the black flanges, & I’ve been very impressed with the off axis output of such a thin, small light

Thanks.
Def good ideas but this being a POV and I try to keep everything hidden as possible I don’t won’t to body mount anything. Usually when I do marked or unmarked dept vehicles I will mount wherever possible. But less prone to my own truck

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
UPDATE. I started this weekend on the front
Visor bar ,feniex600 ,Whelen speaker, feniex hammer and 2 strobes and more surface mount star leds. Are all in and mounted
I will grab some more finished photos this week and try to finish the wiring to the 4200 then start the rear 5958150A-A4CE-45F3-A37D-26CBEEFB6E15.jpeg7077F976-0B5F-4C00-910C-8046EE8A8A26.jpeg53644C58-BF9A-460B-8B6B-F851A2729B6A.jpeg720FC05A-ECC3-4FBB-93BC-2211C57DDA15.jpeg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Thanks.
Def good ideas but this being a POV and I try to keep everything hidden as possible I don’t won’t to body mount anything. Usually when I do marked or unmarked dept vehicles I will mount wherever possible. But less prone to my own truck
Totally understand. Where are the SNM surface stars mounted?

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
Totally understand. Where are the SNM surface stars mounted?
I moUnited then in the license plate frame from behind. I will take a pic later tonight and post
I did the same thing on my last Durango

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I just bought the Brookings industries Durango taillight flasher. Bit pricey but it’s suppose to be plug and play I will let you know when I get it installed

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I’ve seen the speakers mounted in the center of the upper & lower grill on the newer Durangos, where they’re not super muffled. Obviously, though, I don’t expect you to fit an old school bell speaker in there on a low-pro setup without a pushbumper, though.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
With that mounting location it sounds normal when the vehicle is stationary but once moving at traffic speeds or faster the volume drops significantly, that's why I resorted to mounting the sugar scoop speaker in the lower grill in my Charger and subsequent PIU.
Difference in output is like difference between night and day.

jo2max

Feb 8, 2015
Hawaii
I just bought the Brookings industries Durango taillight flasher. Bit pricey but it’s suppose to be plug and play I will let you know when I get it installed

I just installed the Brooking Plug and play rear flasher in my 2018 Durango today. The center light is not flashing, but both corners flash just fine. All factory lights work just fine so I can’t figure out why the center light doesn’t flash. Also when the flasher is activated, the rear view camera turns off. Let me know how your install goes or went.

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I just installed the Brooking Plug and play rear flasher in my 2018 Durango today. The center light is not flashing, but both corners flash just fine. All factory lights work just fine so I can’t figure out why the center light doesn’t flash. Also when the flasher is activated, the rear view camera turns off. Let me know how your install goes or went.
Which plug in the rear did you use. ? There are two that look same Should be the one on passenger side

Any pics of visor bar and mounts?
Not yet I will try to get all pics and videos up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.