2019 Dodge Durango "racetrack" flasher

cop982002

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
What do you guys use as a rear flasher module for a civilian 2019 Dodge Durango? Specifically the rear race track light

You can probably use an actual tail light flasher. Just as long as you isolate the flash from going back to the BCM. Some people have tied in some one-way diodes that will block back feeding current. I chose this route so when I trade it in or have electrical problems, they can't see that I spliced some wires.

Upvote 0
Do you have other lights that you are trying to sync with? For standalone flashers, I like the Whelen ULF44. It has standard flash patterns, and an override pattern option. It also syncs with other Whelen smart lightheads. Diode isolation is best, but if your racetrack is on with your park lights, it wont flash using diode isolation. You may want to use relays to break the signal so that the racetrack will flash whether or not your OEM lights are already on.

Upvote 0
Do you have other lights that you are trying to sync with? For standalone flashers, I like the Whelen ULF44. It has standard flash patterns, and an override pattern option. It also syncs with other Whelen smart lightheads. Diode isolation is best, but if your racetrack is on with your park lights, it wont flash using diode isolation. You may want to use relays to break the signal so that the racetrack will flash whether or not your OEM lights are already on.

No sync just the racetack lights

Upvote 0
Im sure that there are other flashers out there, but me, being a Whelen guy, Id use a ULF44. Its very affordable, and very functional. You could flash your racetrack with it, it has 62 different flash patterns. And the override pattern feature is cool. You could make your override a brake alert, or a slower park pattern.
But you could buy a dedicated taillight flasher, I know SOS makes some good ones, and their instructions make them really easy to hook up, they just aren’t as versatile as using a universal flasher and doing your own wiring.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7aro