2019 F150 POV

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
This will be used for respond to the station or scene. Here is the plan
I can not make up my mind on perimeter lights. I'm looking at two tri color SOS intersector on the PB and two tri color mpower SOS on the toolbox. The flash pattern would be "phase 1 R <-> B" "phase 2 B <-> R" and have W be for ally.

OR

4 Whelen M6 and use the Pathfinder as the flasher.

I like the idea of the alway on and tri color light but don't know if they will be too small of a foot print?

Lightbar
53" Federal Signal Allegiant with black dome on a backrack.

Siren
Federal Signal PF200H "have"

Speakers
2 Federal Signal BP100's "have"

Perimeter Lights

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
This will be used for respond to the station or scene. Here is the plan
I can not make up my mind on perimeter lights. I'm looking at two tri color SOS intersector on the PB and two tri color mpower SOS on the toolbox. The flash pattern would be "phase 1 R <-> B" "phase 2 B <-> R" and have W be for ally.

OR

4 Whelen M6 and use the Pathfinder as the flasher.

I like the idea of the alway on and tri color light but don't know if they will be too small of a foot print?

Lightbar
53" Federal Signal Allegiant with black dome on a backrack.

Siren
Federal Signal PF200H "have"

Speakers
2 Federal Signal BP100's "have"

Perimeter Lights

View attachment 219232
HANDS DOWN Whelen M-series. The SOS perimeter lights are all great, but IMHO a truck deserves a larger footprint and the M-series are the brightest on the market IMO. I think tri-color is unnecessary & would never do other than duo R/B, b/c I don't think a POV should be relied on to provide side clear/alley on a scene (if you need to get to work, you’ll need to have an apparatus on scene anyways, instead of relying on small POV lights). I think you will be good with 1 red and 1 blue M-series on each side (front, driver side, pass side).

I would go with the Mpowers to the rear, though, since I don’t expect you to drill M-series onto your tailgate. Either
Option 1) 2 R/B/A synced
Option 2) a R/C/A and a B/C/A with the clear only used as a rear backup steadyburn

Are you sure you don’t wanna mount on the lightbar on roof with straps (in front of the B-post) instead of the headache rack) so that it’s not so far back on the truck?

Beautiful truck, BTW

Last edited:

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
HANDS DOWN Whelen M-series. The SOS perimeter lights are all great, but IMHO a truck deserves a larger footprint and the M-series are the brightest on the market IMO. I think tri-color is unnecessary & would never do other than duo R/B, b/c I don't think a POV should be relied on to provide side clear/alley on a scene (if you need to get to work, you’ll need to have an apparatus on scene anyways, instead of relying on small POV lights). I think you will be good with 1 red and 1 blue M-series on each side (front, driver side, pass side).

I would go with the Mpowers to the rear, though, since I don’t expect you to drill M-series onto your tailgate. Either
Option 1) 2 R/B/A synced
Option 2) a R/C/A and a B/C/A with the clear only used as a rear backup steadyburn

Are you sure you don’t wanna mount on the lightbar on roof with straps (in front of the B-post) instead of the headache rack) so that it’s not so far back on the truck?

Beautiful truck, BTW
I’m now leaning more toward a bed cover than a toolbox. I agree with the Whelen M. The roof is 80% glass.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I’m now leaning more toward a bed cover than a toolbox. I agree with the Whelen M. The roof is 80% glass.
With a light bar on a headache rack, I would say you don’t need anything at the C-post/toolbox area. What about intersectors under the mirrors? That way you’ll have the pushbumper, A-post (intersectors) & mid-side warning (lightbar)?

I also think some mpowers by the running board area would be a nice future addition as funds become available

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska

Option 1) 2 R/B/A synced

Beautiful truck, BTW
So I seen sos is coming out with 7x3 and 6x4 mpower lights. I haven't got around to installing the the M6s yet, and toying with the idea of the 6x4.

Watching the video of the 7x3 the output looks really damn good! For programing I'd use table 2 with mode 1&2 be Dual flash. Mode 3 tri flash. Then whites tied in with take downs and allys.

What I like about the mpower is the housing. I put a 3" mpower red on my motorcycle and tied it in with the brake light. The thing is built really well.

Reactions: emtpals

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.